ACC Network is terrible | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network is terrible

cuseguy

Living Legend
I know, I know...beating a dead horse.

But the Clemson game tomorrow night is available, for example, in Portland, Oregon, Fargo, North Dakota, and Macon, Georgia.

But it isn't available in many portions of New England and anyone who doesn't get WLNY in New Jersey.

Fortunately, I have Apple TV and ESPN3. But if you don't, you're SOOL.

But the Clemson game tomorrow night is available, for example, in Portland, Oregon, Fargo, North Dakota, and Macon, Georgia.

But it isn't available in many portions of New England and anyone who doesn't get WLNY in New Jersey.

Amen.
There must be thousands of Orange fans in NJ who can't watch the games because they're on WLNY in Long Island instead of WWOR (a possible alternative) which would cover the entire NYC market.

On the upside...If I can't find the game online...I listen to WAER which is often better than a lot of commercial PBP.

The conference might like to consider itself "east coast" now but it still has a decidedly regional approach to TV.

One of the segments on the telecast on Saturday was sponsored by Carolina Ford dealers. That pretty much says it all.

I am suffering from MAJOR culture shock going from the Big East to the ACC. I know, I know, the world changes and you have to adapt. But good lord, playing in the ACC compared to the Big East is like the difference between a slice of good ole NYC pizza dripping tomato sauce and cheese on nice thick piping hot crust, and the pale cardboard comparison you find in anywhere crackerville. Y'all have a good day now, ya hear! Closing my eyes and clicking my heels, 'There's no place like home, there's no place like home.'

Last edited:

Directv 788

"But good lord, playing in the ACC compared to the Big East is like the difference between a slice of good ole NYC pizza dripping tomato sauce and cheese on nice thick piping hot crust, and the pale cardboard comparison you find in anywhere in crackerville. "

I realize this is somewhat OT. But since you mentioned it, there is one good pizza place in crackerville. It's Pepicelli's in Ashland, Virginia. It happens to be owned by my son, a big-time Cuse fan who was raised in Monmouth County, NJ just off exit 114 on the GS Parkway. He serves:
"good ole NYC pizza dripping tomato sauce and cheese on nice thick piping hot crust".

It's year 3. Regardless, if you live in the NYC area and don't have ESPN3, then you probably didn't have SNY.

As an aside, I love that WLNY is finally specifically advertising Syracuse basketball, and not just ACC basketball.

Last edited:
I have a friend who lives in Princeton, NJ. He has SNY but not ESPN3.

I get blacked out on all games carried on the "Regional Sports Networks" on Dish Network, even the ESPN Full Court which I purchased last year (expensive move for essentially two games). I am fortunate I guess that a local ABC station in Watertown, NY carries a lot of the ACC Network games, including the Miami game and tonight's Clemson game. No need to stream tonight :)

It's called a sicilian slice. Neapolitan is the type you fold in half to eat and is more commonly thought of as NYC pizza and while it is thin crust it is probably thicker than you get at national chain pizza places.

I have a friend who lives in Princeton, NJ. He has SNY but not ESPN3.

You friend should switch to FIOS. I believe it's available in Princeton.

Really hate that RSN broadcasts are not carried in Rochester. And ESPN3 is blacked out. Good thing that I am busy on Tuesdays nights until about 10. Can come home and watch the replay connecting my laptop to my 52" TV.

NY pizza has thick crust? Missed that memo somewhere ...

NYC pizza.jpg

Consider yourself memoed

Consider yourself memoed
That's not thick crust. Wikipedia is wikipedia, but c'mon:

New York–style pizza is a style of pizza characterized by large hand-tossed thin-crust pies, often sold in wide slices to-go. It has a crust which is crisp along its edge yet soft and pliable enough beneath its toppings to be folded in half to eat.[1] This style evolved from a type that originated in New York City in the early 1900s ...
Pizzas defined as having a thick crust as a defining trait are deep dish and Sicilian. Period. Chicago style is a biscuit.

Pizzas defined as having a thick crust as a defining trait are deep dish and Sicilian. Period. Chicago style is a biscuit.

FACT

Macon GA is closer to Clemson than Syr-NYC FYI and same goes with anywhere in NE.

Last edited:
CusefanATL said:
Macon GA is closer to Clemson than Syr-NYC FYI and same goes with anywhere in NE.

My point is you can watch SU more easily in Macon than you can 50 miles from NYC.

My point is you can watch SU more easily in Macon than you can 50 miles from NYC.

only because they are playing Clemson. If it were Cuse-BC, it wouldnt be on in Macon. I assume each channel picks the games they want to air.

I know I lost numerous football games to NC State. and recently a ooc bball game to Miami. I am in Atl, not Macon.

CusefanATL said:
only because they are playing Clemson. If it were Cuse-BC, it wouldnt be on in Macon. I assume each channel picks the games they want to air. I know I lost numerous football games to NC State. and recently a ooc bball game to Miami. I am in Atl, not Macon.

My friend who lives near Philly is going to miss 3 of the next 4 SU games because his cable service doesn't carry the games.

I live in Connecticut and wouldn't get tonight's game if I didn't have Apple TV/ESPN 3.

My friend who lives near Philly is going to miss 3 of the next 4 SU games because his cable service doesn't carry the games.

I live in Connecticut and wouldn't get tonight's game if I didn't have Apple TV/ESPN 3.

Call your local providers and complain.

That's not thick crust. Wikipedia is wikipedia, but c'mon:

New York–style pizza is a style of pizza characterized by large hand-tossed thin-crust pies, often sold in wide slices to-go. It has a crust which is crisp along its edge yet soft and pliable enough beneath its toppings to be folded in half to eat.[1] This style evolved from a type that originated in New York City in the early 1900s ...

Wikipedia definition of NY pizza? Oh, Jeez.

Now this guy knows where I'm coming from. Pizza has to have a certain heft in the hand and mouth to be truly satisfying. Double em up and take monster bites!

NY Pizza.PNG

You friend should switch to FIOS. I believe it's available in Princeton.
I get acc network up here in AK.