Ask a Gopher Fan (and receive legit responses) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ask a Gopher Fan (and receive legit responses)

Offensively how do you feel about NW as a comparison? I found a video of your clemson game and looks like you run similar sets on offense.

I haven't seen any MN fans predicting that, just pointing out that the running game is doing well in response to Cuse fans saying its not very good at all. Its just a discussion, not a prediction
Meh, I'll predict it since predictions on fan boards mean everything. Cobb goes for 115.

Offensively how do you feel about NW as a comparison? I found a video of your clemson game and looks like you run similar sets on offense.

Which NW team? They were all over the place this season. Off course so was our offense. We manage to score a lower amount of points most games compared to what our total yardage would have you believe.

Offensively we are similar to NW when Coulter was in the game (run first QB). We run out of the pistol a lot, did not call a lot of play action although it was pretty successful when we did. Our wide receivers are pretty average and had trouble getting separation. Our #1 receiver is a converted QB and our most common pass play is a wr screen for about 4-5 yards.

Our run game consistently gets 3-4 yards a play when Jerome is in with a couple long runs sprinkled in. When we had our two RF RB's in, we tended to get a 8-9 yard run or stuffed at the line.

As others have said, we tended to play pretty well against run first offenses as long as they did not have a QB who was a running threat. Clemson torched us in the pass game, NW torched us, FSU torched us, GT was an all around nightmare and that was about it. We held Pitt's passing game which was pretty good to a respectable amount. Spread offenses that had NFL offensive talent kicked our butts.

I'm just confused why you think your run defense is on the same level as michigan state's. There's no evidence of that.

We are clearly not the run defense that MSU is.

Minny will present a stiff challenge for the Orange on both sides of the ball.

OrangePA said:
We are clearly not the run defense that MSU is. Minny will present a stiff challenge for the Orange on both sides of the ball.

I don't think we're quite there - but the difference between us and MSU is in the secondary.

I think we will do to them what we did to BC. Decent - some tackles for loss, one or two 10-20 yard runs. I think it will be enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom