ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 248 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

$72m.

ACC still need to find an additional $36-54m with the increase in teams.

That $4m each will be swallowed up quickly by AD budgets.

While FSU demands they get 90 pct of the rest of the share lol...

This is what I'd say to them.

6e27728a-c9f7-4a08-8950-80a4ebd2af3d_text.gif

If Pac10 was offered $31m per team, then in reality ESPN had $300m plus available.

ACC settling for $72m seems low.

Does that make SMU $10m in value themselves?

I literally just want a reason to party in New Orleans.

LSU trip in 2017 was incredible. One of my favorite weekends ever.
Okay, who has the story of someone who ran into a young lady in a bar down there who knew who RGLCL was?

Okay, who has the story of someone who ran into a young lady in a bar down there who knew who RGLCL was?
Just linked this the other day.

Well if they add SMU at least it puts to bed the notion that a school needs to be good at sports to get a P4 invite. That’s encouraging for SU.
You can do a lot worse than a school that’s 32-16 in FB over the past 4 years and that was ranked in the top 20 at some point during 3 of those 4 seasons.

2-1 vs TCU during that time and have generally played pretty good football. Granted it’s the AAC though.

Just linked this the other day.

A Board classic!

If Pac10 was offered $31m per team, then in reality ESPN had $300m plus available.

ACC settling for $72m seems low.

Does that make SMU $10m in value themselves?

Cal and Stanford wouldn't be getting 31 mil if I'm following this right? At least not initially.

Cal and Stanford wouldn't be getting 31 mil if I'm following this right?

Pac-12 demanded $31 mil per team from ESPN.

ESPN laughed.

ESPN / FOX will end up paying close to $31 mil to the ACC / Big12 / B1G for Wash / Oregon / Cal / Stanford / the Four Corners anyways.

Califord won't get a full share from the ACC.

ESPN laughed.

ESPN / FOX will end up paying close to $31 mil to the ACC / Big12 / B1G for Wash / Oregon / Cal / Stanford / the Four Corners anyways.

Matchups matter….? Maybe ESPN didn’t see any value in the leftovers playing each other but there’s value in a Stanford/ND or Stanford/Clemson games, for example.

I just wonder if a 4th team will
Come out of the woodwork before next year if this goes down, adding three teams two on the left coast and one in Texas is pretty bizarre. That being said I don’t think any other team moves the needle at all.

ESPN laughed.

Espn offered $31m per team. PAC demanded $50m

Espn walked away

Silver now saying the ACC may take all sports for Calford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom