Basketball Only Fans (Please reply) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Basketball Only Fans (Please reply)

I live almost 2,500 miles away and I loathe flying. It takes a virtual act of God to even place me in the neighborhood during either season, let alone both ...

Last edited:
Top 2 reasons you attend basketball games but not football: (Only reply if you only do basketball seasons and/or only attend basketball please).

My senior year in college I could have went to the Nebraska game. Someone gave me free tickets. I choose to stay home and do laundry and homework. I didn't even turn on the game because I thought they would be crushed. In the Daily Orange they had a cartoon parody of the Police song "There's a little black spot on the field today."

And then there was a stampede down Euclid Avenue. I started to get a sense something profound had happened! I had fun celebrating even though I missed the game!!! My advice to any seniors at Syracuse this year attend the LSU game. You never know!!!

I am an SU fan in all sports but clearly favor basketball. I try to make one or two football games each year and maybe a lacrosse game. I typically make 3-4 basketball games that fall on weekends. I played a LOT of basketball, understand the game, and obviously have long been attracted to the winning SU program. I did not play football or lacrosse and have only an enlightened-fan understanding of the intricases of those sports. I love basketball but only like most other sports. My willingness to travel to games is thus influenced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom