Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.
I think too many people got wind of what the plan is within the AD and now people are backtracking to cover their own arse.

Haha. Anything is possible. But I still believe an announcement is coming very soon. I do not believe Boeheim would be the type to announce that he staying for an additional year. When he leaves, he leaves. But, you never know.

Everything that I’ve heard points to an announcement very soon that he is stepping down and Red is taking over. Could it be that he announces he staying for one year and Red takes over in 2024? Possible, but it does not jive with what I believe would be his exit strategy.
Agree we will know before March 13th. No doubt. (unless we win the ACC tourney). What to keep an eye on is this... Once cuse loses, a reporter is going to ask JB if he is coming back next season. Curious how he answers that question. Hang tight comrades

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.
Somehow I think that is the worst possible option. And there are plenty of bad options here. Lol

Of course.

This would be the most Cuse thing ever.

#goSUAD! :rolleyes:

And a farewell tour other schools, esp in the ACC, could care less about.
however you can hit the portal hard and tell potential players like JJ, "do you want to cement yourself in syracuse basketball history and be that guy that puts Syrcause back in the NCAA tourney for a legendary coach?" then once team is formed for 23-24, autry can focus on 24 and beyond recruits

however you can hit the portal hard and tell potential players like JJ, "do you want to cement yourself in syracuse basketball history and be that guy that puts Syrcause back in the NCAA tourney for a legendary coach?" then once team is formed for 23-24, autry can focus on 24 and beyond recruits

4 or 5 years ago sure...

Haha. Anything is possible. But I still believe an announcement is coming very soon. I do not believe Boeheim would be the type to announce that he staying for an additional year. When he leaves, he leaves. But, you never know.

Everything that I’ve heard points to an announcement very soon that he is stepping down and Red is taking over. Could it be that he announces he staying for one year and Red takes over in 2024? Possible, but it does not jive with what I believe would be his exit strategy.
Yes

That ain't much of a sales pitch :)

Easily the worst possible outcome - and one that would make little sense.

Well if the goal is to tear it all to the ground and set your successor up for failure, this would be the call.

Not gonna lie... I am expecting this to end poorly... it's just a question of how bad.

What you’re missing is that people are saying Judah may be more likely to return if Red is the head coach. I think these players respect JB but don’t like playing 100 percent zone and want some changes. And you know JB ain’t changin the zone or much of anything. It sounds like Red wants to play man to man and some zone and will hit the portal hard. Plus Red was Judah’s primary recruiter.

I’m doubtful the ‘switch everything m2m’ we play, aka zone, factors into many of the players’ decisions. It might, I just don’t know why it would. I mean, we’re mostly dealing with players we know aren’t going to be in plus matchups when it comes to on-ball defense.

But if Mintz likes Red and that switch wouldn’t cause him to leave, then I’m cool with that. I don’t think Red’s style will change from Boeheim’s much, which I’m in favor of. I like the idea of some continuity in the program. I like the idea of getting some transfers (I’m opposed to relying on transfers year-over-year), too.

If he’s going to play multiple defenses, it either needs to be all m2m or primarily zone with m2m mixed in. M2M with zone mixed in won’t work. As we’ve seen over the decades, the zone takes time to learn and run well. If we’re just mixing it in as a trunk monkey like every basic JV coach, it won’t work, so it’s better to just not do it, imo.

Circling back to the portal, if Boeheim is staying one more year, my assumption is that Red (assuming he’s the replacement) will have full recruiting control right away, if that’s not already the case. JB wouldn’t have much/any reason to get in Red’s way.

And a farewell tour other schools, esp in the ACC, could care less about.

The farewell tour nobody wants including JB. Seems if Red it the hire it wouldn't be out of the question to have a JB night next year to honor him for all he has done.

tumblr_mmih24SiZO1rg0lgoo1_500.gif

Agree we will know before March 13th. No doubt. (unless we win the ACC tourney). What to keep an eye on is this... Once cuse loses, a reporter is going to ask JB if he is coming back next season. Curious how he answers that question. Hang tight comrades
It's always possible that when he answers that inevitable question that he isn't entirely truthful.

We talking about a Nokia flip phone?

In the world of mobile tech, most message board sites are inefficient, even their mobile versions. It works ok, it's time consuming to sort between threads unless you have tons of free time. Otherwise works great.

That has nothing to do with those who run our site. Xenforo is one of the best available out there. Money is all invested in social media as the primary platform though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom