Been chewing on stainless steel... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Been chewing on stainless steel...

They'll play at 4:15 ET tomorrow, sounds like. Opponent TBD.

Moten still has it. Strong close of the game for him.
Or Moton, as the Stretch stats lists him. :rolleyes:

upload_2015-7-18_20-55-28.png

Going forward, I wonder if this team can win the tourney. They don't have any kind of interior post offense. Hopefully they can get Donte and Rick the Ruler back for next weekend if they advance.

Pearl appeared to be in sort of a moral support type role on the bench.

Player grades from memory not seeing a box score, having slideshow coverage in the first half, etc:

Devo: B+. Seemed pretty much like old-school Devo. Hit some threes got to the rim seemingly anytime he wanted on the break. Missed a layup or two. Played token defense.

Roberts: A. Again, classic Roberts. Lots of energy hit a bunch of shots, actually hit a three-point shot. And was a big factor underneath.

Keita: C. Didn't really seem to do a whole heck of a lot. He wasn't rebounding at a rate like I thought he would in a game like this. Had a block or two in the second half. Had a nice and one at one point. He'll need to be a little more effective offensively if they advance and don't get Rick Jackson back.

Nichols: A+. Nichols was en fuego, he was awesome the whole game. Hitting three-pointers step back's driving to the basket. He just looked better than anyone else on the court.

Warrick: C. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with Warrick. I'm wondering if he has lost that bounciness that made him such an elite player. He really didn't do anything tremendously notable, just seem to float around. Got a few rebounds did a few things but not the Warrick I remember seeing. Hopefully he'll have more activity in the future games. Strange to see him play a game and not have any dunks. The other team actually blocked one of his shots in the first half!

Mookie: F. It was vintage Mookie. My goodness he played probably three minutes and had four fouls. I don't think he scored. Just, well... Mookie.

Moten: A. Dude coached one heckuva game. No not really, who am I kidding. He subbed himself in with two minutes to go in the game well in hand and proceeded to be Moten just like we all remember, smooth moves, hit a couple shots, looks like can move in slow motion and still beat anybody, it was awesome.

1. What is this tournament
2. How old is molten?
3. Who is this dean character

Moten: A. Dude coached one heckuva game. No not really, who am I kidding. He subbed himself in with two minutes to go in the game well in hand and proceeded to be Moten just like we all remember, smooth moves, hit a couple shots, looks like can move in slow motion and still beat anybody, it was awesome.

This was my biggest takaway from the game. Moten came in and controlled things, looked like he could have scored 20 without trying in that game. He hit an extremely difficult baseline 360 spin jumper and then victimized some one for a steel and layup on the next play.

Last edited:
1. What is this tournament
2. How old is molten?
3. Who is this dean character
Read the Syracuse Hoops Alumni team thread that has been pinned to the top of this forum for more than three months for all your answers. (Well, ,maybe not for Moten's age. Based on his being in the class of 1995, I would guess he is in his early 40's).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom