Battle has emerged as a real force | Syracusefan.com

Battle has emerged as a real force

Flacusian

All Conference
Tyus has really come on strong in this later portion of the season. He is going to be "the guy" next year for this team. He has improved dramatically in all phases of his game in the last half of the season. I'm hoping he is around for 2 more years... but it would be highly unlikely if he continues along the curve he is currently on.

I've loved having dynamic 2 guards like Malachi and Tyus.

They do everything you can ask for from that position, offensively.

All I know is Lydon isn't and that's OK! Probably better for the team. I hope teams in the future pay extra and unnecessary help to Lydon to potentially open up things for Battle/White. This doesn't necessarily impact Lydon's pro potential which I do think is overhyped a bit.

He is arguably our most important player. The only one who can create his own shot consistently. When the offense is struggling then give him the ball, and he can do as he pleases. Kid is going to be great.

So was Mal before ncaas last yr...?
Mali was a McDonald's All-American and had more buzz around him all season. Battle would really have to go off in the tourney to get into the first round of the draft, which is deeper than last years.

Mali was a McDonald's All-American and had more buzz around him all season. Battle would really have to go off in the tourney to get into the first round of the draft, which is deeper than last years.
I think Battle has more upside than Mal, more athletic imo , i also suspect TB has been slightly hampered by foot injury (even a little more than has been discussed)

I think Battle has more upside than Mal, more athletic imo , i also suspect TB has been slightly hampered by foot injury (even a little more than has been discussed)
I think you have it right. Battle can hit shots and get into the lane, but more importantly, he has the intangibles to be a great defender in the league. He's a top 20 pick next year imo.

I think you have it right. Battle can hit shots and get into the lane, but more importantly, he has the intangibles to be a great defender in the league. He's a top 20 pick next year imo.

I hate to agree, but he's NBA ready. Hopefully he stays, and the GMs don't think so. He's a perfect 2 for the NBA.

I like his game better than Malachi and Waiters, personally. And I loved both those guys.

He is arguably our most important player. The only one who can create his own shot consistently. When the offense is struggling then give him the ball, and he can do as he pleases. Kid is going to be great.
I'd argue he's already great. He's big time.

Oh God, here we go again. Young player has a few great games late in the season, and now all these morons(the media) are going to talk about him going pro every chance they get.

Last edited:
If Tyus never gets the flu...no way we lose to Pitt or Louisville at home. Louisville was ripe for the picking that game. Battle sat a lot those games and did nothing when he was in there. He was playing great pre-flu and is playing great since getting healthy again. We'd have 2 more W's if he didn't get sick.

I like when JB has them clear/spread out and lets Battle get going downhill from somewhere up top. TB seems to make good plays out of it for himself and others. It gets his defender on his heels and ends up forcing another defender to slide over as he gets near the lane, which tends to lead to a foul or an And1 opportunity when Battle continues to the hoop aggressively. Hes also shown the ability to stop and pop while doing this, from the three point line and from 15. When he's kicked it out, it has led to some open looks for others, even if not on his initial pass.

Shaping up to what might be, one of my most favorite players ever to play on the hill.

I like when JB has them clear/spread out and lets Battle get going downhill from somewhere up top. TB seems to make good plays out of it for himself and others. It gets his defender on his heels and ends up forcing another defender to slide over as he gets near the lane, which tends to lead to a foul or an And1 opportunity when Battle continues to the hoop aggressively. Hes also shown the ability to stop and pop while doing this, from the three point line and from 15. When he's kicked it out, it has led to some open looks for others, even if not on his initial pass.

Shaping up to what might be, one of my most favorite players ever to play on the hill.

Yup. He can finish at the rim, has a great pull-up jumper, can pass, and has good body control and instincts and avoids the charges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom