Apathy? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Apathy?

I have been to the food trucks.. I always see a line. Where do you think all the people on the quad are eating? to me the issue is just the lack of places to actually eat.. When the tent had tables and food a couple yrs ago it was jammed.. they took away the food but people are hanging to watch the other games.. not so easy to do for noon games.

to me if they want people on the quad they need tables . I dont stop now because I dont want to try to eat and drink something standing up..

Why do you think they “took the food away”?

I mean, this really isn’t rocket science - if something is working and profitable people generally don’t discontinue it.

We don’t know our kickoff times until two weeks out. I’m sure private food trucks have to commit well before that window. I’ll absolutely agree if it’s a later game, crowds getting food at food trucks and sitting at the tables (or standing at the stand-ups) are marginally better - but noon is horrible. So trucks have to commit when they don’t know if it’s profitable to do so - its no shock they choose to not commit.

I’m 100% convinced most people don’t stop now - and regardless of what reason they give, aren’t going to stop in the future (likely it’ll be they don’t want a bbq sandwich or walking taco for breakfast at a nooner). They’ll just come up with a new excuse to not stop at the food trucks (or go to the games).

Call me apathetic but I was over this loss about 5 min after it ended. That never used to be the case.
We had 3 quarters to get over it before it ended. Everyone could sense we were never really in it once that 2nd qtr drive stalled at their 40.

Honestly had that sinking feeling when GS fumbled and then Allen fumbled on the next series. When Clemson does this at home they manage to overcome in the 4th quarter. When we do this at home our goose is cooked.

What if you put them back after the season?

Cemeteries are not really effective uses of land.

Actually, I agree with the second statement. And it's occurred to me that many more people have died than have had headstones put on their graves. Some of our houses may have been built on old cemeteries. It really would have bene more efficient to just cremate everybody and put the ashes back in the soil. The deceased aren't using those bodies any more. We might as well recycle the star stuff.

But I recognize that many people do not feel that way and that cemeteries have long been a part of our culture and religions. That has to be respected. And parking a car over a grave is not the way to do that.

Guys I don't think FRANKIE was truly serious. More of a hypothetical thinker statement.

Why do you think they “took the food away”?

I mean, this really isn’t rocket science - if something is working and profitable people generally don’t discontinue it.

We don’t know our kickoff times until two weeks out. I’m sure private food trucks have to commit well before that window. I’ll absolutely agree if it’s a later game, crowds getting food at food trucks and sitting at the tables (or standing at the stand-ups) are marginally better - but noon is horrible. So trucks have to commit when they don’t know if it’s profitable to do so - its no shock they choose to not commit.

I’m 100% convinced most people don’t stop now - and regardless of what reason they give, aren’t going to stop in the future (likely it’ll be they don’t want a bbq sandwich or walking taco for breakfast at a nooner). They’ll just come up with a new excuse to not stop at the food trucks (or go to the games).
they took food away because it needed to be staffed.

How olds the cemetery? There might be people buried there who’s great grandchildren are passed away or if alive over 90 years old.

As an update, I was in Philadelphia for work today and while there I discovered that Temple University bought Monument Cemetery in 1956, dug it up, reinterred the deceased elsewhere (supposedly, after I heard about it and looked up info, this part is really murky), tossed the headstones into the Delaware River and paved it over for a parking lot. So paving over a cemetery to make a parking lot has, in fact, happened before.

It is possible that someday your vision could be reality.

This is rock bottom for me. I have never had such little interest in Cuse FB as I do now. 5 straight years of completely inept O. I used to watch every min of every game. Not this year. I really don't want to even go to the remaining games. And if Dino is back next year I will absolutely skip several home games.

How can SU ask the fans for NIL money with this product? This is a deterrent to giving.

This is rock bottom for me. I have never had such little interest in Cuse FB as I do now. 5 straight years of completely inept O. I used to watch every min of every game. Not this year. I really don't want to even go to the remaining games. And if Dino is back next year I will absolutely skip several home games.

How can SU ask the fans for NIL money with this product? This is a deterrent to giving.

Yeah I think NIL would actually benefit with a new coach. Sell the fans hope of better days.