Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Makes up for Eduard not getting here. Kid has a great tape. Love his grades and high character comments from his coach. Out late signees used to be reaches with academic issues...this kid is neither.

If a reach is a 6-3, sub 4.5, smart, southern, athlete who needs to be coached up, I'll sign up to that every time.

Jake said:
Makes up for Eduard not getting here. Kid has a great tape. Love his grades and high character comments from his coach. Out late signees used to be reaches with academic issues...this kid is neither.

Yeah, tape on Edouard wasn't any better. This kid is an athlete...and a student.

Me happy.

I love this pick up. This kid has size and speed! He and Dungy can compete for the starting job and push each other. He has played wide receiver before, so if QB doesn't work out….I can see him playing WR. Man, is he fast!!!!! I also like our presence in Alabama!!!!

Yes, thank you Doyle.

I'm really hope he gets a solid shot at quarterback, but even if that doesn't work out this kid will be playing somewhere. You just don't have athletes with that size and speed. It's amazing in this day and age a talent like this would fall between the cracks. Great job uncovering this kid.

Couple notes.

First off I'm glad we landed this kid. Another in a seemingly recent trend of us signing good players after signing day ala Bromley, and West.

Second, no idea if he projects at QB since his form is RAW but he looks like an athlete that will earn serious PT at some position. He is shifty as anything and will be tough to tackle as he adds size/strength but while his acceleration is on point I doubt the 4.47 reported 40 time since very few run that out of HS and he appears to lack the top end speed requisite to obtaining that time. Nothing wrong with a 4.6 time but lets not annoint him Shamarko speed wise just yet. A bit of an unfair expectations out of the gate for the guy.

Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...12906-syracuse-felt-like-home-to-womack?s=185

Syracuse added to their 2015 class on Thursday as Luverne (Ala.) High quarterback Kenterius Womack committed and signed during his official visit. It’s been a whirlwind week for the 6-foot-3 athlete. After national signing day came and went without any offers from any level of college football, his phone started ringing off the hook earlier this week.
His head coach, Andre Parks, estimated that they fielded over 100 phone calls expressing interest in Womack. Ultimately, there were a few division one schools that expressed the most interest. One of the first to reach out was Syracuse, and they also got the first visit. It would be the only one he would need.
”Honestly it just felt like home,” Womack said. “I just loved it here. It was like I’ve been here. No one was pressuring me that I need to sign here, not even the coaches were pressuring me. It just felt like home so I knew I wanted to be here.”
While on the visit, a lot of things stood out. But maybe the biggest was when he went to eat with some of the coaches
”It was just walking around,” Womack said. “When we went out to eat, people already knew who I was. Somebody was like, ‘are you Kenterius? Nice to meet you!’ He already knew me and everybody was so friendly. It was crazy and it just felt like it was already home.
”The type of people they all are was big. It’s just a great school and it will open a lot of doors for me.”
With everything happening so fast, being able to bond with a coaching staff so
quickly can be difficult. However, he found it quite easy with the Syracuse coaches.

”I wouldn’t say important, but I would say it was thrilling to me,” Womack said. “Seeing how excited they were when I asked to sign the papers. It was great that they wanted me that bad.”
Another important part of the visit was spending time with his future teammates. He said feeling like he was already part of the program was critical in his final decision.
”I pretty much met all of the players,” Womack said. “I got to eat breakfast with them. I got to talk to all of them. They were all welcoming me with open arms. They were all saying how fun it was and how the people make a difference.”
The Luverne High standout also checked out Syracuse’s new indoor practice facility. It was another highlight of the trip.
”It’s a great facility,” Womack said. “It was really nice. I can’t wait to be putting in some work there.”

Womack is now focused on his career in Syracuse. He will arrive on campus over the summer with the rest of the 2015 class and look to pick up Tim Lester’s new offense as quickly as possible.
”Honestly, right now, I don’t know how I fit in,” Womack said. “I just know that I’m going to work hard so that I can be the guy one day. This year I’m going to learn a lot, take everything in and look up to T-Hunt (Terrel Hunt). Kind of take some things in from him and start running with it.”
In addition to finding a home for himself and providing financial relief for his parents, Womack was focused on what this decision means for his community back in Alabama.
”It’s big,” he said. “It’s really big. I’m just happy to be here. I never expected it to be like this. I’m just glad I’m able to make people back home happy.”
While saying goodbye for Womack and after thanking him for his time, his final words were an emphatic, “Go Orange!”

Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...12906-syracuse-felt-like-home-to-womack?s=185

Syracuse added to their 2015 class on Thursday as Luverne (Ala.) High quarterback Kenterius Womack committed and signed during his official visit. It’s been a whirlwind week for the 6-foot-3 athlete. After national signing day came and went without any offers from any level of college football, his phone started ringing off the hook earlier this week.
His head coach, Andre Parks, estimated that they fielded over 100 phone calls expressing interest in Womack. Ultimately, there were a few division one schools that expressed the most interest. One of the first to reach out was Syracuse, and they also got the first visit. It would be the only one he would need.
”Honestly it just felt like home,” Womack said. “I just loved it here. It was like I’ve been here. No one was pressuring me that I need to sign here, not even the coaches were pressuring me. It just felt like home so I knew I wanted to be here.”
While on the visit, a lot of things stood out. But maybe the biggest was when he went to eat with some of the coaches
”It was just walking around,” Womack said. “When we went out to eat, people already knew who I was. Somebody was like, ‘are you Kenterius? Nice to meet you!’ He already knew me and everybody was so friendly. It was crazy and it just felt like it was already home.
”The type of people they all are was big. It’s just a great school and it will open a lot of doors for me.”
With everything happening so fast, being able to bond with a coaching staff so
quickly can be difficult. However, he found it quite easy with the Syracuse coaches.

”I wouldn’t say important, but I would say it was thrilling to me,” Womack said. “Seeing how excited they were when I asked to sign the papers. It was great that they wanted me that bad.”
Another important part of the visit was spending time with his future teammates. He said feeling like he was already part of the program was critical in his final decision.
”I pretty much met all of the players,” Womack said. “I got to eat breakfast with them. I got to talk to all of them. They were all welcoming me with open arms. They were all saying how fun it was and how the people make a difference.”
The Luverne High standout also checked out Syracuse’s new indoor practice facility. It was another highlight of the trip.
”It’s a great facility,” Womack said. “It was really nice. I can’t wait to be putting in some work there.”

Womack is now focused on his career in Syracuse. He will arrive on campus over the summer with the rest of the 2015 class and look to pick up Tim Lester’s new offense as quickly as possible.
”Honestly, right now, I don’t know how I fit in,” Womack said. “I just know that I’m going to work hard so that I can be the guy one day. This year I’m going to learn a lot, take everything in and look up to T-Hunt (Terrel Hunt). Kind of take some things in from him and start running with it.”
In addition to finding a home for himself and providing financial relief for his parents, Womack was focused on what this decision means for his community back in Alabama.
”It’s big,” he said. “It’s really big. I’m just happy to be here. I never expected it to be like this. I’m just glad I’m able to make people back home happy.”
While saying goodbye for Womack and after thanking him for his time, his final words were an emphatic, “Go Orange!”

good job by all.

Another Free article...
http://syracuse.At their request, t...ry/1512937-coach-speak-kenterius-womack?s=185

Syracuse added to their 2015 class with Luverne (Ala.) High quarterback Kenterius Womack signed on Thursday during his official visit. His position coach, Andre Parks, believes Syracuse found themselves a gem.
”I think they got a huge steal,” Parks said. “The calls for him are still coming in. There’s probably been 10 or 12 big time division one schools that have called in the past day or two. What Syracuse did was got onboard early and established a relationship with him. A lot of it was over the phone.
”When they got him up on the visit, I think those guys did a good job in selling him not only what Syracuse could do athletically for him, but academically as well. In his words, he felt at home at Syracuse. He didn’t want to field any more calls or take any more visits. He felt at home. That’s what he decided to do. I think they got a huge steal.”
Womack’s highlight tape make it hard to believe he had no offers or interest until this week. According to Parks, he possesses a lot of skills that will make him a successful at the next level.
”Mobility is one of his biggest strengths,” Parks said. “He’s a guy that does a great job with the read-option. He’s a dual threat quarterback. He can run it and he can throw it. The thing that jumps out about him is his athleticism, but once you look at the film and look at him more, he’s a more than capable passer. He’s got accuracy and has good arm strength.
”He can throw the out route, he can throw the quick screens and the deep ball. He’s a quarterback that can do it all. If you’re in the right system, and I think he will be up at Syracuse, they’ll be able to utilize what he does best. He felt the same and that was a big reason why he wanted to sign there.”
A coaching change a few years ago led to Womack switching from wide receiver to quarterback. That was ultimately where he started to shine.
”When he was a freshman, we were an i-football team,” Parks said. “We ran the ball a lot. Our quarterback was a guy that turned around and handed the ball off a lot. When coach DuBose came, we went from that system to a spread system. We did a lot of read-option, screens, the quick game, and every now and then we would hit you with the deep ball.
”The thing he does is he’s very intelligent and does a good job of reading coverages pre-snap. I think where he has to work a little bit is his footwork and patience in the pocket. Although he does a good job throwing from the pocket, but in high school, being the type of runner that he is, when a play broke down he could just take off. In college, he’ll probably have to stay in the pocket a bit longer and make reads from the pocket.”
Parks thinks so highly of Womack that he believes comparing him to a former star in the Big East is an accurate representation of his skills.
”He’s a Pat White type,” Parks said. “I think what separates Kenterius from a lot of the mobile quarterbacks that we saw in high school is his passing ability. A lot of the guys that are as athletic as him and are able to run, sometimes they rely on their legs too much. They don’t stay with their reads.
”Kenterius, although he has the ability to hurt you with his legs, he can hurt you from the pocket. There were games where he would start 20-20 completions. Or he would be 15-16 or 15-17 from the pocket. That’s what separates him from other guys.”
While the recruiting process did not go as planned for Womack, in the end, it all worked out.
”I just talked to him a little bit ago,” Parks said. “He said he knows he slipped and he was upset about that. But if he could do it all again and sign on signing day, he wouldn’t change how it all worked out for him. He just believed that there was a reason that happened. Although none of it was his fault, it all worked out in the end.”

It's all hype and speculation at this point….but imagine if this kid turns into a Donovan McNabb type player for the Cuse? He could help attract some serious athletic skill players to the Cuse. Size and speed…we need more of both!

I was thinking he's a athlete that can throw at first but when I kept watching his film. I said wait a minute, maybe he is a thrower who happens to be a good athlete. Even if he doesnt win the QB job, he could get on the field at WR. I think he is a steal and Im excited about him.

money3189 said:
I was thinking he's a athlete that can throw at first but when I kept watching his film. I said wait a minute, maybe he is a thrower who happens to be a good athlete. Even if he doesnt win the QB job, he could get on the field at WR. I think he is a steal and Im excited about him.

The staff can correct a lot of his flaws. Not a huge deal.

You can't teach his intangibles.

Shhh, but I think we got a big steal.