Another tidbit | Syracusefan.com

Another tidbit

Good for him. Glad he finished that out, shows a lot of maturity on his part.

SCORE!!! That is absolutely huge.

Attaboy Dion. Now go get some large ca-ching.

"Im just a normal kid pursuing my life long dream of being able to provide for my family. Its gonna take hard work but we going to make it. Follow me on my path!"

Dion Waiters

so Fab Melo's stupidity won't hurt us any more than it already has

Knew he would... been saying it for a loooong time. Great for Dion... another SU family member. Hope the does well and comes back so we can continue to see him and applaud him for the great kid he's turned out to be. Go high in the draft DION!!!!

so Fab Melo's stupidity won't hurt us any more than it already has
I've seen Fab on campus as recently as a week ago. Let's assume he wouldn't be hanging around unless he is finishing up his coursework for the semester.

Hope so. Dion's game and character have matured tremendously. I hope he goes to the Knicks.

Hope so. Dion's game and character have matured tremendously. I hope he goes to the Knicks.
I hope so too, he would actually be a great fit as a sixth man, combo guard since were probably losing JR Smith, but the Knicks only have a second round pick.

Good stuff, Dion. Great to see the kid mature the way he has.

I was fairly confident that he was going to finish up his work, but this is great to hear.

Dion would look sweet on the Heat...although I'd hate to see him slide down that far, and don't think he will. Love the kid.

Good news indeed!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

really great news, thanks CTO.

I gotta say, Dion keeps (pleasantly) surprising me this year. From his improved play on the court (both in his own game & fitting into the "flow" of the team) to his maturity off the court, the fact that this guy has lotterly-pick type of talent, and yet he was cool with never starting a game in his college career...just think about the maturity it takes to make that work out the way it did this year. Shows remarkable character, IMO, and I've really grown to respect this guy for everything he's done this year.

And finally, to finish off his coursework to help with the APR is just another great thing. I'll really feel good about rooting for him in his NBA career and I hope he makes a fortune & can achieve all his dreams and goals.

Thanks for everything, Dion. You are a valued part of the SU family, and always will be. Keep doing us proud. (and don't get drafted by Minnesota, haha) I have this feeling that if Dion does achieve some level of NBA success, he's a guy (like Carmelo, but not to his level of stardom) that young, up & coming players and recruits will try to emulate his game (great energy, hard worker & high flyer) and attitude (that killer court attitude) and will list as a reason why they are interested in playing at Cuse. And thus, his contribution to SU will continue on long after he's gone.

Dion said on Twitter he was planning on finishing out the semester, and there were several people here who doubted he'd follow through. Thrilled to hear that he has indeed told those people to suck it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom