ACC Is Crap | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Is Crap

Except you're wrong.

Not sure how one can be wrong over a preference. There's one wrong person in this thread and it's the guy who thinks Tyler Roberson is a consistent player.

Syracuse isn't the face of the ACC. In the Big East, we were one of the premiere teams and always got the calls. We are new to this conference so we really won't get borderline calls.

must not have seen an SU/Pitt game with Dixon as coach

I'm not always happy with ACC officiating but I seem to remember our last game in the BE in MSG against Louisville when they were allowed to commit class A misdemeanor assaults on our players on every possession in the 2nd half to out score us by 30. I remember screaming at my TV because Dajuan Blair was the living embodiment of a moving screen on every offensive possession of one of our games at the Pete...and it was never called.

There are also countless discussions from back in the BE days where we complain about getting called for the minor touch fouls because of the zone while the "aggressive" teams don't get called for them.

Edit: how did I forget to mention Tim Higgins and Jim Burr?

Last edited:
Except you're wrong.

Sorry I even made this thread after seeing this nonsense babbler hunker down in it.

I'm not sure if he is being serious / is completely off his rocker or is just on a wind up.

Tell that to Coach K.

We've been here 3 years and not that good for 2 of them. That's on, well...

That's a good point -- there have been controversial endings to 3 SU/Duke games, and we got the better end of two of them.

I have no delusions that our team is great. It's not.

We can get hot with treys and give anyone a run for the money.

But I watch another ACC game with the cuse and see us called for ticky tack hand check and light contact fouls and our opposition getting hard body fouls no-called again.

I miss the big east.

Providence had a huge win against Villanova at Villanova. Ed Cooley had Providence playing the 2-3 zone the whole game. Ed Cooley seems like a very good head coach.

Weird thread. The OP thinks beating Duke on Monday was crap. The glory days of the Big East are over.

We may not have a great team, but we have a lot better chance at picking up good wins than fellow bubble brethren UCONN.

Would the OP rather travel to Seton Hall every year?

Last edited:
Weird thread. The OP thinks beating Duke on Monday was crap. The glory days of the Big East are over.

We may not have a great team, but we have a great chance at picking up good wins than fellow bubble brethren UCONN.

Would the OP rather travel to Seton Hall every year?

Not weird at all.

Just a nostalgia thread and stated that three years in, the ACC still does not feel like "home". I will concede the thread title is a little over the top.

It's the best we could do - not debating that... and yes, glad we are not UCONN or playing in B1G like buttgers.

I feel more dumb after reading this thread. I guess it beats working though (my boss thanks you all).

Sorry I even made this thread after seeing this nonsense babbler hunker down in it.

I'm not sure if he is being serious / is completely off his rocker or is just on a wind up.
Just messing around, guys. Making fun of what this thread has become.

Seton Hall, Marquette, and South Florida ain't our living room either.

We have a big from down the street that cannot finish a lick. That happens this game goes in a different direction.

The last 2 seasons between probation and horrible early entries we have nothing more than a puncher's chance in these games.
Boeheim at best will get them an 11 seed...they might win 1 or 2 games in the tourney due to Boeheim. I don't get too upset...better times are ahead...just enjoy the team. The kids are playing hard. If we fall short and end up in the NIT...we should be a favorite to make MSG.

Another shocking officiating performance.

Did what they could to keep ga-tech in the game... went into ticky-tack mode in the last 10 mins true to form for this soft-serve league and made sure to get coleman out of the game. That out-of-bounds on richardson looked hella suspect as well - especially given JB's reaction.

The officials icing of Richardson for no apparent reason at the line... Then the foul call on gbinije at the end and then no-call on their inbound when bodying richardson to the floor to give smith a jumper... madness.

The zebras did what they could do but ga-tech could not convert when it counted. Madness we have to endure these bs calls on our home court.

Last edited:
Just look at Coleman every game for proof. He can make minimal body contact and get called for a foul, but he has to get hammered on the other end to get a call. Roberson gets pushed in the back to the ground while going for a tip in and nothing. Same happened at Duke.
Today his 4th foul, the fing Tech guy fell down before DC touched him. 5th foul for
breathing heavy.

First five minutes of game, three times REF 1 calls us while the ref right in front of the players did not whistle.
Of of those two refs are bad.

Even though there were more fouls called on us, the refs were absolutely horrible today mainly because of the obvious non calls. They acted as if you accidentally smack someone in the face (Lydon and G) it's no foul. If you body slam someone to the floor (Mali) it's no foul.

After the non call when G got smacked, they lost control. They couldn't even figure out whose ball it was suppose to be and twice had to change their mind. Then they stopped play for a reset on the shot clock. After that, the coaches both were going off on them and we saw how the game played out with some BS calls.

Thankfully we got the win.

Last edited:
Boeheim at best will get them an 11 seed...they might win 1 or 2 games in the tourney due to Boeheim. I don't get too upset...better times are ahead...just enjoy the team. The kids are playing hard. If we fall short and end up in the NIT...we should be a favorite to make MSG.

Nice level-headed, rational post. Looking forward to meeting you in Tallahassee.

Another shocking officiating performance.

Did what they could to keep ga-tech in the game... went into ticky-tack mode in the last 10 mins true to form for this soft-serve league and made sure to get coleman out of the game. That out-of-bounds on richardson looked hella suspect as well - especially given JB's reaction.

The officials icing of Richardson for no apparent reason at the line... Then the foul call on gbinije at the end and then no-call on their inbound when bodying richardson to the floor to give smith a jumper... madness.

The zebras did what they could do but ga-tech could not convert when it counted. Madness we have to endure these bs calls on our home court.

and yet SU somehow ended up with more FT attempts

I'm not always happy with ACC officiating but I seem to remember our last game in the BE in MSG against Louisville when they were allowed to commit class A misdemeanor assaults on our players on every possession in the 2nd half to out score us by 30. I remember screaming at my TV because Dajuan Blair was the living embodiment of a moving screen on every offensive possession of one of our games at the Pete...and it was never called.

There are also countless discussions from back in the BE days where we complain about getting called for the minor touch fouls because of the zone while the "aggressive" teams don't get called for them.

Edit: how did I forget to mention Tim Higgins and Jim Burr?
Great post.
I can recall BE games where we had 17 bad calls against us, and games where 9 of the 10 calls were bad against our centers, particularly with nova, gtown, and marquette.
Today we probably had a slight whistle disadvantage if anything but they did call alot of body fouls on marquette so I guess it kind of made up for it. But the two were gbinije was eye raked and the one to put them on the line down 2 with 8 seconds left were completely uncalled for. typically though acc refs have been much much better then BE.

And if I had to take Roberts or Chuckwu tough call next year as well as this year I suppose. Either way our forwards have to hit the gym this summer not just Chuckwu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom