pitt WIN
at notre dame LOSS
at duke LOSS
virginia WIN
at nc state LOSS

1-1 in acc tourny

20-13 overall, 10-8 acc.
best wins: iowa neutral, virginia home

lets assume its another weak bubble. are we in? i said i thought finishing above .500 in acc would get us in, but thats not a strong resume. i think we need 11-7.

It would be cutting it real close, only two wins against the top 50 could be a problem, but the 10-8 record would be a huge plus, I will say yes, but in a play in game.

I would say no. I think we need at least one more win against a tournament team in your scenario. That loss at Clemson would worry me also.

I would say no. I think we need at least one more win against a tournament team in your scenario. That loss at Clemson would worry me also.
yea Clemson is terrible this year, so is NC State

No

But we're not losing @ Clemson, it's either them or BC for the worst team in the league. We could definitely lose Wednesday @GT though

And Pitt looks pretty bad this year. If we're really an NCAA team we sweep them.

I think we will benefit this year from a lot of the ACC being down

No

But we're not losing @ Clemson, it's either them or BC for the worst team in the league. We could definitely lose Wednesday @GT though

And Pitt looks pretty bad this year. If we're really an NCAA team we sweep them.

after i posted it i thought to myself we got a much better chance of losing at ga tech then clemson. i only did clemson cuz thats a tough venue to play in. they beat duke last year there.

With what you posted I think yes but it swings one loss another way I think we're a no.

after i posted it i thought to myself we got a much better chance of losing at ga tech then clemson. i only did clemson cuz thats a tough venue to play in. they beat duke last year there.

they also had an NBA player last year and made the NIT final 4, not so much this year

Ga Tech is more likely a loss and Clemson a win.

Clemson isn't very good.

dsp_bubble01_1155568573.jpg

It's hard to really say without seeing the other bubble teams wins and record and such. I'll play and say this year it will probably be a yes

Will need to flip the loss at Pit-stain and at Clemson to compensate for the more likely loss at Ga Tech.

And will really need a What victory against one of the top ACC teams to make it in too. The Villynovy loss is going to haunt the record.

LGO

After the improvements we've made and the Nova game I'd be disappointed with less than 22 wins. If you guys don't think we can pull wins out against UNC, Clemson, etc. except DUke then Idk what to tell you.

I agree that we should sweep Pitt, also we are not losing to Clemson even though it is away, or NC State for that matter. I see us at 24-9 after going 1-1 in ACC tourney, which should be good enough to get us in.

woody44 said:
I agree that we should sweep Pitt, also we are not losing to Clemson even though it is away, or NC State for that matter. I see us at 24-9 after going 1-1 in ACC tourney, which should be good enough to get us in.

14-4 in ACC??? Yea I'd say that will get us in lol

woody44 said:

14-4 in the ACC? That might actually get us first in the league.

Its not that I look at that slate and say we can't beat so and so or we should beat these teams ect. I mean you can make the case that we should win 11 of those games and have a good chance at UNC as well as at least one of the 3 home games vs Duke, VA & Lville. Its that we have been very inconsistent and are prone to continue to be so for a while as we develop. Its hard to count on wins in all the games we should win IMO. I agree with those saying these first 7 are of utmost importance. They are all winnable games that could get us into a great position. I also feel that whatever happens at UNC the 3 games after that are very important as well because its a slaughterhouse line up after that with Pitt stuffed in the middle and then finishing up on the road for the 18th league game.

at virginia tech WIN
at georgia tech WIN
florida st WIN
wake forest WIN
at clemson LOSS
boston college WIN
miami WIN
at north carolina LOSS
virginia tech WIN
at pitt LOSS
at boston college WIN
duke LOSS
louisville LOSS
pitt WIN
at notre dame LOSS
at duke LOSS
virginia WIN
at nc state LOSS

1-1 in acc tourny

20-13 overall, 10-8 acc.

lets assume its another weak bubble. are we in? i said i thought finishing above .500 in acc would get us in, but thats not a strong resume. i think we need 11-7.
Thats tough, I think the key would be the weak bubble, and it would depend on how Iowa, Nova, SJU, Cal, etc end up through the course of the year. We very well might need the help with our SOS

at virginia tech WIN
at georgia tech WIN
florida st WIN
wake forest WIN
at clemson LOSS
boston college WIN
miami WIN
at north carolina LOSS
virginia tech WIN
at pitt LOSS
at boston college WIN
duke LOSS
louisville LOSS
pitt WIN
at notre dame LOSS
at duke LOSS
virginia WIN
at nc state LOSS

1-1 in acc tourny

20-13 overall, 10-8 acc.

I think the decent SOS out of conference gets SU to Dayton in that scenario. I remember Colorado and SMU being left out the last two years for an attrocious OOC SOS.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

This is where our resume may stand if we are 19-12 (The Scenario you proposed) .. our top 50 and 100 record will hurt us. A 2-7 record vs top 50, and 5-9 vs top 100 hurts... but it does skewed by our 1-5 vs top 25. Of course we actually have to play the game, but I sort of like to use this data which takes where we are at now and sort of extrapolates... give us a decent idea of where we are sitting.

I did a field selection based on the data in the above link, and I had put us outside of the last 4 out... but in that next group out.

Teams I have slightly above us based on that data are George Washington, Providence, Washington, Indiana.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

This is where our resume may stand if we are 19-12 (The Scenario you proposed) .. our top 50 and 100 record will hurt us. A 2-7 record vs top 50, and 5-9 vs top 100 hurts... but it does skewed by our 1-5 vs top 25. Of course we actually have to play the game, but I sort of like to use this data which takes where we are at now and sort of extrapolates... give us a decent idea of where we are sitting.

I did a field selection based on the data in the above link, and I had put us outside of the last 4 out... but in that next group out.

Teams I have slightly above us based on that data are George Washington, Providence, Washington, Indiana.

We aren't getting in with 19 wins, and a 2-7 record against the top 50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom