Army Post Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Army Post Game Thread

Can someone please explain the rule with the refs standing over the ball to allow Army to sub? I thought they didn’t do that if the offense didn’t sub too. Am I wrong?
Pretty sure that is the rule, if we didn’t sub we should be allowed to snap asap.

He spun the football towards the defensive player?? Real soft call.
Like parking near a hydrant - 9 out of 10 times you get way with it, but this time…

I feel like our teams before the last few years, would have lost this game. I think being able to make adjustments on defense and offense, that clearly turned the game, is a sign of growth for this program.

I’m actually very impressed. To see the adjustments they made at halftime was something we haven’t seen in a while. That’s huge and they dominated 2h. Sure they could have done that whole game but that’s not what matters. Winning matters
Score could have easily been 38-10. Didn’t finish two drives that ended in field goals instead of TDs. Those are things they can work on.

Clemson looked good today, but I think FSU is a little overrated. The LSU game really boosted their national attention. If Clemson plays to their full potential, it will take a perfect game for us to win. Stinks that Jones may not play. WRs looked better today, but I’m still slightly concerned with their production against a solid D. Here’s to hoping Clemson comes in flat and we punch them in the mouth early.

Didn’t Mcnabb get a stupid unsportsmanlike call for saluting after scoring a td against army? Might be an unspoken rule that you don’t taunt those guys or something. And I’m old
It was against Navy and he saluted the student section/band. I still had a photographic memory as a 12 yr old back then.

punched in da face first half. able to get off the canvas and rally but get out the smelling salts. we looked soft. and army's coaching staff don't get the whole 4th down thing. ok it works once in a while. you don't go for it every possession.4th and 8 ? playing with fire and they got burned. we'll take that W and march on. salute.

Last edited:
I was losing my mind watching them jog off the field and we hadn’t subbed. I mean I thought that was the rule. Did it change?
It had to have you’d think. No way the refs were that incompetent that they repeatedly kept messing up that rule, right?

Our game plan was insane and it produced possibly the most frustrating half of football I’ve ever seen.

Glad we fixed it.

Hopefully Clemson isn’t able to just run it all day on us. That has gotten old.
Hold the phone on that one lmao we’ve seen farrrrrrr farrrrrrrrrrrrrr worse half’s as Syracuse football fans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom