BE 6th best conference...uh what? | Syracusefan.com

BE 6th best conference...uh what?

The Mountain West ranked ahead of the Big East? The league with ZERO ranked teams? The one that lists a win over middle of the pack in the Big East as a good win? COME ON!! That's taking a stance with absolutely no merit.

The league looks down this year, but 6th seems pretty ridiculous.

The bottom seven are looking pretty bad right now, with ND, Nova, St. John's and Cincy having slow starts.
But I think it's early in the year and we'll rise to 2nd at least. Gotta give (for now) the BiG credit as best.

The Mountain West ranked ahead of the Big East? The league with ZERO ranked teams? The one that lists a win over middle of the pack in the Big East as a good win? COME ON!! That's taking a stance with absolutely no merit.

It's based on RPI rankings, not opinion.

FWIW though, its hard to make significant RPI moves at the conference level once conference play begins. The BE could struggle to crack the top 4 this year.

the bottom of the big east is that bad

Big east is the weakest its been in a few years, we should dominate.

comical. amazed people would hire people like this

By the latest RPI, the BE is in fact the 6th best conference, behind the B1G, ACC, Big XII, SEC, and Mountain West. Pac12 is 9th. As Poppy said, it will be difficult to improve on that very much.

FWIW though, its hard to make significant RPI moves at the conference level once conference play begins.
Correct. Not many OOC games vs. BCS level teams remain on schedules.

Big east is the weakest its been in a few years, we should dominate.

1st, 6th, or 15th in the RPI, that conference ranking doesn't make Louisville, Connecticut, or Pittsburgh any more beatable. We'll have our hands full with a lot of conference teams.

It's funny that VCU is counted as a Quality Non-Conference win for 3 teams... (Seton Hall, Alabama, and GT).

Those are 3 horrible teams. Not sure VCU is worthy of that title anymore.

The Big East sucks. The ACC is a much better conference with Syracuse, Duke, UNC, and Pitt.

The Big East sucks. The ACC is a much better conference with Syracuse, Duke, UNC, and Pitt.

+1 :)

Im still for Syracuse making a push to become a state school and to extend its borders some day. Give all NYState fans their football basketball and lax to root for.

+1 :)

Im still for Syracuse making a push to become a state school and to extend its borders some day. Give all NYState fans their football basketball and lax to root for.
If you think the BE is bad basketball, try playing in the SUNYAC if that happens :rolling:

Sagarin ratings (which have a mathematical basis as opposed to the made up formulas of the RPI), has the BE as #3. No doubt because it has Marquette (1), SU (3) and Louisville (5) in the top 5. Estimate 6 NCAA bids based on these rankings, adding Pitt, UConn and Seton Hall.

Sagarin has the ACC as #6, helped no doubt by BC at #282. (Utah is #330 (!), next worst BCS team is Iowa at 228. St. John's (225) and Rutgirls (226) are hurting us.

outside the top 5-6 teams i think the conference is pretty bad (and some of the top 5-6...i.e. yukon, gtown, pitt have some big question marks).

Pretty good: UConn, Louisville
Decent: Georgetown, Marquette
Meh: Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Villanova
I just vomited a little in my mouth: DePaul, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, South Florida

Pretty good: UConn, Louisville
Decent: Georgetown, Marquette
Meh: Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Villanova
I just vomited a little in my mouth: DePaul, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, South Florida
Either Providence or Seton Hall (and maybe both) will switch spots with Notre Dame.

And, where are Pitt and WVa?

Either Providence or Seton Hall (and maybe both) will switch spots with Notre Dame.

And, where are Pitt and WVa?
I think he left the 3 defectors out intentionally...

Its a joke for the sec which lost the head to head 8-4 when marquette wasn't even involed to be ahead of us. Replace the 3 worst teams St Johns, Rutgers, DePaul with Notre Dame loses to Kentucky, Villanova wins at home against Ole Miss, and marquette at Miss st wins. DePaul almost beat Ole Miss.

Rutgers to Princeton (Dec. 7).

is listed as a bad loss.

Is that really a "bad loss"? It's basically a home game for either team...and Rutgers traditionally sucks, while Princeton is usually pretty good in their conference, and a regular tournament entrant. And Princeton's RPI is 209 to Rutgers 246.

This is a ed comment.

I know the RPI is pretty flawed this early in the year, but if your RPI is 246, I'm not sure you can have bad losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom