Anyone hear this new stadium rumor | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone hear this new stadium rumor

Follow the $$$. Operator already selected. Who is going to cash in . Miner just wants a piece.
Apparently the developer COR, had been talking to the mayor to try and sway her. The project was to completely renovate the area and was selected because of it's proximity to the Connective Corridor. I think at this point the businesses around that area on E Genesee St should put some pressure on Miner, it would be a boon for the restaurants around there.

I'm still not convinced the project is dead in the water. Mahoney's going on the radio talking about it for a reason although Miner has never been one to be strong armed.

it's a win win win for everyone except the vast majority of NYers who don't root for syracuse but still have to pay hundreds of millions. who cares about them

Believe it or not but a lot of NYers don't root for the Yankees yet around $9oo million tax dollars went into their stadium that we are all paying for, why not do something here.

Believe it or not but a lot of NYers don't root for the Yankees yet around $9oo million tax dollars went into their stadium that we are all paying for, why not do something here.
My view, the $200MM will be spent one way or another. If it's not here then it will be spent somewhere else. It might as well be here in Syracuse. When government has money to spend they spend it, actually even when they don't have money to spend they spend it.

Watching from afar I see Miner just holding up the project until Cuomo sweetens the deal. She needs a cash ininfusion for the city and probably wants to reward a couple big backers, Cuomo - smooth enough to know how to play the game, probably has this in hand. Now the dance occurs and we see two "tough" pols walk out with a win-win resolution.

Cuomo has presidential aspirations, he will get this done. Miner has her sights on higher office, she will get this done.

that sucks too

this is why new york state is a freaking mess.

There are plenty of reasons why NYS is a mess. Stadium subsidies isn't one of them. Those crap deals happen in pretty much every state and the taxpayers are always stuck with the bill.

My view, the $200MM will be spent one way or another. If it's not here then it will be spent somewhere else. It might as well be here in Syracuse. When government has money to spend they spend it, actually even when they don't have money to spend they spend it.

No question about it. There is money to be had in Upstate this year that probably won't be available the following few years and you can thank the election cycle for that. If Syracuse passes on this chances are there is already a fallback plan. Whether that includes money for some smaller projects around Onondaga County who knows? It is a pretty sure bet that State funding is not forthcoming for police cars.

I agree, that's why it burns my ass that the mayor doesn't know how to play the game and get this done. Ego is the only thing that I can think of on top of the fact that she has no political savvy, no salesmanship, no compromise and very little tact. How she got elected for her first term is amazing to me.

There are plenty of reasons why NYS is a mess. Stadium subsidies isn't one of them. Those crap deals happen in pretty much every state and the taxpayers are always stuck with the bill.

states that spend less than NY must have some ability to say no to spending and not just throw up their hands and say well it'll get spent anyway

I always wondered with regard to the Carrier name being on the Dome. What if they make enough significant changes to the Dome, would that void the contract so that SU could sell the naming rights again?

Could the contract be challenged in court based on making significant changes?

WAG

$200m - State
$100m - County @ $4m/yr for 25 yrs
$25m - Developer
$25m - Private donor, naming rights
$25m - Fundraising, smaller naming rights
$25m - SU, suites, license fees etc

$50k - syracusefan.com ;)

Mahoney also said that SU had agreed to be a tenant but since the facility was going to be privately owned that it was going to be fully taxable and open 365 days. Also mentioned that the reason there aren't concerts at the dome is because they jeopardize SU's non taxable status.

Mahoney also said that SU had agreed to be a tenant but since the facility was going to be privately owned that it was going to be fully taxable and open 365 days. Also mentioned that the reason there aren't concerts at the dome is because they jeopardize SU's non taxable status.

What radio station are you listening to? I am hoping I can hear a replay or podcast. I am actually enjoying your updates and it seems that she is slowly burying Mayor Miner with what she is saying. As well as answering all of the Mayor's questions except for the one about infrastructure. Funny.

I should know this but didn't.
I'm so sick to my stomach to know that I helped fund Yankee stadium.

I hate the Yankees.

I am a Yankee fan and last I looked at my property taxes, paycheck, etc. Nothing went up or changed, so as a taxpayer and an SU fan, I want the State to pay for a stadium here. Pisses me off that we have a shortsighted Mayor that would turn down an opportunity like this, stomping her feet because she can't get what she wants. Amazing.

Fully taxable...well that answer's Miner's question about who will pay for police and maintenance of infrastructure, isn't that what our taxes for?

What radio station are you listening to? I am hoping I can hear a replay or podcast. I am actually enjoying your updates and it seems that she is slowly burying Mayor Miner with what she is saying. As well as answering all of the Mayor's questions except for the one about infrastructure. Funny.

She was interviewed by Joe Galuski on WSYR - 106.9 or 570am. He said that he was going to call Miner to see if she wants to come on to talk about it as well. His show only goes until 9am so probably tomorrow or Friday she'll be on.

This whole thing strikes me as Miner being po'd that she was left out of the initial discussions. Didn't like being cut out of the plan making. Her objections are all relatively minor.

What happens to the dome? Torn down? Largest IPF in the country (and most expensive to maintain)?