As the season comes to a close | Syracusefan.com

As the season comes to a close

SBU72

All Conference
I find that with "the ban" that I watch the games much more dispassionately. I don't groan or die with each missed shot/ft during crunch time. My heart rate stays barely raised as time winds down and SU fights to finish the game. Miss the passion but seems I am better to be around and sleep better after the games. An no "on the bubble anxiety" either. How about the rest of you.

I find that with "the ban" that I watch the games much more dispassionately. I don't groan or die with each missed shot/ft during crunch time. My heart rate stays barely raised as time winds down and SU fights to finish the game. Miss the passion but seems I am better to be around and sleep better after the games. An no "on the bubble anxiety" either. How about the rest of you.

yes, it is all about player development for me, has been since they were clearly an NIT team at best. That does change the do or die nature of cheering them on as normally we are trying to scratch and claw out every win to move up on the tournament seeding chart, I agree. I'm now more interested in how the program evolves from out of this down year, which is a different sort of drama, and one that doesn't include the higher immediate stakes of tournament success, so it's easier for me to walk away from the consequences of a loss too.

I still don't miss a game and still have the passion towards the program but I get you 100%. Every play on the court isn't do or die anymore and it's easy to just sit back and enjoy watching the guys play.

Like another poster said, at this point I'm all about the development and getting this team and who will be returning ready for next season.

Now I just laugh it off.

Ie, that travel they missed on Robinson. I mean...that was the single worst noncall I've ever seen given how blatant it was.

These games are like MLB in September callups. I still want to win games but want to see what all the players can do against good competition. I don't want to play guys and tank games but I want to see Joseph, Roberson, Johnson, Patterson all get minutes in the rotation.

SBU72 said:

Yea i feel the same. Losses dont hurt as much and wins dont feel as good. I find myself wavering and actually channel surfing during away games on tv. Its been a long year and i havent watched 1/20th the college basketball in general that i normally watch. Winter hell hasnt helped either

I find that with "the ban" that I watch the games much more dispassionately. I don't groan or die with each missed shot/ft during crunch time. My heart rate stays barely raised as time winds down and SU fights to finish the game.

You described me to a "tee" this year.

Better for your health too. I guess I have mellowed some over the years. Still very passionate about it, but a few losses doesn't get to me as much nore change anything. Now, if this was the Sweet 16, Elite 8, or FF, well maybe that's a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom