Andy Katz Video. Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz Video. Thoughts

A friend of mine at espn in 2016 had seen a spreadsheet showing we were in the morning of selection Sunday. I msg'd bees all excited. Then later the whole thing leaked. Just not a good year for security, that one...

I did as well but 3 other moderators have basically given his post cover.

I think the post is obviously wrong.
We could be out and I don’t believe his post.
If he wants to claim his information as legit go all-in or it’s just a joke.
The whole "second team out" thing doesn't make sense to me. If they told us we aren't in, fine, but would they get that specific?

A friend of mine at espn in 2016 had seen a spreadsheet showing we were in the morning of selection Sunday. I msg'd bees all excited. Then later the whole thing leaked. Just not a good year for security, that one...
Why the hell wouldn’t Lunardi use this spreadsheet and make himself look good?
He has us out in 2016 and every year has a special where he releases his final bracket. He always way off.

There is no chance ESPN has the bracket and their bracketlogist would be way off.

I think the NCAA goes to great lengths to ensure secrecy of the teams selected. But it is not out of the realm of possibility that a leak could occur on a given team...these are humans and mistakes/egos/whatever could allow a leak to occur.

I think it's us or Notre Dame for the last spot from the ACC. Note Dames strong wins in non conf when healthy worries me a lot. If Nevada hadn't lost I think both of us could have made it in. At this point I really think we are out. Not because we don't have a strong resume but because the bubble is much more competitive this year with more teams vying for final spots.
ND's loses to Ball State and Indiana with Colson sure are impressive.

Before seeing that link I was totally in NIT mode and done with anxiety... Uggh
I assume we're not in. That way, if we do get it, it's a very pleasant surprise.

I still don't get how Syracuse can be punished by not scheduling cupcakes and having the 16th toughest ocss, and going 11-2 with one of those loses to a likely 1 seed in the tournament.

Before seeing that link I was totally in NIT mode and done with anxiety... Uggh

Not getting my hopes up.

Plus Lunardi, as usual, says we're out based on his ironclad, field-scrubbing analysis. Basically says throw out the metrics and record, syracuse out based on gut feeling... great analysis.

Your toupe isn't very good either Joey...

I think the NCAA goes to great lengths to ensure secrecy of the teams selected. But it is not out of the realm of possibility that a leak could occur on a given team...these are humans and mistakes/egos/whatever could allow a leak to occur.
I've been following this process for 20 plus years and have never seen it happen.

Lunardi is right that this is our weakest team probably since 2002 but our resume still screams tournament team.
The eye test wouldn’t help us but that isn’t how the teams are picked

The AD has to plan for a NIT game because the in/out decision is soooo close. hey have to be prepared. Doesn't mean they have been told anything. I never thought there was more than a 5% chance we get in but I take comfort in that both Katz and Palm have us in this morning. Now if only URI does their job.

I still don't get how Syracuse can be punished by not scheduling cupcakes and having the 16th toughest ocss, and going 11-2 with one of those loses to a likely 1 seed in the tournament.
The SOS and NCSS both stand out very positive for SU. Committee has to take into consideration that 6 of 13 losses are to #1 and #2 seeds Kansas, UVa, Duke, UNC. That is an amazing stat.

It's true but that's not a tourney metric...

We're better than most of these crap teams on the bubble and that's all that matters.

Our resume is stronger than last year but we're not as good. I'd agree with that.

The SOS and NCSS both stand out very positive for SU. Committee has to take into consideration that 6 of 13 losses are to #1 and #2 seeds Kansas, UVa, Duke, UNC. That is an amazing stat.
We didn't beat elite teams but we did very good vs. those "above average" teams - Miami, Louisville, Clemson, Buffalo.

We don't have the Kansas, Xavier, etc wins that some other tmeas have - but that's all Oklahoma State and ASU can hang their hats on. Our resume is much stronger overall.

It's true but that's not a tourney metric...

We're better than most of these crap teams on the bubble and that's all that matters.

Our resume is stronger than last year but we're not as good. I'd agree with that.
Interesting post, and I agree with you. I agree that last year's team was probably better, but this year is more consistent and much defensively. But last year I thought when we played an important, I knew we'd play very well - that team needed that moviation. This year's team plays pretty much the same regardless of the opponent, which is what you want.

But could we beat Oklahoma or Marquette or Oklahoma State? I'm not sure

Interesting post, and I agree with you. I agree that last year's team was probably better, but this year is more consistent and much defensively. But last year I thought when we played an important, I knew we'd play very well - that team needed that moviation. This year's team plays pretty much the same regardless of the opponent, which is what you want.

But could we beat Oklahoma or Marquette or Oklahoma State? I'm not sure
I'd absolutely love to see us play Oklahoma in a play-in game.

I want to shut people up about Trae Young. Plus they can't defend so we'd actually be able to score on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom