Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember arguing with people who said we would never be as good without Flynn, Devo Harris, and they were right, we were better.

please don't give me the revisionist history that you thought we would be better in 2010 than in 2009.

please don't give me the revisionist history that you thought we would be better in 2010 than in 2009.

I never thought we would be one seed good, but people were saying we were an nit team. I thought we could be a tournament team, maybe sweet 16.

Consider this purge #2.

Personally, I prefer threads with a fair amount of levity, but NOT HERE.

There is a humor forum that has posts that don't belong on any other board. Same for the politics on the off topic board.

There is a place for almost everything here, and that's worked well until the high jacking of the recruiting board, specifically, the AW threads.

The recruiting forum is for recruiting information, and the discussion of recruiting information.

I don't believe that's too much to ask.

Last edited:
It's now Wednesday. Classes start in 5 days. When do we start panicking?
Saturday, JB said players will report friday. If Friday passes and he's still not here something is up. Of course, VCU starts class tomorrow so if he's not anywhere by Saturday I'm VERY confused.

Saturday, JB said players will report friday. If Friday passes and he's still not here something is up. Of course, VCU starts class tomorrow so if he's not anywhere by Saturday I'm VERY confused.

The only other explanation would be that he is going overseas...

I just can't help but think that the White camp knows what they're doing... waiting for the most opportune to time to announce. Remember why he left Nebraska in the first place. This move is all about increasing his exposure, which includes being on a team that can make a deep run and creating a buzz when there is the opportunity. It just doesn't make sense to me that they would allow this opportunity (to create a buzz) to pass.

I just can't help but think that the White camp knows what they're doing... waiting for the most opportune to time to announce. Remember why he left Nebraska in the first place. This move is all about increasing his exposure, which includes being on a team that can make a deep run and creating a buzz when there is the opportunity. It just doesn't make sense to me that they would allow this opportunity (to create a buzz) to pass.

I agree here, though it has seemed odd throughout this entire thing that nothing has really come from AW, even just a tweet. Twitter seems like the easiest way for him to generate some buzz, even if it's just a tweet that he is considering schools X, Y, and Z, or just to say that he is still in the process of deciding which school without actually revealing which schools he's considering. Just something. Anything. Because outside of the SU and VCU fanbases, there probably aren't a whole lot of people paying much attention to him and where he ends up anymore.

As I understand it, he'd be a grad student, correct? Any chance he has had to finish a course or two this summer in order to graduate?

As I understand it, he'd be a grad student, correct? Any chance he has had to finish a course or two this summer in order to graduate?
If that had been the case summer classes are all done anyway. He either would have passed by now and be ready to go or failed and be unavailable as a GT.

Nebraska Summer classes ended August 13.

He is a pretty big name, I think just about anytime he would announce he would create a buzz.

image.jpeg
From his Twitter account. It looks like he graduated from Nebraska and would be ready for graduate classes.

I have a hard time thinking there is any value whatsoever in a few microseconds of buzz caused by an announcement in August. His goal is to get drafted next June. His buzz will be created in exemplary performances in the late season/post season. Doesn't mean that's not a driver for him and his family, but it seems like a foolish thing, especially if his delay costs him some ability to integrate well with whoever his future team mates and coaches are.

I have a hard time thinking there is any value whatsoever in a few microseconds of buzz caused by an announcement in August. His goal is to get drafted next June. His buzz will be created in exemplary performances in the late season/post season. Doesn't mean that's not a driver for him and his family, but it seems like a foolish thing, especially if his delay costs him some ability to integrate well with whoever his future team mates and coaches are.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you but his pop really seems like he's taking this PR thing VERY seriously and trying to muster everything that he can out of it.

I agree in that I don't think it helps him create buzz or what have you. But I don't think it hurts either. If he had committed on his cuse visit and announced on twitter how excited he was to meet JB and his teammates when he showed up on campus August 26th we'we'd have all been fine with it.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you but his pop really seems like he's taking this PR thing VERY seriously and trying to muster everything that he can out of it.

Not sure that I agree with your conclusion, given that they've been virtually radio silent the entire summer, and have played their cards close to the vest.

That certainly doesn't scream PR seekers to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom