All Inclusive December 2022 recruiting discussion | Syracusefan.com

All Inclusive December 2022 recruiting discussion

It’s almost scary quiet. Maybe it’s good news and Dino and company are trying to keep things quiet.

I wouldn’t read much into it.

Why not? It's not normal to not have a bunch of official visits lined up by now. Unless we're in super stealth mode but it's concerning. There's a lack of interest and quality.

I suspect at this stage the 2nd signing day, after the dust settles, will be bigger for us so we can pick the leftovers.

Counting the kids who are leaving we have space for 19 recruits and probably more because there will still be a few more portal entries.

Why not? It's not normal to not have a bunch of official visits lined up by now. Unless we're in super stealth mode but it's concerning. There's a lack of interest and quality.

I suspect at this stage the 2nd signing day, after the dust settles, will be bigger for us so we can pick the leftovers.

Counting the kids who are leaving we have space for 19 recruits and probably more because there will still be a few more portal entries.

Because the class is mostly filled.

They'll be chasing portal transfers primarily from this point forward.

It's one thing for mr paranoid to keep things quiet, it's another for kids to keep things quiet. Not likely.
Are you searching these things out or just waiting for them to be posted here?

Because the class is mostly filled.

They'll be chasing portal transfers primarily from this point forward.

It's not though. We have 10 commitments. If we can bring in 19 (after Jones, Tucker, Berg, Williams declare and Vet up in the air), that means 53% of our class is filled +/- Vet. We have room right now for 4 kids but will likely have room for upwards of 9 AND probably more as I still think we'll see some additional portal attrition.

The offers out right now suggest we're talking a lot more kids. My concern is that there isn't much in the way of reciprocal interest.

Are you searching these things out or just waiting for them to be posted here?

I search out all the news articles and media on kids we're offering. Not one has mentioned Syracuse.

Dino seems to pull some stuff out of his hat but there is concern here for sure.

Last edited:
It's not though. We have 10 commitments. If we can bring in 19 (after Jones, Tucker, Berg, Williams declare and Vet up in the air), that means 53% of our class is filled +/- Vet. We have room right now for 4 kids but will likely have room for upwards of 9 AND probably more as I still think we'll see some additional portal attrition.

The offers out right now suggest we're talking a lot more kids. My concern is that there isn't much in the way of reciprocal interest.

It is, in terms of high school prospects. Maybe there will be a flip or two.

The rest will be portal-focused. That's where the coaching staff is focusing their time. Time will tell whether we have quality options lined up or not.

I read elsewhere that Jeudy may have scheduled a visit for this weekend. That would be great if so. Not sure how reliable that info is though.

I read elsewhere that Jeudy may have scheduled a visit for this weekend. That would be great if so. Not sure how reliable that info is though.

He scheduled a visit to Nebraska this weekend.

I search out all the news articles and media on kids we're offering. Not one has mentioned Syracuse.

Dino seems to pull some stuff out of his hat but there is concern here for sure.
Grad transfers, who have been through the process before, are going to be less likely to post about visits.

Saw on Instagram there was a '23 WR on campus last weekend... Ardell Banks. He committed to UK yesterday. Really struggling to land guys IMO. Between DTs last year and some big time kids they've gone after in '23. Recruiting is still very much an uphill battle for this program.

Saw on Instagram there was a '23 WR on campus last weekend... Ardell Banks. He committed to UK yesterday. Really struggling to land guys IMO. Between DTs last year and some big time kids they've gone after in '23. Recruiting is still very much an uphill battle for this program.

The FBS portal just opened yesterday. Some of y'all need to sit back and relax.

Whether it's FCS, FBS or Grad Transfer the majority of kids entering the portal are probably going to take all their ovs. For the undergrads, if they pick the wrong school, they will have to sit out a year if they transfer again. For most Grad Transfers it's the last time around.

The FBS portal just opened yesterday. Some of y'all need to sit back and relax.

Whether it's FCS, FBS or Grad Transfer the majority of kids entering the portal are probably going to take all their ovs. For the undergrads, if they pick the wrong school, they will have to sit out a year if they transfer again. For most Grad Transfers it's the last time around.
Banks is a '23 has nothing to do with recruiting the portal. They also brought in multiple big time visitors this season for OV's during home games. No dice on any commits. We can keep saying "sit back in relax", that's fine. I'm just waiting for the results to follow. Unfortunately over the last two seasons on the recruiting front, they haven't followed. Is what it is. Some choose to ignore it, I choose to discuss it.

Banks is a '23 has nothing to do with recruiting the portal. They also brought in multiple big time visitors this season for OV's during home games. No dice on any commits. We can keep saying "sit back in relax", that's fine. I'm just waiting for the results to follow. Unfortunately over the last two seasons on the recruiting front, they haven't followed. Is what it is. Some choose to ignore it, I choose to discuss it.
Which big time 2023 recruits, that were brought in for OVs, are you referring to.

Last edited:
Which big time 2023 recruits, that were brought in for OVs, are you referring to.
Saboor Karriem, Khalil Ali, Will Norman, Ny Bertrand. Maybe not all OVs but all visited campus. Seems like some misses there in territory we should be plucking kids from

Saboor Karriem, Khalil Ali, Will Norman, Ny Bertrand. Maybe not all OVs but all visited campus. Seems like some misses there in territory we should be plucking kids from

There will always be misses. Plus the 2023 class didn't have many open spots left, until this week, when some players decided to enter the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom