Alex Hayes, OG, GA offered | Syracusefan.com

Alex Hayes, OG, GA offered

New Rivals teaser headline up. Sounds like he's officially visiting SU last. Has offers from ECU, UCF, and Tulane - they list him as a Guard. Not a world beater offer list but he was offered in July so I have to think he ranks pretty high on the staff's list.

Keep working those Georgia sources...

When I can ... its hard because I only hear things about certain parts of the state ... if it happens to be a kid we are after my ears perk up ... we are in good shape with Hayes but it is far from over.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8023449

Sorry here is the correct Hayes, OT.
AlexHayes.png

Syracusefan.com Bio

Thanks, TC.

The main thing I take away from his bio is that we offered him back in July and the staff appears to be high on Alex. Might be another OG that flew under the radar like Omari Palmer.

Exactly and I remember when his named popped up back in the summer. We offered a bunch of Georgia kids all around the same time.

The naysayers will believe he's a BLister.

Exactly and I remember when his named popped up back in the summer. We offered a bunch of Georgia kids all around the same time.

The naysayers will believe he's a BLister.
Yup. he was one of those kids that wanted to wait until his season was over to start the recruiting process.

If we land Hayes then make sure certain people see this. As I understand it if we didn’t have the commit in July then he’s a blister and we’re obviously scrambling now with jucos.

We are still in it with Hayes ... however my suspicion is he was hoping his play this season would lure some big fish ... not sure that has happened ... yet.

We are still in it with Hayes ... however my suspicion is he was hoping his play this season would lure some big fish ... not sure that has happened ... yet.

You understand I'm being sarcastic about the b-list thing right?

A few things that I find interesting with regard to our recruiting espcecially the O line recruits.. It always seems that marrone and O'Leary recruit many of the same kids and from the way George likes to run the ball, the type of kids he likes in his program, smart, tough, mean streak if that is what you want to call it etc I am not surprised. O'Leary is going to run the football always has always will, he also recruits pretty good running backs. It always seems that any OL recruit we offer from Georgia or Florida always has a UCF offer as well. Marrone and O'Leary not only go after similar players, are very similar in many ways as well. A good thing, IMO. I would assume their contacts are similar as well.

People who are constantly looking for more star power with regard to Syracuse recruiting are most likely never going to be happy. The only area I see where this could change eventually is NYC/ LI area. We are ALWAYS going to be a developmental program, sure we may eventually grab a few more 4 stars but I think with regard to OL, Marrone knows what he is looking for and from the looks of the OL this year things are moving in the right direction... We have a couple kids right now, like Nick Robinson who are coming on like gangbusters that could be solid two year starters eventually. Sure we need more bodies but the OL will be fine

Absolutely ... the problem is people don't really understand what types of kids we go after ... can never hurt to reiterate :)

A few things that I find interesting with regard to our recruiting espcecially the O line recruits.. It always seems that marrone and O'Leary recruit many of the same kids and from the way George likes to run the ball, the type of kids he likes in his program, smart, tough, mean streak if that is what you want to call it etc I am not surprised. O'Leary is going to run the football always has always will, he also recruits pretty good running backs. It always seems that any OL recruit we offer from Georgia or Florida always has a UCF offer as well. Marrone and O'Leary not only go after similar players, are very similar in many ways as well. A good thing, IMO. I would assume their contacts are similar as well.

People who are constantly looking for more star power with regard to Syracuse recruiting are most likely never going to be happy. The only area I see where this could change eventually is NYC/ LI area. We are ALWAYS going to be a developmental program, sure we may eventually grab a few more 4 stars but I think with regard to OL, Marrone knows what he is looking for and from the looks of the OL this year things are moving in the right direction... We have a couple kids right now, like Nick Robinson who are coming on like gangbusters that could be solid two year starters eventually. Sure we need more bodies but the OL will be fine

Pretty sure Pugh was only a 2 star ... plus Hayes as I stated earlier is a wrestler at Tucker ... Marrone loves him some wrestlers :)

I thought the exact same thing and honestly when I looked this kid over again yesterday the UCF offer stood out to me. My first thought was George O'Leary. I've also picked up on the fact that we seem to recruit many of the same lineman - or other players for that matter.

He also has to recruit/build the same way we do so i'd guess to that he's looking for similar type players in that regard as well.

I thought the exact same thing and honestly when I looked this kid over again yesterday the UCF offer stood out to me. My first thought was George O'Leary. I've also picked up on the fact that we seem to recruit many of the same lineman - or other players for that matter.

He also has to recruit/build the same way we do so i'd guess to that he's looking for similar type players in that regard as well.

Yep and George seems to try and build a pretty balanced offense as well, he is usally top 40-50 in bothe categories in team passing and rushing... similar styles. O"leray would probably run the ball every down if he could. Syracuse balance was so key this year, it helps everyone when you have balance

We're also doing what BC used to do when they were putting 2-3 guys in the NFL every other year. How many of their recruits were highly ranked on the O-Line?

We're also doing what BC used to do when they were putting 2-3 guys in the NFL every other year. How many of their recruits were highly ranked on the O-Line?
It has been many years since our O-line will be considered a preseason strength this next 2013 season. ood job Doug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom