ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 327 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

But don't they also always get the Big 10/PAC game? Curious if it'll be Big 10 vs wildcard.
Always ended more than 20 years ago.

For example, Miami vs Nebraska for the national championship at the Rose Bowl in 2002.

Always ended more than 20 years ago.

For example, Miami vs Nebraska for the national championship at the Rose Bowl in 2002.

Those are Championship games, I understand that. I was talking about the deal between the Big 10 and PAC and what happens with that. Sorry for the confusion.

Those are Championship games, I understand that. I was talking about the deal between the Big 10 and PAC and what happens with that. Sorry for the confusion.
Once they finally decided to play annual championship games, the B1G-PAC matchup was no longer sacrosanct. They tried to maintain the history the best they could, but $$$ trumps tradition.

Last edited:
I wonder how long the B1G/PAC contract to play in the Rose bowl is.
It doesn't matter. If for some baffling reason OSU/WSU try to maintain the contract, the Rose Bowl Committee will sue to break the deal. And they'll win easily.

I imagine it'll end up a B1G-B12 game, when it isn't a playoff destination (which will be rare).

Good for them but wayyyyy too late.

There’s a world where UD, Nova and UConn all upgraded in the 80s/early 90s and eastern football looks a lot different.
Zero Sum game though...too many mouths...too few fish

Zero Sum game though...too many mouths...too few fish
They probably think that if the ACC major defections, they would fit well into the footprint and deliver the DMV. I said on the Lax thread that they would be a good fit for that. ACC lax doesn't have enough teams for an AQ, so no tournament and it is costing spots in the playoffs and will cost more in the future.

But don't they also always get the Big 10/PAC game? Curious if it'll be Big 10 vs wildcard.
I won't be surprised in the least if it becomes the "showcase" B1G-SEC game (for teams not in the playoff) replacing the New Years bowl game in Tampa.

So the B1G was the PAC 12's big brother. Right.

That could mean B1G #4 vs. SEC #5. There's a can't-miss matchup.:)
They'll vague up the ranking to effectively make it the best B1G west coast team vs whoever (which will be Notre Dame whenever possible).

I can't believe a bunch of rich aholes killed the pac 12. This is sad.
I think their terrible network that somehow ends up with the best game of the week most weeks but no one can watch did them in and they had no negotiating strength when it was time for a new deal.

They should have easily been able to get a solid bag from Fox CBS and NBC/Peacock.

At least the Big Ten won’t suck and be as boring.

Are we going to be a Big 12 school? Or do we join something football only and go Big East for everything else?

I hope the latter.

Are we going to be a Big 12 school? Or do we join something football only and go Big East for everything else?

I hope the latter.

By "something", you want us to become an Independent just like UConn?

No TV contract. No Bowl tie-ins.

And no money from Albany.

There isn't an existing conference out there (AAC, CUSA, MAC, etc...) that would let SU join for football only without bringing along Basketball and all the other sports.

By "something", you want us to become an Independent just like UConn?

No TV contract. No Bowl tie-ins.

And no money from Albany.

There isn't an existing conference out there (AAC, CUSA, MAC, etc...) that would let SU join for football only without bringing along Basketball and all the other sports.
Animated GIF

It is. But news flash we aren’t far behind

They need us.

The whole reason why CFB works is there are 70+ "P5" teams, which makes CFB a national sport.

CFB relies upon ad revenue. And advertisers want lots of eyeballs on their commercials.

IF ESPN opts for a "P2" and relegates 40 teams to the kiddie table, most of the country won't watch.

No viewers, no eyeballs.

No eyeballs, no more ad revenue.

And the pyramid collapses.

They need us.

The whole reason why CFB works is there are 70+ "P5" teams, which makes CFB a national sport.

CFB relies upon ad revenue. And advertisers want lots of eyeballs on their commercials.

IF ESPN opts for a "P2" and relegates 40 teams to the kiddie table, most of the country won't watch.

No viewers, no eyeballs.

No eyeballs, no more ad revenue.

And the pyramid collapses.

NCAA - no, no, this is not a pyramid scheme!

Our model is based on the trapezoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom