Another Win. Another Drop in the NET? | Syracusefan.com

Another Win. Another Drop in the NET?

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
We had a chance to really blow out an inferior team to make a big positive move in the NET.

It seems we have a very hard time sustaining momentum.

Last edited:
That’s a feature of SU BB. The other team always comes back. If SU is down they’ll usually make a game of it.

Well our quad 1 wins could take a jump as NCSU is 79 right now and spanking BC so good chance they jump back to 75 or better. Also Oregon moved back up to 59 so if they can somehow get into top 50 all the sudden we sit at 4 Q1 wins vs 2.

Well our quad 1 wins could take a jump as NCSU is 79 right now and spanking BC so good chance they jump back to 75 or better. Also Oregon moved back up to 59 so if they can somehow get into top 50 all the sudden we sit at 4 Q1 wins vs 2.
Our opponents winning would be sweet. LSU can help us a ton as well.

****Oregon dropped 5 spots and LSU dropped 6 spots yesterday. We have to control our own destiny and unfortunately yesterday did not help. If we won by 20-30 points yesterday I’d imagine we would have had a similar 10-11 spot bump such as Pitt did****

****Oregon dropped 5 spots and LSU dropped 6 spots yesterday. We have to control our own destiny and unfortunately yesterday did not help. If we won by 20-30 points yesterday I’d imagine we would have had a similar 10-11 spot bump such as Pitt did****

If you are trying to say we have to win a conference game vs a much improved ND team by 20 plus to get on the bubble… no. It helps the net but end of the day beating ND is a quad 3 win and nothing else.

BC lost by 11 yesterday and went up 3 spots to NC State who went up 2 spots. It’s all just a weird formula doing its thing.

head banging GIF

I just looked at the list. What a joke. Michigan state is 17-10 and they are 23rd. BYU is 12th at 19-8. Baylor 16th at 18-8. It’s so dumb.
I can’t stand looking at all the mediocre Big East teams that have top 50 NETs despite poor records - Butler, Nova, St. John’s. We’re not without flaws but I find hard to believe those teams are in better position than us given our record.

I just looked at the list. What a joke. Michigan state is 17-10 and they are 23rd. BYU is 12th at 19-8. Baylor 16th at 18-8. It’s so dumb.
Big 10 & 12 are much stronger than the ACC this year. There's nothing dumb about it

Outside of NC State moving up to Q1/Q2 (they’re 4 spots away) I think the other biggest item for our resume is Georgia Tech being 3 spots away from making that loss a Q2. Our resume looks a lot stronger if we only have the 1 Q3 loss.

Biggest game of the season on Tuesday. Gotta beat VT to avoid needing to win the ACCT.

Outside of NC State moving up to Q1/Q2 (they’re 4 spots away) I think the other biggest item for our resume is Georgia Tech being 3 spots away from making that loss a Q2. Our resume looks a lot stronger if we only have the 1 Q3 loss.

Biggest game of the season on Tuesday. Gotta beat VT to avoid needing to win the ACCT.

Yep- GT and ND both have quietly been moving up and improving on the year

Big 10 & 12 are much stronger than the ACC this year. There's nothing dumb about it

The Big 12 is a paper tiger outside the top 3 teams which the awful non conference SOS has highlighted and the ACC has a winning record against that conference. The Big 10 has a total of two ranked teams (same as ACC) .Much stronger?

Isn’t the ACC something like 9-3 vs the B12?

The B12 has relied almost exclusively on beating each other and inflated records from weak schedules to get where they are. Kansas has the most big non conf wins by far but after that there just isn’t much except beating each other. Houston and Kansas of course are elite and legit title contenders. After that it’s inflated rankings. Iowa state is an easy pick to be a high seed to go down early for instance. Just look at the non conf schedules of all their ranked teams outside those top two. It’s telling.

Bottom Line for resume and NET from my perspective-

2-7 against Q1 isn't going to cut it to make the tournament. Need to prove you can beat good teams. Look at Villanova and Texas A&M for example.

The road losses at BC and GT really sting. Winning games on the road and neutral court are very important. Those 2 games swung our season.

Cuse needs to win out and then win 2 in the ACCT tournment to be strongly considered. Getting a road win at clemson is crucial to make our resume stand out. Because right now it is very meh

Bottom Line for resume and NET from my perspective-

2-7 against Q1 isn't going to cut it to make the tournament. Need to prove you can beat good teams. Look at Villanova and Texas A&M for example.

The road losses at BC and GT really sting. Winning games on the road and neutral court are very important. Those 2 games swung our season.

Cuse needs to win out and then win 2 in the ACCT tournment to be strongly considered. Getting a road win at clemson is crucial to make our resume stand out. Because right now it is very meh
Agreed. If we follow that path we should be able to get our combined Q1/Q2 record to .500 or maybe a game over. I believe historically p6 schools with a >.500 q1/q2 record are near locks for the tourney.

Additionally would help get our road/neutral court record into a similar spot.

The NET understands that an 8 point loss/win isn’t really any different than a 20 point loss/win, right?

How does it actually work? The criteria should be whether or not it was a game within reach or a game not within reach. It shouldn’t be incremental, like a 5 point loss is marginally worse than a 2 point loss. Those losses are the same.

Thanks in advance to whomever can clear this up for me.

Agreed. If we follow that path we should be able to get our combined Q1/Q2 record to .500 or maybe a game over. I believe historically p6 schools with a >.500 q1/q2 record are near locks for the tourney.

Additionally would help get our road/neutral court record into a similar spot.

We need NC state to be a Q1 and win at Clemson while also taking care of the next two games as well. That would put us with a .500 record in Q1/Q2 games and then 4 Q1 wins. That also would put us at 5-6 on the road.

Two wins in ACCT on top of the above and our resume would measure well against any other bubble team… just would come down to how ppl see it.

Losing faith that Oregon will turn into a Q1 or that LSU will turn into a Q2. Hope I’m wrong but running out of time
IMG_4242.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom