Baddest Alpha | Syracusefan.com

Baddest Alpha

GooseMutt

All Conference
we ever had? We’ve had so many stud players but who do you think had the biggest chip on his shoulder and played with an attitude.

Devo and DC come to mind for me.

Thoughts?

Alpha is such a stupid piece of terminology when it comes to basketball players. I hate it. It has zero to do with actual skill and ability.
i think alpha is dumb for "real life" situations but there's something about an overconfident a-hole mentality that translates to winning basketball...

Gotta throw John Wallace in the mix...that senior season he had especially the run in the tourney was amazing.

Seikaly always seemed to step up and play his best when going against a “better” center.

i think alpha is dumb for "real life" situations but there's something about an overconfident a-hole mentality that translates to winning basketball...

Gotta throw John Wallace in the mix...that senior season he had especially the run in the tourney was amazing.

We have had a lot of great players who didn’t say two words on the court. Some of whom won more games than the usual favorites brought up here. JMHO.

Dion Waiters knew he was better than everyone on the court and wasn’t shy about it.

But I’m not sure conversation can be had about alpha mentality’s without starting with Johnny Flynn calling iso against Rutgers

Dion Waiters knew he was better than everyone on the court and wasn’t shy about it.

But I’m not sure conversation can be had about alpha mentality’s without starting with Johnny Flynn calling iso against Rutgers

I thought it was quintessential Alpha Flynn when he drove the lane and missed a dunk against Oklahoma and the long rebound skipped past our other Alpha Guard (who failed to rotate back) which gave Blake Griffin a runout dunk opportunity. He didn't miss, which was pretty beta of him IMO.

I thought it was quintessential Alpha Flynn when he drove the lane and missed a dunk against Oklahoma and the long rebound skipped past our other Alpha Guard (who failed to rotate back) which gave Blake Griffin a runout dunk opportunity. He didn't miss, which was pretty beta of him IMO.
Blake Griffin was in another class of college athletes.

That said, had Johnny never gotten hurt I think he’d have a shot to be in conversation for top 5 greatest orange pros all time. Complete speculation, but Flynn was special.

Blake Griffin was in another class of college athletes.

That said, had Johnny never gotten hurt I think he’d have a shot to be in conversation for top 5 greatest orange pros all time. Complete speculation, but Flynn was special.

He was an extraordinary talent, I think. He was also his own coach, which didn't play so well at SU and went over even worse in the league. That's difficult to overcome for a young player, even a healthy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom