Anybody listen to local show at 1:00 today | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anybody listen to local show at 1:00 today

Yes because in the South guys are never fired right?

1) I never said that

2) My opinions aren't passed off as facts, if you take them that way...that's on you!

You get worked up awful easily. You gotta chill man when someone has a different opinion than you

1) I never said that

2) My opinions aren't passed off as facts, if you take them that way...that's on you!

You literally said you disagreed with someone who stated how talk radio hosts are handled in Knoxville ... passing off the idea that what he said was invalid ... and once again one of your posts with no substance .. congrats you continue to contribute nothing of fact or anything positive to this board and other than your selfie avatar not sure you bring humor either.

You literally said you disagreed with someone who stated how talk radio hosts are handled in Knoxville .
I was talking about the local Syracuse guy how he doesn't have to be a homer to have a job but what he said is silly and foolish. I never said people never got fired over saying dumb things, I just said the local guy shouldn't be forced to be a homer. Whatever, I'm done with this. Enjoy the rest of your night.

I was talking about the local Syracuse guy how he doesn't have to be a homer to have a job but what he said is silly and foolish. I never said people never got fired over saying dumb things, I just said the local guy shouldn't be forced to be a homer. Whatever, I'm done with this. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Well since you are done my night just got so much better :)

This dude Sal just said if Robert Washington is really considering coming to Syracuse that he would call him and tell him not to ruin his life. That's a LOCAL sports show guy? Wow.

I'd love to see that bastard say something like that during a radio show in Tuscaloosa or Auburn. He'd be lucky to still have teeth. And yes, we're THAT serious down here.

I'd love to see that bastard say something like that during a radio show in Tuscaloosa or Auburn. He'd be lucky to still have teeth. And yes, we're THAT serious down here.
That is not something to be proud of in my opinion.

It's something I am eminently proud of. A reason why SEC schools recruit so well is BECAUSE of the rabid fan bases in this part of the country.

It's something I am eminently proud of. A reason why SEC schools recruit so well is BECAUSE of the rabid fan bases in this part of the country.
A passionate fan base is great. Caveman justice is not.

bcubs9497 said:

Well, that, and sackfuls of cash, cars and women.

Well, that, and sackfuls of cash, cars and women.

Generalizations and prejudices aside, the rabid fan bases are a big part of why SEC schools, and the ACC schools down here in the south, recruit so well. Football is bigger than the Baptist Church in the south. And fans DO get very defensive about their teams. Players, and RECRUITS, see that.

Some of you would have really hated sitting next to or behind my father at Syracuse games. When the other team had the ball he would have been standing up and screaming at the top of his lungs..."Get him. Kill Him". I am sure that you would have been telling him to sit down.

Some of you would have really hated sitting next to or behind my father at Syracuse games. When the other team had the ball he would have been standing up and screaming at the top of his lungs..."Get him. Kill Him". I am sure that you would have been telling him to sit down.

I would've been screaming along with your father =D

And I will be screaming at the games.

Down here, passion == caveman. It works.

Unfortunately ostrich syndrome is what allows many to cope with life ... because of a lack of "caveman" justice in some areas where it is necessary we have a lot of issues in this world. Quite frankly if some people got their teeth knocked in for the things they do and say they would hesitate to do it in the future ... what these guys don't seem to get is that those that need it just move on to other gigs and they replace guys using the same schtick or the guys don't move on and they just keep right on going ... ignoring has worked wonders so far ... :rolleyes: Cohen, Axe and this clown ... really effective ... all they do is replace or add guys with the same MO ... that is what ignoring them has gotten you so far.

Unfortunately ostrich syndrome is what allows many to cope with life ... because of a lack of "caveman" justice in some areas where it is necessary we have a lot of issues in this world. Quite frankly if some people got their teeth knocked in for the things they do and say they would hesitate to do it in the future ... what these guys don't seem to get is that those that need it just move on to other gigs and they replace guys using the same schtick or the guys don't move on and they just keep right on going ... ignoring has worked wonders so far ... :rolleyes: Cohen, Axe and this clown ... really effective ... all they do is replace or add guys with the same MO ... that is what ignoring them has gotten you so far.
I would put Bud at the top of this list.

I disagree with that. What this guy said was beyond silly and foolish but he doesn't need to be a homer to have a job either.
I didn't mean complete homer, I had hoped that was clear with my "certain aspect" inclusion. The guys down here criticize the team/coaches/AD but they would never think about saying something specifically about or to a recruit that would dissuade him from going to UT, especially someone that is the caliber of RW.

I would say there needs to be a balance. I think the passion is too lacking in the North (win 10 games and I'll finally show up) and too extreme in the South (I'll donate to a new high school football stadium, but don't care if the paint is falling off the walls).

Good job Dave.

Bad job by Sal, "I was just kidding". What?

If you want to say it would take a surprising amount of nerve to choose SU over Bama and UM, say that, don't say he'd be ruining his life. There is nothing at all similar in the two statements.

For someone who makes a living in a occupation that is primarily verbal communication that is an example of not understanding how to.

Last edited:
I know I will look foolish for asking this because you guys are hopefully just messing with me, but I will ask anyway. You don't actually think it is okay to assault someone just because you don't like what they are saying, right?

I know I will look foolish for asking this because you guys are hopefully just messing with me, but I will ask anyway. You don't actually think it is okay to assault someone just because you don't like what they are saying, right?

No I don't think it is OK .. I do however know that some people will take the verbal assault to the point they get decked and learn a painful lesson. In this case I think the guy is just a tool ... has no business covering SU athletics and does more harm then good. In the end smacking someone for doing what he did is not something I can condone ... however some individuals who flap their gums in a much more profane and abusive manor need a beat down ... I hope that clears up my stance on it.

Depends on what they're saying. For that dork on the radio? Nope, I wouldn't. There are a few things that'd push my buttons enough to get me riled up enough to snap someone in half, though.

I will say that a radio guy in Tuscaloosa saying something like that might want to consider moving; because someone WOULD get froggy, and in a hurry.

Depends on what they're saying. For that dork on the radio? Nope, I wouldn't. There are a few things that'd push my buttons enough to get me riled up enough to snap someone in half, though.

I will say that a radio guy in Tuscaloosa saying something like that might want to consider moving; because someone WOULD get froggy, and in a hurry.

Come on whats the worst thing that could happen ... poison some trees or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom