Beamer Ball to end... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Beamer Ball to end...

Czar said:
Virginia Tech. Calm down, you sound paranoid.

Misread the post. But I guarantee if Shafer gets another year, people will turn on Coyle. Same if there is a new coach and it's not the coach du jour's people are calling for.

Good luck in retirement, Frank. You used morally questionable recruits and a Charmin-like schedule as well as any coach in recent memory.
You should be an obituary writer.

I would think so. In comparison with the rest of the ACC im we are probably right in the middle. I think the ACC is behind the rest of the country as a whole, so in comparison to the rest of the country we are probably slightly below average, but we play in the ACC so that's all that really matters. Just my opinion.

So then are you saying that simply because we are now in the ACC for just a few years our recruiting should be on par with the other teams that have been in our conference for many, many more years... some since conception of the ACC?

Misread the post. But I guarantee if Shafer gets another year, people will turn on Coyle. Same if there is a new coach and it's not the coach du jour's people are calling for.
I read it the same way you did.

Exactly. Coyle will own this is the staff is back next year. Depending on Coyle's style, I think he might sit down with Shafer and force some staff changes. That is the only middle ground I can see.
Of course, if we win a couple more and are not totally embarrassed by Clemson the tide will change.

What bothers me is that I am not sure there is enough self examination going on. Watching Scott answer Bailey's questions about the time out, I got the impression that when Stephen asked his follow up about letting time run off before calling it, he had no real answer. I got the impression that was the first time he thought about it. Really left me wondering.

Exactly. Coyle will own this is the staff is back next year. Depending on Coyle's style, I think he might sit down with Shafer and force some staff changes. That is the only middle ground I can see.
Of course, if we win a couple more and are not totally embarrassed by Clemson the tide will change.

What bothers me is that I am not sure there is enough self examination going on. Watching Scott answer Bailey's questions about the time out, I got the impression that when Stephen asked his follow up about letting time run off before calling it, he had no real answer. I got the impression that was the first time he thought about it. Really left me wondering.

Excatly, there was a proper course of action that could have been carried out that would have been a win win in that situation and I am afraid he never even considered it. The goal should have been to score a TD with 10 seconds left on the clock. Clock management was huge there and he blew it big time

I thought you were convinced he's back. What changed btw last week and FSU? I mean that was a no brainer loss. That's interesting if you think there is a shot he's not back.

Good luck in retirement, Frank. You used morally questionable recruits and a Charmin-like schedule as well as any coach in recent memory.

That same morally questionable recruit that almost went to Syracuse or his more questionable brother? I'd live w Vick if it didn't mean 10 years of College football prison

That same morally questionable recruit that almost went to Syracuse or his more questionable brother? I'd live w Vick if it didn't mean 10 years of College football prison

Vick is just one of dozens.

How come? (just curious)

I just dislike that program--have for a long time, for a multitude of reasons. Their fans are also obnoxious, entitled DBags.

A question for Mets fans in this thread. Do you see some of Scott Shafer in Terry Collins. They look vaguely alike. Both are very emotional and people like them for that but their understanding of some of the subtleties of the game seems kind of fuzzy.

Shafer:
15683264-standard.jpg

Collins:
terry-collins-snarky.jpg

I hate to see long careers come to an end at a low point but it seems like that's the case more often than not. But it's Frank. so I'll get over it.

CuseLegacy said:
So then are you saying that simply because we are now in the ACC for just a few years our recruiting should be on par with the other teams that have been in our conference for many, many more years... some since conception of the ACC?

No. I'm saying our facilities are on par with the rest of the ACC.

And to think a statue will not be far behind for a coach who started out his career at Virginia Tech with his first 6 seasons at 24-40-2 (.379 winning percentage).

And then went on to become 6th all-time in FBS career victories. Of course he deserves a statue on that campus.

And then went on to become 6th all-time in FBS career victories. Of course he deserves a statue on that campus.
hopefully he doesn't get a statue on that campus because statues of football people is stupid

hopefully he doesn't get a statue on that campus because statues of football people is stupid

How come? National exposure for a sports team can have huge benefits overall for a University.

Just off the top of my head, I know that enrollment applications skyrocketed at Butler after their Final Fours.

How come? National exposure for a sports team can have huge benefits overall for a University.

Just off the top of my head, I know that enrollment applications skyrocketed at Butler after their Final Fours.
?

i'm saying statues are stupid.

did butler build a statue of 5 idiots tackling a dribbler with refs looking away? if so, i still wouldn't credit their application increase to the statue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom