And Your Next ACC Team Is | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And Your Next ACC Team Is

Why do i have this sneaky suspicion that when the dust settles, we'll be playing the same teams as we've been playing for the past 20 years or so (give or take a few of them). This whole thing is just going to put us in the same boat as before with a few more bucks due to the increased price of live sports tv in the eyes of television networks.

^ This.

The ACC will lose some teams and we will end up playing in basically the BE again.

Why do i have this sneaky suspicion that when the dust settles, we'll be playing the same teams as we've been playing for the past 20 years or so (give or take a few of them). This whole thing is just going to put us in the same boat as before with a few more bucks due to the increased price of live sports tv in the eyes of television networks.

Well, some have complained about losing rivalries so I suppose you better be careful for what you wish for, eh?

This will sound dumber...but just had a chat with a NC guy I know. Before ND went to the ACC for hoops, he was telling me it was in the works. He was spot on. Now he's saying NC, ND, and Texas have some sort of agreement and Texas and ND will be joining the ACC full-time.

This will sound dumber...but just had a chat with a NC guy I know. Before ND went to the ACC for hoops, he was telling me it was in the works. He was spot on. Now he's saying NC, ND, and Texas have some sort of agreement and Texas and ND will be joining the ACC full-time.

Dumb, no...it's sounds downright brilliant!

That would be perfect.

From your lips to gods ears. We can only pray.

Send this info to the Dude

Rumor was last summer that UT inquired about the ACC and was told yes on condition of ditching the LHN. If true that is looking like a very bad choice.

Now that would be best case scenario. Imagine that ACC conference, how cool would that be?!?!

Getting this Texas rumor going reminds me of the scene in Godfather 1 when Micheal tells Tom about having guys in the press on the payroll...SU has to do the same and make this happen!

For what it's worth, Tony Basilio, a 20-year radio man in Knoxville, is standing behind his report that Cincinnati players were informed this morning of a move to the ACC. He has over 6,000 followers on Twitter, if those numbers mean anything to you.

I had about 4,000 Pron stars follow me the day I created an account. Many of them were female.

So, no, that number means nothing to me.

It doesn't make any sense to me why Texas would have just signed the Grant of Rights agreement two months ago if they were plotting to join the ACC with Notre Dame.

Notre Dame Football - will never join a conference - Especially if they win the title this year. Any rumor inclusive of that is junk, imo.

Here's Twitter for you:

Some Boneyard guy posts this morning that the Big 12 is looking at UNC, Duke, UCONN and San Diego State. This gets kicked around on the WVU Scout board. This afternoon the well-known WVU Twitterer MHver3 posts that the Big 12 is in talks with San Diego State. I will believe NOTHING until I'm proved wrong, same as I did in the case of Maryland to the B1G, and Pitt to the B1G, and WVU to the SEC, and...

Notre Dame Football - will never join a conference - Especially if they win the title this year. Any rumor inclusive of that is junk, imo.

Exactly. Notre Dame in a conference is fools gold.

Exactly. Notre Dame in a conference is fools gold.
What if its to save a conference they would eventually join in 10 years? Give them what they want for 10 years.

Big12 teams are off limits for next 10 years due to GOR. ND is not joining anyone, due to 200% rating increase this year, they're expected to sign a record breaking deal with NBC in next year or so ahead of their deal end in 2015. That will get them locked up for another decade.

Here's Twitter for you:

Some Boneyard guy posts this morning that the Big 12 is looking at UNC, Duke, UCONN and San Diego State. This gets kicked around on the WVU Scout board. This afternoon the well-known WVU Twitterer MHver3 posts that the Big 12 is in talks with San Diego State. I will believe NOTHING until I'm proved wrong, same as I did in the case of Maryland to the B1G, and Pitt to the B1G, and WVU to the SEC, and...
I say if someone win the B12 is going to make up a B12 rumor... he should at least make it a good one. San Diego State? That will really strike fear in the hearts of the other conferences!

Yeah, that we end up in the "worst" of the "big" conferences is a lock.

Cincy would ruin the ACC for me. Completely ruin the move. One of the reasons I wanted to go to the ACC was tradition and road trips. I had and never will want to see a game in Cincy. I do not and never will care about Cincy FB. They are not a peer school. If they end up in the ACC it will be the beginning of the end for the conference. At this point I hope SU's contingency plan is for an all private/semiprivate school conference. Give me SU, BC, Pitt, Nova, Duke, Wake, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Tulsa. I rather have that than be in a merged leftover ACC/BE. Better road trips and better BBall. A G5 is a G5 so why not make the trips fun.

Sounds like he's OUR Dude.

Re: Texas and ND, I don't think Maryland would leave if there was anything in the works. And I'm pretty sure they would know if something was in the works. At the very least, they'd be let in on the secret at the last minute as a way to get them to stay.

Unless the ACC wanted them out (to make room for Navy?), but that's extremely unlikely.

I expect Notre Dame will screw around as an independent long enough that they've only got one option left...and eventually they join the Big 10. If they want to be an an East Coast, academics heavy league, they better do it ASAP or realize that ship will sail and they won't have any other options. But I doubt they will realize that - or care, frankly.

Cincy would ruin the ACC for me. Completely ruin the move. One of the reasons I wanted to go to the ACC was tradition and road trips. I had and never will want to see a game in Cincy. I do not and never will care about Cincy FB. They are not a peer school. If they end up in the ACC it will be the beginning of the end for the conference. At this point I hope SU's contingency plan is for an all private/semiprivate school conference. Give me SU, BC, Pitt, Nova, Duke, Wake, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Tulsa. I rather have that than be in a merged leftover ACC/BE. Better road trips and better BBall. A G5 is a G5 so why not make the trips fun.

But do you know how many people have cable in Cincinnatitucky? The retractable roof stadium at the State Fairgrounds will practically build itself. An automated shovel will descend when the press conference is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom