ACC schedule | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule

Bowl eligibility in college football at the NCAA Division I FBS level is the standard through which teams become available for selection to participate in postseason bowl games. When a team achieves this state, it is described as "bowl-eligible". Under current regulations, in order for this to occur, a team must have a winning record, which may include one win against a Division I FCS scholarship-awarding[1] opponent, or win their conference, and the team must not be on probation. The NCAA allows one victory per season over a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) team to count toward an FBS team's bowl eligibility, so long as the FCS team has supplied financial aid for football averaging out to at least 56.7 full scholarships (90% of the limit of 63 allowed to FCS schools) over "a rolling two-year period" that can include the current season.

What if it doesn't count then why the hell are we playing hope Cuse gives clarification? Moon sorry to challenge your posts haha... Don't think we'd be that stupid

Bowl eligibility in college football at the NCAA Division I FBS level is the standard through which teams become available for selection to participate in postseason bowl games. When a team achieves this state, it is described as "bowl-eligible". Under current regulations, in order for this to occur, a team must have a winning record, which may include one win against a Division I FCS scholarship-awarding[1] opponent, or win their conference, and the team must not be on probation. The NCAA allows one victory per season over a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) team to count toward an FBS team's bowl eligibility, so long as the FCS team has supplied financial aid for football averaging out to at least 56.7 full scholarships (90% of the limit of 63 allowed to FCS schools) over "a rolling two-year period" that can include the current season.

Since it is a 2 year rolling window and can include the current year, is it possible Wagner is now above the 90% this year and makes their 2 year window sufficient?

Sent using my Commodore 64

If Wagner doesn't count towards bowl eligibility Fraiser should tender his resignation and the game should not be played eat the $400k SU and just find ANY Division 1 or 1-AA team that will play us and get it over with.

Since it is a 2 year rolling window and can include the current year, is it possible Wagner is now above the 90% this year and makes their 2 year window sufficient?

Doesn't seem possible if they were at 40 scholarship players last year. Even with the full allotment of 63 scholarship players for FCS teams, that would be an average of 51.5 over a two-year period. If I am reading it correctly, it needs to be 90% for an average of two years... not just one of the two most recent years.

Bees...been googling...haven't found anything on how many schollies Wagner offers...

Doesn't seem possible if they were at 40 scholarship players last year. Even with the full allotment of 63 scholarship players for FCS teams, that would be an average of 51.5 over a two-year period. If I am reading it correctly, it needs to be 90% for an average of two years... not just one of the two most recent years.

Didn't know they were at 40 last year.

If this is the case this would be nothing more then a complete disaster . I really can't believe we would be that stupid . There is no way

Based on this article, the conference Wagner is in, caps their scholarships at 40.

http://www.silive.com/colleges/index.ssf/2012/11/wagner_colleges_win_over_colga.html

"The NEC remains at the lower end of the FCS spectrum in regards to athletic scholarships (capped at 40 per school), enrollment, game attendance and budgets. More high-profile conferences, like the Big Sky, are more likely to use the full 63 scholarships allotted by the NCAA."

Dinichs' take...

Harmon in Richmond Hill, GA writes: HD, any word on the schedule? I saw rumors that it was coming out last week and still no schedule and its Thursday. Why can't the ACC get schedules out like the SEC two years in advance.

HD: First, don't pay attention to rumors. The truth is in the blog. Second, you can't compare conferences when it comes to releasing schedules. The ACC got behind the moment it decided to move from a nine-game conference schedule back to an eight-game schedule. Every school had to scramble to fill that spot. Finally, my guess is that this year's hang-up is the same thing as last year -- Labor Day. Just a hunch. I would expect the schedule to be released by the end of next week.

according to the warchant florida state board, pitt/florida state is set for labor day night.im not a premium subscriber so i couldnt read it anyone on here have premium access over there?

i know it doesnt concern us but unc is hosting a thursday night game on 10/17 and also playing@ south carolina on 8/29 according to that link

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-74554422/

more rumors of schedule release tommorrow and details on florida state/pitt labor day maneuvers.

As a result of Wofford falling off the schedule, FSU has added another non-conference opponent to take its place at a later point. The Seminoles are staying hush, for now, on who that team will be. They do know that they should have a bye the week after the opener.
FSU, like other conference teams, is expecting the ACC to release its full season schedule Monday.

After last year's scheduling snafu with West Virginia, the Seminoles ended up learning an important lesson. When it came to making the Labor Day opener with Pitt come to fruition, Spetman and his staff requested the ACC and ESPN work specifically with Wofford to make the switch.

Pitt needed help getting Villanova off its Week 1 schedule. After a little manuevering, the Panthers were able to do that, and the Wildcats were able to add a Football Bowl Subdivision team in their place, the Pittsburgh Tribune Review reported.