Been chewing on stainless steel... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Been chewing on stainless steel...

Warrick: C. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with Warrick. I'm wondering if he has lost that bounciness that made him such an elite player. He really didn't do anything tremendously notable, just seem to float around. Got a few rebounds did a few things but not the Warrick I remember seeing. Hopefully he'll have more activity in the future games. Strange to see him play a game and not have any dunks. The other team actually blocked one of his shots in the first half!

Sounds like his NBA game, floating around until he can find a seam to slash through. His game changed considerably as he went from PF at SU with a back to the basket, posting up on the blocks game to more of a slasher in the NBA. He just didn't have the strength to bang with NBA PFs, and maybe he will leave that up to TRob and Keita on this team too.

Unfortunately I missed todays game. In LA visiting my son and daughter in law, and shopping in the pouring rain. I was here in May and today and it poured both times. I think the state can hire me to keep visiting the beach and the drought will be over before they know it. Seriously does not rain for days except when I am there.
Back to the game, I hope to catch next weeks game. I was really looking forward to this.

Past games are viewable anytime for free on the site linked in the first post. Just click On Demand and you can find the recorded games.

image.jpg

(sorry)

Last edited:
This seems like a fun event. I went through the brackets and looked at some rosters. Some big names of former college stars. A few upsets and 1 seeds gone already. It would be interesting to see our squad vs say Overseas Elite, the 3 seed in the South comprised of a much younger roster generally...
  • Paris Horne
  • Matt Morrison
  • Errick McCollum II
  • Myck Kabongo
  • DJ Kennedy
  • Kyle Fogg
  • Shane Lawal
  • Travis Bader
  • Todd O'Brien
  • Jhondre Jefferson
  • Drew Morrison

Missing today's game also. Will be driving back to AZ. Glad I can stream later.

Player grades from memory not seeing a box score, having slideshow coverage in the first half, etc:

Devo: B+. Seemed pretty much like old-school Devo. Hit some threes got to the rim seemingly anytime he wanted on the break. Missed a layup or two. Played token defense.

Roberts: A. Again, classic Roberts. Lots of energy hit a bunch of shots, actually hit a three-point shot. And was a big factor underneath.

Keita: C. Didn't really seem to do a whole heck of a lot. He wasn't rebounding at a rate like I thought he would in a game like this. Had a block or two in the second half. Had a nice and one at one point. He'll need to be a little more effective offensively if they advance and don't get Rick Jackson back.

Nichols: A+. Nichols was en fuego, he was awesome the whole game. Hitting three-pointers step back's driving to the basket. He just looked better than anyone else on the court.

Warrick: C. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with Warrick. I'm wondering if he has lost that bounciness that made him such an elite player. He really didn't do anything tremendously notable, just seem to float around. Got a few rebounds did a few things but not the Warrick I remember seeing. Hopefully he'll have more activity in the future games. Strange to see him play a game and not have any dunks. The other team actually blocked one of his shots in the first half!

Mookie: F. It was vintage Mookie. My goodness he played probably three minutes and had four fouls. I don't think he scored. Just, well... Mookie.

Moten: A. Dude coached one heckuva game. No not really, who am I kidding. He subbed himself in with two minutes to go in the game well in hand and proceeded to be Moten just like we all remember, smooth moves, hit a couple shots, looks like can move in slow motion and still beat anybody, it was awesome.
By the way, Moten coached the Rochester Razorsharks last year

By the way, Moten coached the Rochester Razorsharks last year

I know, I wasn't digging on his coaching chops, it's just not what I tuned in to see.

Going forward, I wonder if this team can win the tourney. They don't have any kind of interior post offense. Hopefully they can get Donte and Rick the Ruler back for next weekend if they advance.

How is that possible with Warrick out there? Didn't he go for 20 points a game his senior year in college playing primarily an interior post role?

How is that possible with Warrick out there? Didn't he go for 20 points a game his senior year in college playing primarily an interior post role?

I don't know, maybe they'll play differently but nobody was posting up and Warrick wasn't hugely involved. He's an older dude now and didn't display the springs like he used to have.

Getting Jackson and Greene back would be nice. I'm kinda sad Keita is playing this poorly against this level of competition.

Anybody getting anything on today's stream yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom