ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 249 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Matchups matter….? Maybe ESPN didn’t see any value in the leftovers playing each other but there’s value in a Stanford/ND or Stanford/Clemson games, for example.
Don’t overthink it. No one wants to pay the rate for these three schools. It’s asinine. But it’s contractual.

This whole situation is so colossally dumb it’s hard to fathom.

Be interesting to see if ACC goes to 9 conference games, that would have to add a little more revenue.

Be interesting to see if ACC goes to 9 conference games, that would have to add a little more revenue.
Usually Clemson, FSU, Ga Tech fight the idea because they all play their annual instate OOC rival and don’t want to pile on the P5 matchups but with the new 12 team playoff coming, it’s possible but guessing it stays at 8

Don’t overthink it. No one wants to pay the rate for these three schools. It’s asinine. But it’s contractual.

This whole situation is so colossally dumb it’s hard to fathom.
Big Business.

DSo would the league ending all games vs. 1AA teams and also requiring 2 P5 (P4) OOC teams.

I just wonder if a 4th team will
Come out of the woodwork before next year if this goes down, adding three teams two on the left coast and one in Texas is pretty bizarre. That being said I don’t think any other team moves the needle at all.
Words matter - Notee Dame moves the needle
with 17 football playing members, you can do 4 perm then rotate the other 12 equally in 3 years
2 permanent and rotate the other 14 every 2 years.

Words matter - Notee Dame moves the needle

2 permanent and rotate the other 14 every 2 years.
Yes the 2-7-7 is what they would do, hopefully they drop FSU from ours. Guessing they will if they do indeed go to that format but again, I think FSU/Clemson/Ga Tech will scream about going to 9 games

FSU giving up their game with Florida, or a home game with an FCS?

Never happen.
Something will have to give didn’t do a deep dive into everyone’s schedule next year but at least a handful already have their schedule set, Syracuse I’d imagine will play at least one of these schools next year so we would have to drop who? army, Ohio, Uconn Or Holy Cross?

Something will have to give didn’t do a deep dive into everyone’s schedule next year but at least a handful already have their schedule set, Syracuse I’d imagine will play at least one of these schools next year so we would have to drop who? army, Ohio, Uconn Or Holy Cross?

That one is pretty clear, you drop the school that’s a complete loser….. uconn

it would be a conference game dropped and would likely involve a reconfiguration of perm rivals

Last edited:
Title 9

Destroyed Men's Lacrosse and Wrestling

Impacted Men's Soccer too. Rule needs to be changed, more women than men graduate from college now, it's ridiculous. Eliminate Football from the calculation at least
The fact that more women than men graduate from college points out how skewed athletic funding is because of football. Football creates an 85-scholarship 100+ roster spots hole for the rest of the athletic department. Sen John Tower (R-TX) tried to get a carve-out for football when Title IX was first under consideration and got nowhere. There's absolutely no way an exemption for football would pass.

Yes the 2-7-7 is what they would do, hopefully they drop FSU from ours. Guessing they will if they do indeed go to that format but again, I think FSU/Clemson/Ga Tech will scream about going to 9 games
except that adds to 9 conference games so I doubt it

Could be. The ACC could offer more money if the Calford and SMU do not need to bring their Olympic sports. Interesting that SMU is apparently back in the conversation. Again, would be surprised if the ACC added 3 football schools, which would give them an odd number. That is not ideal.

If a desperate school is also willing to forgo any revenue for 5-7 years, like SMU, I could see them adding a fourth school. Know any desperate schools?
I think SMU wasn't mentioned much because there probably isn't very much opposition to admitting them, primarily because they're not as distant as Cal and Stanford, and it's only one time zone jump, Just to give an idea of the distances involved because no team would drive that far, it's 1500 road miles from Miami to Boston, the longest present trip) and 1700 from Boston to Dallas.

The ACC are their enablers. What is it 29 straight regular season losses to them for the entire conference? But come park your other sports here.
And? Losses to Notre Dame still equate to huge rating boosts in football

i wonder who draws the short straw on being cal, stanford and smu's other 2 rivals assuming those 3 will be playing each other yearly

If the ACC was smart , they would put a 100 percent full court press to add navy for football only. By promising them a partial share of revenue.

Then go back to Notre Dame and say listen with your agreement to play 5 ACC teams already and now adding your yearly rival Stanford and Navy, its only going to take 1 more game for you to meet an 8 game conference schedule, they could rotate the other six teams but have Stanford and Navy as part of there rivals games. One game to meet the conference schedule. Which then appeases the other members like Clemson and FSU who already have tough rival games every year, Maybe give 4 conference games to ND to play on NBC as part of there package.
I know they want Indenpence but they even admitted with all this re-alingment they have forgot about the student athelete so maybe its time

You then go back to ESPN and say whats the benefit now?

Holy Cross

I think SMU wasn't mentioned much because there probably isn't very much opposition to admitting them, primarily because they're not as distant as Cal and Stanford, and it's only one time zone jump, Just to give an idea of the distances involved because no team would drive that far, it's 1500 road miles from Miami to Boston, the longest present trip) and 1700 from Boston to Dallas.
Boston Miami 3:45
Boston Dallas 4:10
Boston San Francisco: 6:30

So its a maximum 3 hour difference in travel time. Considerably less when the flights are reversed due to Jet stream.
BC leaves Boston 5 pm charter Thursday arrives San Francisco at approximately 8:30 pm pacific time.
By Saturday game they are good to go.

Its a 3 hour difference vs Miami trip. Its Considerably easier than the bus rides many FBS and D2 schools do.
Lets not make this what it isnt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom