ACC Record Since Joining | Syracusefan.com

ACC Record Since Joining

Geode

Block Head
I was curious about how the team was performing since joining the ACC. Thought a few others would be interested as well:

Total W Total L
Boston College 5 1
Clemson 1 2
Duke 2 3

Florida St 3 0
Georgia Tech 2 1
Louisville 1 1
Miami 2 2
North Carolina 1 3
NC State 2 1
Notre Dame 3 0
Pittsburgh 2 4
Virginia 0 3

Va Tech 4 0
Wake Forest 3 0
Maryland 1 0
Cumulative Record - 32 21

Thankfully, we have the 14-4 initial year in the ACC to boost our cumulative record
2015-16 - 9-8 with one to go,
2014-15 - 9-9,
2013-14 - 14-4).

Losing records against: Clemson, Duke, UNC, Pitt, and UVA
UVA 0-3 and Pitt 2-4 really hurt.

SU owns - BC, ND, Va Tech, FSU, Wake

I was curious about how the team was performing since joining the ACC. Thought a few others would be interested as well:

Total W Total L
Boston College 5 1
Clemson 1 2
Duke 2 3

Florida St 3 0
Georgia Tech 2 1
Louisville 1 1
Miami 2 2
North Carolina 1 3
NC State 2 1
Notre Dame 3 0
Pittsburgh 2 4
Virginia 0 3

Va Tech 4 0
Wake Forest 3 0
Maryland 1 0

Thankfully, we have the 14-4 initial year in the ACC to boost our cumulative record
2014-15 - 9-9,
2013-14 - 14-4).

I think you'll start to see more success against the top end teams moving forward since we don't have the weight of the NCAA all up in our stuff throughout the season.

Can't discount the kind of jarring impact that the NCAA has brought upon the program.

I think we'll get back to where we should be, in the top three or four, consistently.

I think you'll start to see more success against the top end teams moving forward since we don't have the weight of the NCAA all up in our stuff throughout the season.

Can't discount the kind of jarring impact that the NCAA has brought upon the program.

I think we'll get back to where we should be, in the top three or four, consistently.

yup starting next year we'll be top 4, acc hasnt seen a typical big long athletic cuse zone team yet, but theyre about to next year.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't think the NCAA sanctions had much effect on last year's 9-9 record, nor this year. We just haven't been talented enough.

The ACC is an offensive league, and until we start getting back to running and scoring at a greater clip, I think we'll continue to be below the top tier.

Next year, we better finally take UVA down. They lose Brogdon and Gill, and the game is at the Dome.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't think the NCAA sanctions had much effect on last year's 9-9 record, nor this year. We just haven't been talented enough.

The ACC is an offensive league, and until we start getting back to running and scoring at a greater clip, I think we'll continue to be below the top tier.

Next year, we better finally take UVA down. They lose Brogdon and Gill, and the game is at the Dome.
Last year was caused by the unexpected early departures of Ennis and Grant. Combine that with McCollough going down early. Just Ennis and McC and we probably go 12-6 in conference. Our PG play last year killed us

This year we had the JB suspension although the only conference game we probably win that we lost is Clemson. Next year we should be back in top 4

Respectfully disagree. Think the no tourney ruling really killed momentum. Not to mention the injuries and early departures mentioned above.

Respectfully disagree. Think the no tourney ruling really killed momentum. Not to mention the injuries and early departures mentioned above.

I also think the team had more insight to what was going on than we did. I think that's a lot to ask an 18 or 19 year old kid to deal with, on top of bball and school.

Just my 0.02.

I was referring only to the sanctions being a major part of last year's 9-9 record and this year's 9-8, not any injury or early departure.

We were 6-3 in conference at the time the sanctions were announced last year, but had played only UNC to that point. After the sanctions we had 5 games against top 12 ranked teams and 2 more against the thorn in our side, Pitt, and finished with a loss at a decent NC State team. We actually beat ND and Lville, while losing the rest of the games we probably were expected. I really don't see how the announcement and the sanctions did anything to derail last season. We just hadn't played anyone to that point.

This year, maybe we're lacking another body or two that we could've brought in, but I don't think the sanctions are having any major impact on this season's team. It's a flawed group that's done a good enough job of being competitive and turning their season around.

I was referring only to the sanctions being a major part of last year's 9-9 record and this year's 9-8, not any injury or early departure.

We were 6-3 in conference at the time the sanctions were announced last year, but had played only UNC to that point. After the sanctions we had 5 games against top 12 ranked teams and 2 more against the thorn in our side, Pitt, and finished with a loss at a decent NC State team. We actually beat ND and Lville, while losing the rest of the games we probably were expected. I really don't see how the announcement and the sanctions did anything to derail last season. We just hadn't played anyone to that point.

This year, maybe we're lacking another body or two that we could've brought in, but I don't think the sanctions are having any major impact on this season's team. It's a flawed group that's done a good enough job of being competitive and turning their season around.
Ok, good points. I do agree with MikeSU02 that perhaps the team knew a bit more then we did, however, I also agree the end of the season was tougher than the start. Only threw injuries in there as added seasoning. Realize your point was made on the sanctions. Tough to play with that black cloud though.

I've been accused of being a sleeper cell UVA fan, not the case but I do really admire what Tony Bennett is doing down there. That said, I agree that next year is the year we better take them down. Because indeed they lose Brogdon and Gill...and this year they lost Justin Anderson and Darion Atkins...and last year they lost their two best players ( Harris And Mitchell). He is bringing in better talent next year and it may take them a year to adjust.
If we are to move back to the top 4, it will be over the backs of ( pick 2) Louisville, ND, UNC (sanctions?), or Miami falling back in the pack. I think Duke and UVa are pretty much gonna be there perennially with their current coaches

syracuse university decided we weren't playing post season. may have saved face for a team that wasn't going anyways.

Not only do we need to get back to being a running team, But we need to rebound and play more physical. We have been punked by Pitt and Louisville for way too long, and it's time to change that. UVA has had tougher teams than we have had the last three years, flat out. That is why they own us. Duke and UNC...we have lost those games on the boards...and bad calls. We will hold our own with those guys, but we need to become a more complete team, bottom line, if we we want to be top 4 in the ACC consistently every year.

I've been accused of being a sleeper cell UVA fan, not the case but I do really admire what Tony Bennett is doing down there. That said, I agree that next year is the year we better take them down. Because indeed they lose Brogdon and Gill...and this year they lost Justin Anderson and Darion Atkins...and last year they lost their two best players ( Harris And Mitchell). He is bringing in better talent next year and it may take them a year to adjust.
If we are to move back to the top 4, it will be over the backs of ( pick 2) Louisville, ND, UNC (sanctions?), or Miami falling back in the pack. I think Duke and UVa are pretty much gonna be there perennially with their current coaches

Virginia will suck next year and the following years. They lose Brogden, Gill, and Tobey.

Good luck getting studs to come to Virginia to play that style of basketball.

Virginia will suck next year and the following years. They lose Brogden, Gill, and Tobey.

They have a good class coming in next year. #7 class according to Rivals. Very good SG and PG coming in and the big PF may redshirt but he will stretch the floor when he plays. He's a Lydon clone.

Well, he got Brogden, Gill, and Tobey to come.

He won't get anymore. What top recruit wants to play that style. Before this group 15-16 (5-11) in 2009-2010, 16-15 (7-9) in 2010-2011.

He won't get anymore. What top recruit wants to play that style. Before this group 15-16 (5-11) in 2009-2010, 16-15 (7-9) in 2010-2011.
And yet, with those mediocre records, he got Brogden, Gill, and Tobey to come. They win. The recruits will come. Virginia will not suck next year and the following years.

Much like Pitt, he doesn't need top notch talent. He needs talent that fits his system. And, he will win with upper classmen.

Total W Total L
Boston College 5 1
Clemson 1 2
Duke 2 3

Florida St 3 0
Georgia Tech 2 1
Louisville 1 1
Miami 2 2
North Carolina 1 3
NC State 2 1
Notre Dame 3 0
Pittsburgh 2 4
Virginia 0 3

Va Tech 4 0
Wake Forest 3 0
Maryland 1 0

2014-15 - 9-9,
2013-14 - 14-4).

Clemson and Pitt make no sense at all. In any way shape or form.

How is their style any more of a detriment than ours? We play at a snail's pace these days and sit in a zone.

Again- what is it like to just have zero clue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom