Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO not another "The" Ukraine!! Ugh, this kills me. People say this all the time including many ignorant yet prominent journalists and news anchors. We don't say "The" France do we?! I'm not calling you out just venting my frustration as a Ukrainian. I don't know who started this nonsense. Maybe Kramer did in Seinfeld.

Seems to be a lot of Ukrainian blood in this forum.

Paternal grandmother was Ukrainian. Surname Waskevich. The "W" pronounced as a "V."

I predict thine congregation, known as thine "board" shalt mostly likely take the collective urination competition to the Quade Green thread next. Why dost thou engage in verbal pugilism ? All is Well.

Last edited:
This just in! Breaking news, . . . . . From 2 months ago . White to SU!

Now either get off this site and go to bed or get off this site and feed your head. It's Saturday don't miss out as White will be here on Monday.
Rumor has it that social media is dead in CNY. Or the Whites are stealth and only move in the shadows. Or they are invisible. That might be the only explanation.

I think it's pretty obvious what's happening. After the Kansas/Nebraska fiasco, AW3 handled this time a little differently. Because of the age we live in with twitter, we are used to 99.9% of player decisions happening either on their twitter (like O'Connell or Gillon for recent examples) or communicated by a player/parent to a beat writer who tweets it instantly (like TT). When in reality, as long as the player tells the school he's going there, that's all has to be done, the "formal announcement" will be when the roster is released. And that's what's happening here, if JB decided to release the official roster on Friday, AW3 would have been on it. AW3 clearly made up in his mind that he would not tweet about his decision like last time and his family decided to keep quiet too. So AW3 is in Syracuse right now, getting acclimated, and not worrying about it being announced. The players and the coaches know, so whenever the roster is released, that's when we'll know.

I personally think it's the opposite of prima donna. I don't think he wanted to make a big deal about it hence why no one leaked anything. I don't think he wanted attention, I think what's happening here and on the VCU board came to life on it's own. I bet anything that AW3 from day 1 knew he would handle it this way, especially considering he was in Virginia for the summer. In most of these situations right after the player tells the coach their coming, they text a beat reporter or tweet it themselves. AW3 didn't handle it that way, and that's why we're freaking out.

Rumor has it that social media is dead in CNY. Or the Whites are stealth and only move in the shadows. Or they are invisible. That might be the only explanation.
image.jpeg

I think it's pretty obvious what's happening. After the Kansas/Nebraska fiasco, AW3 handled this time a little differently. Because of the age we live in with twitter, we are used to 99.9% of player decisions happening either on their twitter (like O'Connell or Gillon for recent examples) or communicated by a player/parent to a beat writer who tweets it instantly (like TT). When in reality, as long as the player tells the school he's going there, that's all has to be done, the "formal announcement" will be when the roster is released. And that's what's happening here, if JB decided to release the official roster on Friday, AW3 would have been on it. AW3 clearly made up in his mind that he would not tweet about his decision like last time and his family decided to keep quiet too. So AW3 is in Syracuse right now, getting acclimated, and not worrying about it being announced. The players and the coaches know, so whenever the roster is released, that's when we'll know.

I personally think it's the opposite of prima donna. I don't think he wanted to make a big deal about it hence why no one leaked anything. I don't think he wanted attention, I think what's happening here and on the VCU board came to life on it's own. I bet anything that AW3 from day 1 knew he would handle it this way, especially considering he was in Virginia for the summer. In most of these situations right after the player tells the coach their coming, they text a beat reporter or tweet it themselves. AW3 didn't handle it that way, and that's why we're freaking out.
I hope you're right, but the opinion of a few connected people has been that the coaches were not certain of his decision until very recently. I realize that runs counter to what has been argued by someone else on here. I think AW was very calculated in his final selection and made sure to ponder it right up until the end. At the end of the day, if he is orange, that is all that matters.

Definitely waiting for the absolute last second since he's not in the student directory. Must have wanted to enjoy his summer in Virginia and not get harassed over his final decision. Definitely different than most.

I'm sure that AW3 has his own personal motivations as to why he has decided to handle this entire school selection process in the manner that he has and there can be no argument that he isn't entitled to do so. As fans we are anxious to know the details about every conceivable aspect of the team and each prospective player. So, while this has been frustrating to some it doesn't rise to the level of constituting a "problem".

What would be a problem would be if upon the start of the season AW3's contributions on the hardwood mimicked the experience we've had with his arrival to the program. i.e. , we are pretty sure he is on the team but we don't see him show up until the absolute last second.

I don't think that will be the case I'm merely pointing out the difference between an inconvenience and a problem. I do have to tip my hat to Andrew for keeping the "Board" jumping like a juke joint on a Friday night over the course of what would typically be the summer board doldrums. Well done Andrew,well done.

With as many threads that we've had with TT and AW3 I think that collectively they should be referred to as "The Tailors"

I personally think it's the opposite of prima donna. I don't think he wanted to make a big deal about it hence why no one leaked anything. I don't think he wanted attention, I think what's happening here and on the VCU board came to life on it's own. [/QUOTE]

I think he greatly mis-underestimates our interest and need for reassurance.

I think he greatly mis-underestimates our interest and need for reassurance.
So selfish and insensitive of him. He just doesn't care about people or their feelings. What kind of a teammate will he be? We don't want him. Go back to Nebraska you ingrate. Oh, wait ... you're announcing today ... maybe?

From what everyone is saying seems like it's Cuse and he should be on campus for the start or classes. Someone needs to send a memo to the students to get their cameras ready and start taking pictures. Being the student that posts the picture of him on campus will make that student a legend with this fan base. But now that this seems like a done deal time for the fans to fill up the dome for the football team.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but there's something refreshing about a high profile recruit not making a big show about his college choice. White obviously has way more cache that most of the high school recruits who put on a drama with short lists, tantalizing tweets, and press conferences with multiple hats, etc. I like the fact that White apparently made his decision and is just showing up for the first day of classes like all of the other grad students. Maybe there's more to this story, but in my eyes, how he handled it shows a lot of maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom