Anyone worried about Battle leaving? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone worried about Battle leaving?

You can declare every year. The NCAA changed the rules. Remember Calipari saying his whole team will declare every year including the walkons.
He should go to the combine and see what NBA teams tell him. That is why Malachi left he got a promise in Chicago.

Yeah Calipari's entire team can declare, but his entire team isn't getting invites. They only take 60-70 guys.

He looked his best last night. He was taking good shots, driving hard, and playing smart. I hope he stays, but his potential is obvious

That's what happens when you have played a bunch of games against ACC opponents and then play a game against a team from the Southern Conference. Against the weaker teams in the beginning of the year he wasn't starting, so he didn't get to hone his skills at the college level. Next year he is going to have games like last night in and night out against ACC teams and be pushing for All-ACC 1st Team honors by the end of the year.

Mc Allister posted last night that when asked Batlle said he will be back. FWIW

I believe the exact words were "I'm pretty sure that I'll be back"

Anyways, I think he'll be back, but he is at least starting to get some attention on DraftExpress for next year's draft.

I have no expectation to see him back. He is clearly every bit the player Mali was. He just may not have the stage Mali had. How much that matters, I'm not sure.

Nothing would surprise me with regards to this young man.

I have no expectation to see him back. He is clearly every bit the player Mali was. He just may not have the stage Mali had. How much that matters, I'm not sure.

I think he was better this year than Malachi was last year. Malachi probably had better measurements and that's about it. Significantly weaker draft class last year though.

That's what happens when you have played a bunch of games against ACC opponents and then play a game against a team from the Southern Conference. Against the weaker teams in the beginning of the year he wasn't starting, so he didn't get to hone his skills at the college level. Next year he is going to have games like last night in and night out against ACC teams and be pushing for All-ACC 1st Team honors by the end of the year.
He had plenty of games like that in the ACC this season. Battle was not close to 100% physically in the nonconference, and actually improved his play across the board in ACC play (a rarity for any freshman) despite effectively losing about two or three games when he was slowed by the flu.

Gut says they are both back and we land Ayala or Waters plus a 5th year grad transfer.

Then we win the Natty.

Someone screenshot this, it's happening.

He'll go through the process but won't leave unless he gets a 1st round promise like Mali did last year. It's highly doubtful that will happen in this draft. Who knows maybe our luck is starting to change and we land a of get everyone back and make a legit run at a national championship next year

He returns, averages 20, 4, and 3 and leads us on a deep run, and goes top 10 in next year's draft and becomes our best pro since Melo.

I really do think all that can happen too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom