Another tidbit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another tidbit

Without a doubt dion was the biggest highlight of last years team in my mind. He just seemed to play with a different level of spark athleticism and overcoming his weaknesses.

I just hope he makes the transition to the nba three point line. If he does that, he has it all.

Hope to see him on the syracuse sideline in the future.

This news warms my heart. Seriously. I think Dion's cousin may have played a part in his transformation. Both of them ended up showing their love for the Cuse and the fond memories of their careers will stick out in my memory more than anything else. Congrats Dion, you make a good role model for the kids coming up.

Good for Dion. This will be part of his legacy: he made his biggest assist in helping the team stay eligible for the NCAA tournament.

I wonder if Dion sort of disproves JB's claim that guys who leave to go pro early cannot finish their semester because of the NBA camps?

really great news, thanks CTO.

I gotta say, Dion keeps (pleasantly) surprising me this year. From his improved play on the court (both in his own game & fitting into the "flow" of the team) to his maturity off the court, the fact that this guy has lotterly-pick type of talent, and yet he was cool with never starting a game in his college career...just think about the maturity it takes to make that work out the way it did this year. Shows remarkable character, IMO, and I've really grown to respect this guy for everything he's done this year.

And finally, to finish off his coursework to help with the APR is just another great thing. I'll really feel good about rooting for him in his NBA career and I hope he makes a fortune & can achieve all his dreams and goals.

Thanks for everything, Dion. You are a valued part of the SU family, and always will be. Keep doing us proud. (and don't get drafted by Minnesota, haha) I have this feeling that if Dion does achieve some level of NBA success, he's a guy (like Carmelo, but not to his level of stardom) that young, up & coming players and recruits will try to emulate his game (great energy, hard worker & high flyer) and attitude (that killer court attitude) and will list as a reason why they are interested in playing at Cuse. And thus, his contribution to SU will continue on long after he's gone.

Great post!

Dion Waiters has now cemented his place in Syracuse Basketball History. His contributions were much appreciated. He leaves a legacy of being a power of example of how waiting one's turn for playing time and putting the team 1st can pay handsome dividends. Dion was able to do some honest self appraisal and in doing so ended up doing what was best for Dion Waiters and Syracuse Basketball. My only regret is that he is leaving and he has demonstrated the ability and talent to be one of the best in the Nation next year.

I hope so too, he would actually be a great fit as a sixth man, combo guard since were probably losing JR Smith, but the Knicks only have a second round pick.

Yea. I want another Cuse player to play in that pathetic organization they call the Knicks. I am pulling for him to be a Celtic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom