Any Interest in Importing the SU Men's Hoops Schedule Into Your Calendar? | Syracusefan.com

Any Interest in Importing the SU Men's Hoops Schedule Into Your Calendar?

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
If you do, please do me a favor and try to import this file I made into your calendar.

http://syracusefan.com/schedules/Syracuse Men's Basketball Calendar 2016-17 Calendar (Outlook).ics

This was designed to work with Outlook. It might work with a Google or Apple calendar, might not.

To try and import the dates into your calendar, first save this file somewhere you can remember in 2 minutes.

With the version of Outlook I have, to import, from inside of Outlook, you should click on File, then select the Open & Export option, then Import/Export, then select 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs)'.

Then navigate to where you stored the calendar file you just saved and select it.

It should ask you if you want to open the calendar as a new calendar or import its terms into your calendar. Do what you want to do here...I would assume you will want to import the items into your calendar.

Check your calendar. The SU men's basketball schedule should be loaded.

For people who try and do this, please let me know if it works. Thanks.

Thanks Tom. This loaded right into my Outlook calendar on my phone and at work.

That is brilliant.
Thank you everyone. One thing I will point out is that there are still a lot of starting times that are TBD. I had to put in something, so I guessed a starting time for the TBDs. It should say that on the meeting summary as well as in the detail.

I think I will add a link to this file to the basketball schedule page. One thing I am curious about is whether it will work for people who have Apple devices that do not use Outlook. Or people who use a Google-based calendar.

Thank you everyone. One thing I will point out is that there are still a lot of starting times that are TBD. I had to put in something, so I guessed a starting time for the TBDs. It should say that on the meeting summary as well as in the detail.

I think I will add a link to this file to the basketball schedule page. One thing I am curious about is whether it will work for people who have Apple devices that do not use Outlook. Or people who use a Google-based calendar.
I don't use Outlook. It imported perfectly into my Mac's iCal. Awesome. SUAD should make this feature available on Cuse.com for all sports individually and collectively.

One thing I am curious about is whether it will work for people who have Apple devices that do not use Outlook. Or people who use a Google-based calendar.
Imported successfully into iPhone 5, like a boss!
TBDs just get a default start time of 7pm or so.

Kind thanks, Tom.

Just imported into my Google Calendar also. Worked great!

Tom, this is perfect!! Added it right to my google calendar, which automatically added it to my phone. Thanks!

Tom, this is perfect!! Added it right to my google calendar, which automatically added it to my phone. Thanks!
Excellent.

For future reference, I added the link to this downloadable, importable file containing the schedule to the SU basketball schedule page. If you ever need it, please go there.

2016-17 SU Men's Basketball Schedule

Tom do you know of a way to get rid of all the appointments in my other calendar.
Not sure what you are asking. Did you import the SU hoops calendar as a new calendar and really wanted to just add them to your normal calendar? Are you joking around?

Not sure...

Not sure what you are asking. Did you import the SU hoops calendar as a new calendar and really wanted to just add them to your normal calendar? Are you joking around?

Not sure...
I think he wants all the meetings removed from his calendar :)

Thank you so much! Still waiting for the Cuse app on the iPhone to give users scoring updates for football and basketball games. Only reason I still have the ESPN app.

If you do, please do me a favor and try to import this file I made into your calendar.

http://syracusefan.com/schedules/Syracuse Men's Basketball Calendar 2016-17 Calendar (Outlook).ics

This was designed to work with Outlook. It might work with a Google or Apple calendar, might not.

To try and import the dates into your calendar, first save this file somewhere you can remember in 2 minutes.

With the version of Outlook I have, to import, from inside of Outlook, you should click on File, then select the Open & Export option, then Import/Export, then select 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar (.vcs)'.

Then navigate to where you stored the calendar file you just saved and select it.

It should ask you if you want to open the calendar as a new calendar or import its terms into your calendar. Do what you want to do here...I would assume you will want to import the items into your calendar.

Check your calendar. The SU men's basketball schedule should be loaded.

For people who try and do this, please let me know if it works. Thanks.
Worked on Iphone 6. Thanks Tom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom