Class of 2016 - PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn

I really like Gilberts game and would not be upset if he is the guard we get for 2016. I have really liked our recent PG's but i wouldnt mind having more of a Jonny Flynn type again, who can score in a variety of ways while still having good court sense.

a lot to like in his game; it will be very interesting to see how 2016 class plays out!

Alterique-Gilbert-576.jpg

Wow I'm surprised. We got in kind of late didn't we?
Louisville and Texas offered him after SU did, and both made the cut as well. UConn is the main school on his final list that has been recruiting him for the longest.

Louisville and Texas offered him after SU did, and both made the cut as well. UConn is the main school on his final list that has been recruiting him for the longest.

He seems like a great fit for what Smart and Pitino do IMO. I could see him winding up at Lville and being a thorn in our side.
Does it mean much when you are one of the 15 guys that UConn offers at guard?

Yeah I'm thinking L'ville. Perfect fit. Though he does like Jonny Flynn so who knows.

He seems like a great fit for what Smart and Pitino do IMO. I could see him winding up at Lville and being a thorn in our side.
Does it mean much when you are one of the 15 guys that UConn offers at guard?
It's funny you say that because when Texas and Louisville offered him, I had the same thoughts as well about him being the perfect fit for those programs than SU. Lol UConn must make every recruit feel cheap with their 250 offers out there. Keeping it real though, he is similar to a Napier/Boatright type of player and would fit in that role perfectly for them.

It's funny you say that because when Texas and Louisville offered him, I had the same thoughts as well about him being the perfect fit for those programs than SU. Lol UConn must make every recruit feel cheap with their 250 offers out there. Keeping it real though, he is similar to a Napier/Boatright type of player and would fit in that role perfectly for them.

Sounds like this isn't just one of their shotgun offers. I think they really want him. But that conference schedule...

Sounds like this isn't just one of their shotgun offers. I think they really want him. But that conference schedule...

That has to be the biggest hump recruiting wise for them to get over. Even if the AAC has an up year in conference there are just no sexy names on that schedule and I'm sure they aren't on TV nearly as much as the P5 where some of these kids are from.

I want this to be publicly known that this is the recruit I want most out of any player in this class... So quick and will be able to drive and dish with ease at the college level. Something the CUSE needs desperately. HUGE fan of this kids game.

I want this to be publicly known that this is the recruit I want most out of any player in this class... So quick and will be able to drive and dish with ease at the college level. Something the CUSE needs desperately. HUGE fan of this kids game.
With you on that one.

Love both battle and Gilbert. Battle is more of an immediate impact, Gilbert is a 3-4 year guy.