Babers to Arizona OC/QB Coach | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Babers to Arizona OC/QB Coach

Dino's major shortcomings are in game decision making, team discipline when it comes to penalties and recruiting a balanced roster. He's going to inherit a really nice QB/WR combo so he'll have that out of the gate (Dungey/Ish/Erv...having flashbacks here).

He won't be deciding when to kick or not or when to call timeouts so they'll have that in their favor. Be curious to see if Arizona turns into a penalty machine on offense. Once it comes down to him recruiting and developing a QB stable - best of luck to Arizona in that endeavor.

Good man. Hope this works out for him, but I’m a little doubtful that it will

Very happy for Dino.

Also -- is it bad when I saw Arizona I had to stop and think what conference they're in now? Realignment stinks
Eh...I couldn't figure out why a big deal was made about scheduling a non-conference game out west for UNLV when we already had Cal on the schedule. May take a while to get straight. Seems like Colorado is changing conferences more often than Army.

I wonder if the new AZ coach will let him talk to the media or be like Dino and not let assistants talk to the media. Are there any ACC-Big 12 bowl matchups where we could possibly play against him?

Dino's major shortcomings are in game decision making, team discipline when it comes to penalties and recruiting a balanced roster. He's going to inherit a really nice QB/WR combo so he'll have that out of the gate (Dungey/Ish/Erv...having flashbacks here).

He won't be deciding when to kick or not or when to call timeouts so they'll have that in their favor. Be curious to see if Arizona turns into a penalty machine on offense. Once it comes down to him recruiting and developing a QB stable - best of luck to Arizona in that endeavor.
I really like your frank take on Dino's tenure here, but I can't wrap my head around the animosity from some others. Sure, it seems the pressure got to Dino, and it showed during his tight-lipped pressers and sideline jitters. But no one since Coach P (and a little Marrone) could recruit O-linemen or D-linemen until Coach Fran came along and proved recruiting isn't about the snow. I never read any posts on this board that had any answers for our recruiting woes, and kicking our old coach just makes SU fans look lame. I also believed it was time for Dino to go, but I take no joy in it.
Since moving to Phoenix 3 years ago, I couldn't decide which local college team to cheer for. Now, I'm looking forward to attending some Arizona games in the future, along with my SU hat, tee shirt, and and a "la familia" attitude. Hope Wildhack schedules a home/away series out here!

I really like your frank take on Dino's tenure here, but I can't wrap my head around the animosity from some others. Sure, it seems the pressure got to Dino, and it showed during his tight-lipped pressers and sideline jitters. But no one since Coach P (and a little Marrone) could recruit O-linemen or D-linemen until Coach Fran came along and proved recruiting isn't about the snow. I never read any posts on this board that had any answers for our recruiting woes, and kicking our old coach just makes SU fans look lame. I also believed it was time for Dino to go, but I take no joy in it.
Since moving to Phoenix 3 years ago, I couldn't decide which local college team to cheer for. Now, I'm looking forward to attending some Arizona games in the future, along with my SU hat, tee shirt, and and a "la familia" attitude. Hope Wildhack schedules a home/away series out here!
I don’t wish him any ill will, but I do believe that after his big extension he didn’t have the fire that he did when he first arrived here. So maybe we’ll see a refreshed version of the 2016-2018 Dino at Arizona.

I don’t wish him any ill will, but I do believe that after his big extension he didn’t have the fire that he did when he first arrived here. So maybe we’ll see a refreshed version of the 2016-2018 Dino at Arizona.
Once he didn’t get a big west coast job he seemed to check out a bit. But that’s just my message board speculation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom