Akok Akok in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never want to see players go down.

Side note - would you believe Guerrier is averaging more points per game than Akok Akok? Akok Akok has .6 rebounds per game more than Guerrier though.

that sucks. i really liked this kid & still don't think hurley knows how to properly use him. losing him bothered me more than isaiah or andre.

quick math in my head: he matriculated at uconn last winter 2nd semester. will likely miss a full year to recovery. 2 1/2 years in school before he can play again, plus up to 3 summer sessions. supposed to be a real smart kid (choosing uconn notwithstanding). potential grad transfer with 2 years eligibility remaining starting in the 21-22 season?

Never want to see players go down.

Side note - would you believe Guerrier is averaging more points per game than Akok Akok? Akok Akok has .6 rebounds per game more than Guerrier though.

Akok right now is very limited offensively. And he’s also averaging about 10mpg more than Q.

that sucks. i really liked this kid & still don't think hurley knows how to properly use him. losing him bothered me more than isaiah or andre.

quick math in my head: he matriculated at uconn last winter 2nd semester. will likely miss a full year to recovery. 2 1/2 years in school before he can play again, plus up to 3 summer sessions. supposed to be a real smart kid (choosing uconn notwithstanding). potential grad transfer with 2 years eligibility remaining starting in the 21-22 season?
I remember the early talk too was he wanted to be 1 and done

Torn achillles...tough scene to watch. Seems like a great kid
Sorry to see he got hurt. Hope he is able to make a full recovery.

Was pretty painful watching him on the bench after the injury just staring at the ground processing everything

Akok Akok was one of the players I really liked and wanted to come to Syracuse. Was disappointed when UConn snaked him away. He was another one of GMAC’s recruits that did not make it to Syracuse.
His age (20) as a freshman implies that he would not be around to his senior year. Now with this injury, I am not sure. He definitely will be back at UConn after his injury. Hope he rebounds to the level he can play. To me he is a small forward who is playing out of position at UConn because of need.

Supposedly they think they are getting Newton, G from ECU, Jahmir Young from Charlotte through the portal and their top recruit for 23 Stephon Castle will reclass. Two good lower league guys plus a young frosh coming in. I am sure they will be right back on top with that...

Danny didnt want to portal due to “culture”. Hes lostttt

Ventured over to Boneyard to see their takes and a couple posters said probably Syracuse bound and that he’d be perfect in the zone (which we know). Obviously they have no inside info but, damn I think he would still fit in here.

Danny didnt want to portal due to “culture”. Hes lostttt

Big-time. I feel for Clingan. He either will have no help or have two guards trying to prove themselves in a better league dominating every possession. He isn't going to get a fair shake.

Ventured over to Boneyard to see their takes and a couple posters said probably Syracuse bound and that he’d be perfect in the zone (which we know). Obviously they have no inside info but, damn I think he would still fit in here.

He would be a good fit barring Hurley didn't ruin him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom