ACC Selects James J. Phillips as Conference’s Next Commissioner | Syracusefan.com

ACC Selects James J. Phillips as Conference’s Next Commissioner

Interesting and refreshing that the ACC went outside the region to bring in someone from Northwestern. Maybe the idea at least partly is to try to create a more powerful entity that can compete more with the Big10's and the SEC's of the college world?

Interesting and refreshing that the ACC went outside the region to bring in someone from Northwestern. Maybe the idea at least partly is to try to create a more powerful entity that can compete more with the Big10's and the SEC's of the college world?
Hopefully no more tobacco road tournaments in Greensboro. It should be MSG.

I think the ACC knocked it out of the park with this guy. He's very impressive and what he's got accomplished at Northwestern is amazing. Looks like a great guy who gets things done. If he can do it at Northwestern he get can great things accomplished for the ACC. The Big 10 must be kicking themselves after passing up on this guy.

Hopefully no more tobacco road tournaments in Greensboro. It should be MSG.
As much as nearly everyone would like it out of Greensboro because it's in the middle of nowhere, it will be there for a long time for a variety of what most believe are bad reasons. The league HQ is there. It's been played there for a long time. Etc. Etc. Etc. SMH

Even (especially?) the league HQ would like it in MSG rather than Brooklyn. Unfortunately MSG is under contract with another league for several more years for the weekend the ACC would like to have. Until that contract is over, we have to play in Brooklyn to have it in the NYC area.

Did Coach K approve?

I think it's rude that they don't refer to him as Dr. James Phillips.

anything that lessens the vice grip of the Carolina mafia is fine by me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom