Army Gameday... | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Army Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, what can you do? Colgate has good passers and shooters and they win their rinky dink league every year, so there’s no way we can beat them at home(even though St. John’s, Auburn, and every single other big school they played the last few years has beaten them).

So sick of the excuses when shitty small time New York teams with a chip on their shoulder come into the Dome and out coach us and out hustle us.

Beck can’t call this game like we’re getting 20 possessions. Shrader can’t play like it either. 3rd snd 5 has to be a chain mover, not a deep shot.
^^^

I HATE Dinos lack of situational awareness. We should have used our second timeout after completing that long pass, or at least screamed to Garrett to spike the ball. Losing 8 seconds and having to hurry turned out to be a disaster at the end of the half.

I don’t understand how these basic things keep happening. Just don’t.

Come out and score and then get a stop thats the goal to focus on.

and screw the run, throw a screen if you want to make a run type play.. but just throw the bubble a few times and get their D moving more.
Agree. I’d abandon the run almost entirely unless it’s a Shrader scramble. When we get moving they can’t stay with our WRs. Just have to make the plays. They’re running it down our throats let’s pass it down theirs.

Can't understand what the game plan was, but sure hope and expect to see major changes in the second half. Need to remind Shrader to look at other receivers! they are there and open.
Zero throws over the middle, zero screens, zero throws to the TE.

Our run defense:

IMG_1209.jpeg

Agree. I’d abandon the run almost entirely unless it’s a Shrader scramble. When we get moving they can’t stay with our WRs. Just have to make the plays. They’re running it down our throats let’s pass it down theirs.
Yep. Allen between the tackles is playing into their hands.

No...Army's dominant ball control held them to 10. A competent P5 line...not just 5star lines, should not be getting blown up at the los against Army.

Its a D1 matchup you think Army is going to go backwards and end the game with negative yardage?

They aren't hitting throws down the field they have executed perfectly and have 10 points to show for it. We forced 2 3 and outs and came away with 3 points. Beck ran Shrader twice to start the game. Even their FG might not have happened if Dino doesn't call a timeout when they are going to be running out of clock and down under 1 minute.

Tie the game up and let the D keep them out of the end zone rest of the way and we'll be fine.

Hopefully we come out in the triple option. They’ll never expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom