Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance

Students showed up, it looks like.

Everyone else not so much

'85 - '89 got to see a year of the Pearl.. The NC run in 87, a Sugar Bowl, Hall of Fame bowl..
Those were the days my friend; we thought they'd never end.

I think we can go long term and say from 1987-2001 or so, Syracuse had an argument to being the best bball/football school out there. We were good in both sports every year, and sometimes great in each. Very few schools have been consistently good in both sports like Cuse was for a long time.

Maybe a lot of alums can't afford travel, hotels, and tickets because they shelled out a quarter mil for a degree.
Lol well you're already up to your eyeballs in debt so what's another qtr million ;)

I will be there but expect the place to be pretty empty. It obviously wont affect attendance by 5,000+ but why SU keeps changing this game to Friday night is beyond me. Screams small time, Saturday would at least allow you to get a bigger % of the fair crowd who went there during the day. For a team thats has played maybe 1 or 2 Sat night games the past 5+ years you would think SU would be thrilled to offer its fans a Sat night start.
Don't think game time was su's call

Don't think game time was su's call
Biggest thing that kept people away was knowing the dome would be a humid, hot, uncomfortable place that evening. I sat through the whole game, but sweat was running off me most of the time, not the greatest experience.

The first ten minutes i sat there like...ok i might be able to get used to this. Shortly after i turned to look at the group i was with and sweat was dripping down everyone's heads. Great game though. Time to update the Dome with A/C etc.

Two lawyers and the Chief Justice for the Supreme Court of the Northern district of NY.
Mom, her cousin (my second cousin), and her uncle (my great uncle).

My great uncle also grew up with Ernie Davis in Elmira and played football at Cuse with Floyd Little. Was roommates with Jim Nance at one point. Was also a war hero in Vietnam. He's got some awesome stories man.
Your great uncle is a good man, love shooting the stuff with him.

Did anybody catch that College Football Daily segment where they made fun of our crowd (lack thereof)? I felt bad for the SU grad host. National embarrassment, yay! :bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom