Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season | Syracusefan.com

Bailey article-Syracuse football offense used 1 cadence all of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/07/syracuse_football_offense_cadence.html

How is that possible? I mean how couldn't our OL coach freaking teach the kids not to jump offsides. Especially at home where there wouldn't be crowd noise? I give Lester credit(see TheCusian I do it when its deserved) for fixing this problem this offseason, but how the hell couldn't they fix this during the season last year. I know we had injuries but sorry D-1 OL should be able to practice this and fix it. This stuff is scary.

What exactly is the benefit of saying this now? This is nuts
The cynic in me says because Lester wants credit for fixing something, but doesn't realize it makes him look bad for not fixing it during the year last year and buries his OL coach as a bad. The positive in me says because our offense actually has varying tempos and isn't a one trick pony.

I agree with you on both ends. It's good he's finally addressing an issue, but there is zero reason to say this in public- especially when Lester was OC the 2nd half and Adam was, and is, still the OL coach. If it was an issue, fix it and maybe after 2015 mention the change.

danm dude keep your ignorant mouth shut-
we thought ole mcdonald had a flappy jaw- lester is trying to horn in on that rep

what in the world did this story accomplish other than telling he world we dont have anyone on offense with a friggin clue- yeah no one figured it out -lol what a moron

tomorrows story is about how we only ran to one side each week- one week left next week right- but lester and shafer thought no one on the opposing staffs would be able to figure that out either- had to because the oline wouldnt be able to remember what direction to go for each separate play

Last edited:
This might be the most embarrassing story I've ever seen regarding the coaching. Pop warner coaches can teach teams to vary the snap count. Either the story is total nonsense, or the coaching was abysmal.

the more i think about this the more baffled i am-

are we not a p-5 program -

do we not have enough money for assistants who actually have some level of skill?

is dr gross really that bad at hiring head coach's for the football program-

are adams and lester truly that incompetent?

are our linemen so dumb the school has to mark right and left on there shoes socks and tattoo it on there feet ?

this honestly baffles the mind-

if i was to have posted something like this last week i would have been called so many names for even suggesting it was possible-
you couldnt write this stuff

The coaching staff quit on the team last year if they knew this and because the OL couldn't stay onsides is why they never tried to fix it. Sorry I don't believe our OL with a bye week before Pitt and BC couldn't practice this and improve. Lester wants to score points here in this article and doesn't realize how bad it makes him and OL coach look.

Unless Bailey when talking to Lester did it innocently not realizing how the comments sounded and Bailey wrote this in a way to take his comments out of context. With that said I don't believe Bailey did that I just think Lester had no clue how this came off.

ridiculous.

and apparently, it only took 4 practices to fix. (which is still 5 too many at this level)

then why didnt you spend 4 days on it last year, dummy??

maybe...overwhelmed???

Last edited:
I think the situation is being misinterpreted. We resorted to using one cadence out of necessity (due to personnel changes forced by injuries), not incompetence of the coaching staff.

I think the situation is being misinterpreted. We resorted to using one cadence out of necessity (due to personnel changes forced by injuries), not incompetence of the coaching staff.
your gonna drown in the koolaid some day

all teams have injuries - this is more lazy and stupid

After seeing our offense last year, I don' t think it mattered one bit if the QB said, "one-two-three" every down.
Not sure if your serious, but if you are this inaccurate. If the DL knows the snap count never changes they get incredible jumps off the ball and blow plays up.

This actually hurts the OL because their opposing DL can push them back. It is always good to just mix it up to slow down the DL and can get the offense free plays.

You know how sometimes someone criticizes the coaches? And inevitably one of the replies goes down the "what have you ever coached / they see these guys every day / they know better" route?

Yeah, see sometimes coaches make terrible decisions, or are bad at their job.

You know how sometimes someone criticizes the coaches? And inevitably one of the replies goes down the "what have you ever coached / they see these guys every day / they know better" route?

Yeah, see sometimes coaches make terrible decisions, or are bad at their job.
How many games HAVE YOU WON?

Alsacs said:
How many games HAVE YOU WON?

Actually, not all that many less than our current staff, relatively speaking. ;)

Again, Adam never coached an OL in his life. His hire is so bad on paper that it is hard to fathom. The most or second most important position on the O and we have a guy who has never coached the position. Unreal

Again, Adam never coached an OL in his life. His hire is so bad on paper that it is hard to fathom. The most or second most important position on the O and we have a guy who has never coached the position. Unreal

maybe he stayed at the holiday inn

Lester comes across as an idiot in the article.

Let's go with one snap count because you don't think the offensive line will be able to stay onsides.

Also, I'm glad he finds all of this stuff "hilarious". I don't find it one bit hilarious that we won 3 games last year and I spent X number of dollars of my own disposable income - not to mention spare time - watching his offense use one cadence because he "thought" they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Unbelievable. This is close to as bad as the "F it" article.

I'm still amazed that other teams couldn't pick this up on tape. Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.