ACC Is Crap | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Is Crap

Well, just another thing you'd be wrong about. But that surprises no one here.

Just because you say somebody is wrong doesn't make them wrong. Especially when you're the person saying they're wrong.

two3zone said:
And if Lydon continues to shot the ball 4 times a game and Moyer does well one of them is going to get more minutes than the other.

Agree.

It's nice problem to have.

I'm not worried about the front court.

Follow up to what I posted before, but this is also on us. These are probably the weakest teams the Orange have fielded.

Assuming Mali comes back, next year should be our first year in the ACC with an elite squad.

We've had one good year and now, two down years. That's on us, not some ACC conspiracy.

The first good year turned into a pretty average year. It hasn't been good since the 25-0.

Just because you say somebody is wrong doesn't make them wrong. Especially when you're the person saying they're wrong.

No, I've seen lots of your posts and you are pretty consistently wrong. And angry about it at the same time. I honestly haven't got a clue why you follow this team.

Just look at Coleman every game for proof. He can make minimal body contact and get called for a foul, but he has to get hammered on the other end to get a call. Roberson gets pushed in the back to the ground while going for a tip in and nothing. Same happened at Duke.
Coleman bulls his way in a lot on offense,he should be called for more offensive fouls.

But he does get called for a lot ticky-tacky fouls on defense.

No, I've seen lots of your posts and you are pretty consistently wrong. And angry about it at the same time. I honestly haven't got a clue why you follow this team.

What am I wrong about? Because I'd take Roberts over our current 4s and 5s? I think that's a matter of opinion rather than something someone is right or wrong about.

Instead of spewing constant nonsense why don't you look some numbers up before you go on and think Roberts over Roberson is crazy.

The first good year turned into a pretty average year. It hasn't been good since the 25-0.

Agreed. 25-0 talk is plain irrelevant considering how we finished. Some posters almost treat it as some revered season.

Against good defensive teams like UVA without any post play it almost has to be pass and chuck. There's only so much a limited offensive team off the bounce as well as schematically can do besides just one pass and shoot. Fortunately many of those chucks went in tonight or else we would've lost by 15+. Hence the pitiful assist total.

What am I wrong about? Because I'd take Roberts over our current 4s and 5s? I think that's a matter of opinion rather than something someone is right or wrong about.

Instead of spewing constant nonsense why don't you look some numbers up before you go on and think Roberts over Roberson is crazy.

What exactly do you think Roberts did better than Roberson?

What exactly do you think Roberts did better than Roberson?

Better in the zone, better presence in the zone, blocked shots better, more consistent rebounder, shot a better percentage.

He had better shite tattoos... that's it.

It's funny how people forget what players meant to programs after they're gone. While he didn't live up to his hype, Roberts had a very productive career here and played with a lot of heart.

The sad part is, both Robersons and Roberts third year stats are very similar and Roberson was higher rated yet Roberts gets treated like the red headed step child.

Better in the zone, better presence in the zone, blocked shots better, more consistent rebounder, shot a better percentage.

Absolutely untrue regarding pretty much anything there.

Rebounding - Senior year Roberts - 8.1 rebounds per game - Junior year Roberson - 9.1 rebounds per game.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/terrence-roberts-1.html

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/67633/tyler-roberson

51.2% for Roberson this year, 54.5% for Roberts his senior year.

The presence in the zone is a made up thought you just came up with, but I remember Roberts being way out of position pretty regularly.

I'll give you blocks.

http://www.syracuse.com/#/1

Here are some pictures taken from the game. Some I found pretty interesting. I remember specifically a number of the plays highlighted in them, a few key ones were towards the end of the game.

Rebounding - Senior year Roberts - 8.1 rebounds per game - Junior year Roberson - 9.1 rebounds per game.

The presence in the zone is a made up thought you just came up with, but I remember Roberts being way out of position pretty regularly.

I'll give you blocks.

I said consistently rebounded better. Weren't you the one preaching reading comprehension? For Roberson to be only averaging 9.1 rebounds a game after his 20 rebounding games and high teen rebounding games shows that he is not consistent.

Like you said, you mentioned it but ignored it, Robersons shooting 51%, Roberts 55% his third year.

Roberts was 6'9" 228, he was huge in the zone, he was a presence whether you want to disagree because it doesn't help your argument.

I'm still trying to understand your first sentence when you said that everything I mentioned was wrong but actually helped my argument by your post even though you still tried to spin it your way.

I'll give you blocks.

Very similar players. It's a good debate and not an easy one, imo. Both have those robotic and awkward games at times. I think Roberts was a better defender and stronger. Roberson shows a bit more ability off the bounce and in the mid range. Roberts had more of the fire and motor. I think Roberson is forced to have to do yeoman's work on the boards since we are so limited up front. Roberts had Watkins and Nichols around him. I don't know. Roberts I feel generally was under appreciated here. He and Mookie were going against some big time front lines and generally holding their own on D.

I said consistently rebounded better. Weren't you the one preaching reading comprehension? For Roberson to be only averaging 9.1 rebounds a game after his 20 rebounding games and high teen rebounding games shows that he is not consistent.

Like you said, you mentioned it but ignored it, Robersons shooting 51%, Roberts 55% his third year.

Roberts was 6'9" 228, he was huge in the zone, he was a presence whether you want to disagree because it doesn't help your argument.

I'm still trying to understand your first sentence when you said that everything I mentioned was wrong but actually helped my argument by your post even though you still tried to spin it your way.

Jessz um, I'd love to see Roberts shot selection his junior year. With Gmac, D Nich, and Devo, I'm pretty sure he only was there to dunk the ball. I still don't think Roberts will be known as a better player at SU. I guess we've got one more year to figure out which one of us is right.

Very similar players. It's a good debate and not an easy one, imo. Both have those robotic and awkward games at times. I think Roberts was a better defender and stronger. Roberson shows a bit more ability off the bounce and in the mid range. Roberts had more of the fire and motor. I think Roberson is forced to have to do yeoman's work on the boards since we are so limited up front. Roberts had Watkins and Nichols around him. I don't know. Roberts I feel generally was under appreciated here. He and Mookie were going against some big time front lines and generally holding their own on D.

I liked Mookie Watkins. Still feel like we could have gotten so much more out of him if he had just taken the medical redshirt the year he got hurt.

Jessz um, I'd love to see Roberts shot selection his junior year. With Gmac, D Nich, and Devo, I'm pretty sure he only was there to dunk the ball. I still don't think Roberts will be known as a better player at SU. I guess we've got one more year to figure out which one of us is right.

Ok? Wouldn't we kill for a guy who can just "dunk the ball"?

You trust DC or Roberson to have the ball underneath and flush one down when we need two? I sure as hell don't.

I'm not saying by the time it's done that Roberts is the better player, I'm saying right now I would take Roberts over what we have because we are awful underneath. I don't understand how that's difficult to comprehend. We don't have one above the rim player and we desperately need one, Roberts can do that.

It's really splitting hairs. Their stats are pretty similar and both were/are inconsistent players who have some great games and some bad games, and are ultimately decent players. Roberson still has time to become better than that, but to this point it's close either way.

Ok? Wouldn't we kill for a guy who can just "dunk the ball"?

You trust DC or Roberson to have the ball underneath and flush one down when we need two? I sure as hell don't.

I'm not saying by the time it's done that Roberts is the better player, I'm saying right now I would take Roberts over what we have because we are awful underneath. I don't understand how that's difficult to comprehend. We don't have one above the rim player and we desperately need one, Roberts can do that.

I think Watkins is MUCH better than DC. I always thought he was underappreciated, but I'm hoping DCII can turn things around. Roberts was very one dimensional. I think the thing that Roberson does right now, offensive rebounding, is far more important to the team than anything Roberts did his junior year. Roberts had 104 o boards all season that year. Roberson has 93 through tonight if I did my math right. And without him on those boards, we don't have nearly as many wins as we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom