Another spot open | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another spot open

He was great but I still go with Pat O'Neil - the best I ever saw on The Hill.
Ruoff might have been the best--and was certainly the most valuable--player on early Maloney teams. He could boom it when necessary, but also could nail the coffin corner. And he was great at kicking away from the punt returner.

O'Neil was very good, and if he hadn't continued his medical education, might have had a pro career. Ruoff did have a long CFL career, handling both punting and place kicking.

OrangeXtreme sorry if you've just done this elsewhere, can you do a scholarship breakdown again? How many more do we have to free up to get to 85 with the incoming class?

OrangeXtreme sorry if you've just done this elsewhere, can you do a scholarship breakdown again? How many more do we have to free up to get to 85 with the incoming class?

With Fisher gone, that's 87 players on scholarship. Lamar Dawson is most likely delaying enrollment until Spring 2015, so that's 86.

So one more scholly needs to open up.

With Fisher gone, that's 87 players on scholarship. Lamar Dawson is most likely delaying enrollment until Spring 2015, so that's 86.

So one more scholly needs to open up.

This was OrangeXtreme's post from LOI day...

Nope. Here are the 64 players returning as of today...

Broyld, Morgan, Funderburk, Eskridge, Kimble
Reddish, Wilson, Arciniega, Desir, Vigille
Hunt, Kirkland, Norton, Winfield, Thompson
Scissum, Hale, Kelly, Estime, Whigham
Flemming, PTG, George, Kobena, Morris
DMF, Hodge, AAM, Davis, Krautman
Lynch, Fisher, Rodgers, Perry, Simmons
Crume, Trudo, Coleman, Miller, Palmer
Hickey, McGloster, Lasker, Robinson, Hayes
Foy, Burton, Knapp, Emerich, Provo
Cornelius, Avant, Lewis, Batten, Moore
West, Parris, Johnson, Dixon, Robinson
Welsh, Raymond, Trejo, Sloan
OrangeXtreme, Feb 5, 2014 Report

We then went up to 89 with the commits. So we should be at 87 with Fischer leaving and Dawson not making it until January.

LeMoyneCuse said:
With Fisher gone, that's 87 players on scholarship. Lamar Dawson is most likely delaying enrollment until Spring 2015, so that's 86. So one more scholly needs to open up.
Has everyone in this year's class qualified?

63 returnees, plus 3 January enrollees, plus 22 commits = 88

Assuming that Dawson delays his enrollment until January 2015, we need 2 more changes to reach 85.

When Spring ball starts, we'll have a better idea who's returning.

We then went up to 89 with the commits. So we should be at 87 with Fischer leaving and Dawson not making it until January.

I never put Ward in my "commit" section on signing day. Thought I was going crazy there for a minute...

I wonder how committed to FB Fisher really was. He's always had a "middle aged" man's beer belly going on. I've seen out of shape place kickers but he is the first punter I recall.

63 returnees, plus 3 January enrollees, plus 22 commits = 88

Assuming that Dawson delays his enrollment until January 2015, we need 2 more changes to reach 85.

When Spring ball starts, we'll have a better idea who's returning.

The fish and loaves always work out.

By the time camp opens in August it's more likely to be at 82 or 83 than 85.

I wonder how committed to FB Fisher really was. He's always had a "middle aged" man's beer belly going on. I've seen out of shape place kickers but he is the first punter I recall.

This reminds me of a certain Mr. Shadle...

GoSU96 said:
The fish and loaves always work out. By the time camp opens in August it's more likely to be at 82 or 83 than 85.

We count on you and X to keep us up to date on this stuff.

We count on you and X to keep us up to date on this stuff.

I'm retired.

Actually now that I think about it, they will get to 85 when they hand some deserving walk on(s) a scholie.

Fisher moving on is not a surprise.

Here's at least a partial list of walkons:

Sophmores (2014-2015):
Troy Green (QB)
Eric Anthony (WR or DB?)
Joe Stanard (DB)
Alex Schoen (DB)

Juniors (2014-2015):
Seamus Shanley (C)
Keith Mitsuuchi (LS)
Hernz Laguerre (LB)
Jacob Green (TE)
Eric Jackson (DB)

Seniors (2014-2015):
Greg Tobias (RB)
Zachary McCarrell (LB)
Franklin Santos (WR)
Lucas Albrecht (DT)
Kennedy Kodua (DE)

I'm assuming that, if a scholarship is awarded, it'll go to a senior.
Hopefully one of these guys earns a scholarship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom