Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

That article is too well written to have been thrown together. This was planned. JB didn’t like the plan.
Yup. Todays press conference appears to be JBs way of saying “what is coming today wasn’t my idea”. The word “retirement” is not included in that release….so you know what it wasn’t.

Sad that JBs endorsement of Red could not be included or would not be included. That’s too bad.

In a few years JB will regret how this played out. He left in a spiteful manner. I hope he issues a statement supporting Red at some point soon.

If not, it will be petty. He’s pouring gasoline on his legacy and tossing in a match.

I've criticized JB plenty over the past few years, but now that the moment is here...I'm a bit choked up.

Maybe I'm thinking of how he, Juli and the kids are handling this. I hope he finds peace, happiness and lots of birdies in the next chapter of his life.

Thanks for everything, Coach.

I'm glad the fair weather fans got what they wanted. Can't wait for the Louisville-level slide into last place for many years to come. Or at least until we can pick from the HOF coaches tree that want to come to Syracuse NY.

Fair weather fans?? Awful and sad post. Sorry you wish for things to go as bad as Louisville.

It’s one of the things I’m concerned about. Seems unpolished in regards to taking to press etc.

professional PR/Media training is a thing if needed... my guess is Newhouse has plenty of people who could do this. Color me not concerned (unless he's as stubborn as our last coach, LOL).

Yup. Todays press conference appears to be JBs way of saying “what is coming today wasn’t my idea”. The word “retirement” is not included in that release….so you know what it wasn’t.

Sad that JBs endorsement of Red could not be included or would not be included. That’s too bad.

In a few years JB will regret how this played out. He left in a spiteful manner. I hope he issues a statement supporting Red at some point soon.

If not, it will be petty. He’s pouring gasoline on his legacy and tossing in a match.

Hopefully once he sees the boys and sits down on all of this, listens to all the shows praising all he did and then gives a few calls to the radio shows he will settle down and talk up Red... Hopefully

A58DFD0B-097C-4E35-A3E3-E8D80A27B15F.jpeg

I'm glad the fair weather fans got what they wanted. Can't wait for the Louisville-level slide into last place for many years to come. Or at least until we can pick from the HOF coaches tree that want to come to Syracuse NY.
You are anxiously awaiting the program to crater, and you're calling people who wanted a change "fairweather fans"?

Couldn't have said it better.

Any chance that JB intentionally made it so weird and confusing at the press conference today that he knew SU would have to make a quick move and name Red the new head coach?
He seemed to know that he wasn’t coming back and I was just thinking he knew he would force SU to say something immediately and no way they could leave it at we don’t have a coach yet.

JB cares about JB not what is best for SU. You just know next season during a losing streak he will say something like Well if I were still HC we would be doing a lot better.

I hope I’m wrong but this could be grob 2.0. They could have hired anyone.

Any chance that JB intentionally made it so weird and confusing at the press conference today that he knew SU would have to make a quick move and name Red the new head coach?
He seemed to know that he wasn’t coming back and I was just thinking he knew he would force SU to say something immediately and no way they could leave it at we don’t have a coach yet.

JB has always been about JB. So doubtful.

Obviously the time had come for this to happen, but I am thankful for the pretty quick positive acknowledgement & appreciation for Boeheim on the social media & TV platforms, his influence in the basketball world & the coaching acumen he’s shown over the many years at the helm.

I’m thankful for that, will always be appreciative of the man who’s a very part of my dna (from being born in Crouse to graduating from SU in 2005)… he’s influenced so much of my love & memories of basketball. And… I’m hopeful now to see what the future holds for the program with Red, no contradiction in experiencing both those things simultaneously.

Thanks Coach Boeheim!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom