ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

It would certainly be ironic if NIL/transfer portal ended up driving people away from viewing the teams they once loved, which could mean lower TV ratings, and all that media money schools were raking in diminished. I'm not saying its going to happen, but I can certainly see 10 years from now where this has all found some sort of middle ground. Right now everyone is trying to cash in, and it could backfire.
100 loves for this post. My dream scenario is that fans of the outsiders- of which it certainly seems to be many- would band together to boycott what we used to love and destroy the system.

100 loves for this post. My dream scenario is that fans of the outsiders- of which it certainly seems to be many- would band together to boycott what we used to love and destroy the system.
I have quite a few friends that span the spectrum of college sports fandom.

My own unscientific opinion is that interest in college sports is down dramatically right now. People are happy with college athletes shopping themselves for the best NIL deal, almost unfettered transfers and vast turnover of rosters for just about everyone.

The changes are good for the top players in college sports. And I am happy for those people.

Average or below average athletes are getting hurt by the changes.

And the fans are getting boned in a major way. I really feel for young college fans, who will never have the experience of latching on to a promising young player on your favorite college team, and watching them mature over the course of 4 or 5 years from a boy to a man.

It was pretty cool while it lasted.

I know this is all hindsight now, but this ACC deal has to be top 5 worst deals to ever be signed in human history right?

1. Indians that sold manhattan to the white man
2. ACC Media Rights deal
3. Guy that left the beatles?
3. That cofounder of Apple that sold out early for like $500
4. Facebook founder pushed out in Social Network

I read an article tonight on ESPN that sounded a bit more optimistic for revenue sharing and the ACC…. We still need to get Notre Dame on board I means what it going to take for them to become full time members
As long as ND has its own lucrative TV deal they're never joining a conference and giving up independence.

Can’t stand the SEC, and feel similar about these ACC teams that want to leave.
I don't know if FSU and Clemson want to leave. Sounds like they want unequal revenue sharing. So something will likely be worked out.

I don't know if FSU and Clemson want to leave. Sounds like they want unequal revenue sharing. So something will likely be worked out.
Kind of feels like they’re extorting money from the conference when they really don’t have actual leverage for at least another decade. Let them walk after that.

As long as ND has its own lucrative TV deal they're never joining a conference and giving up independence.
ND takes in much less TV revenue than if they were in a conference. Only thing that gets ND into a conference is if they lose access to the CFP without being in one.

It would certainly be ironic if NIL/transfer portal ended up driving people away from viewing the teams they once loved, which could mean lower TV ratings, and all that media money schools were raking in diminished. I'm not saying its going to happen, but I can certainly see 10 years from now where this has all found some sort of middle ground. Right now everyone is trying to cash in, and it could backfire.
I think that’s already happening.

Some nobody’s academic rankings won’t influence the B16 vote.
Nebraska’s rank when they accepted the B1G invite was around 100. Plus, the diagram leaves out all of the B1G variables except the internet-three. Anyone who thinks the B1G isn’t more strategic than the three variables is mistaken.

NIl will not matter to the TV execs is about eyeballs. VA UNC and FSU are the prize teams. None of the other teams with the exception of GT matter.
VA?

They are not a major FB draw

Their only draws are AAU and Sun Dresses

Nobody out there brings value
I dream of the day they would poach Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland, Northwestern, Illinois, and Rutgers from B10, plus Cincy and West Virginia from B12 to form a true conference that makes sense.

24 teams
BC, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, Maryland

PSU, MSU, OSU, Michigan, Northwestern, Illinois

Cincy, WVU, Ville, Va Tech, NC State, Clemson

Duke, Wake, UNC, FSU, GaTech, Miami

Play your pod (5 games)
Play 2 from each other pod (6 games)
Play 2 OOC games
Play bowl game

Adds one week to season (extra revenue)

Remnants of B10 merge with B12 or SEC

Whomever is left merges with WAC /PAC

Three conferences of 24.

"Merit-based" revenue ultimately won't satisfy FSU, Clemson and Miami because they think they should be paid more as "brands" irrespective of on-field performance. It also does next to nothing for the other four who are rarely contenders for much of anything in football.
All of this is starting to remind me of divorced couples continuing to live in the same house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom