Akok Akok in the portal | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if we even have shown renewed interest in this player. Other than speculation on the Bobeyard and the fact wee were very high on him 3 or 4 years ago is there any reason to care now.

You're prebitching... Can't you at least wait until something has gone wrong before bitching?

I think there is a chance JB picked his recruits well and they are going to surprise us in a positive way and restore our long earned faith in JB.
Nothing wrong generally with the new recruits. Solid class with potential. But when you’re trying to compete at a high level, it’s hard to lean on a class of six freshmen, most of whom are ranked outside the top 100 and a few outside the top 200. It hurt losing Anselem because now we’re almost forced to use the remaining scholarship on a backup center rather than a proficient, seasoned forward. Mintz should be fine with Torrence as a backup, but there’s too many questions at forward. Had Benny lived up to expectations and established himself as a double digjit scorer last year, we’d be in decent shape. We’re not.

Every season has its ifs. With the transfer portal joining early departures for the pros, there will be no way to avoid them. It doesn't mean that the next season will be a bad season. My problem is with the people who have already decided that it will be because it fits their narrative.
There’s no narrative. Some just generally look at things with a positive outlook while others with a more critical viewpoint. This is a young, inexperienced team looking to replace three senior starters. That’s a fact, not a narrative. If we were bringing in Coleman, Thompson and Douglass it would be a different story. We’re not.

Every season has its ifs. With the transfer portal joining early departures for the pros, there will be no way to avoid them. It doesn't mean that the next season will be a bad season. My problem is with the people who have already decided that it will be because it fits their narrative.

I could just as easily say...
"It doesn't mean that the next season will be a good season. My problem is with the people who have already lined up what the excuses will be because it fits their narrative."

Of course, every season has ifs.

That said...Last year there were MAJOR CONCERNS this time of year that we would play 2 guards 35+ mins with no valid PG and Jim wasn't going to get anyone who could push joe for minutes.

I remember hearing the opposite on that one...ALOT...Symir would play 15-20 mins a game. ball handling wouldnt be an issue at end of games, we didnt need a PG because of spacing. All of it was wrong.

So whether I agree or disagree that we need a portal F (honestly, I have no major opinion on it, much more of one on the Center situation), I think people suggesting it could be a issue should be able to voice that point of view with the idea that its not being done in bad faith.

Why does nobody post about the topic on the tread? This blog is a joke. I feel bad for the moderators.
Read like the last 5 pages and haven’t seen one thing about akok akok
Lol it's buried. Deeply buried somewhere in here. But I have the attention span of a terrible two year old (Oh look, a duck!) and even I can safely say from what's posted here, that Akok Akok isn't coming to Syracuse. There isn't mutual interest, both witnessed by the guy who met Akok recently and got scowled at and Dasher mentioning the staff is sour on the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom