Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

If you have a losing streak to Colgate your key to the office shouldn’t work the next day. Coming back the next season shouldn’t even be a discussion.

“If you lose to a NCAAT team two seasons in a row…”

That way of thinking is a nice way to get a new HC every few seasons.

Yes. All NCAAT teams are equal. Thank you for pointing that out.

That’s a weird leap you made.

So, in a vacuum, you agree that losing to a midmajor conference winner, or a team of that caliber (so, a mid-low level major conference team) twice should get a coach fired? If you do, then you agree that 9/10 coaches should be fired every few seasons.

If that is the actual call and JB is brought back and Red is named coach in waiting then Red should look at how this worked out the previous time and leave as soon as he can. If he needs reference he can call Hop and ask about replacement plans and how well they work out.

So, in a vacuum, you agree that losing to a midmajor conference winner, or a team of that caliber (so, a mid-low level major conference team) twice should get a coach fired? If you do, then you agree that 9/10 coaches should be fired every few seasons.
9 out of 10?

I hope you’re right. The best shot to right the ship is for Boeheim to go out the right way. He needs to set the table for the next guy. Convince players to stay and build on what we have is the way. For those who say he is inflexible, you’re right to a degree. However he has expanded the bench, rests everybody, and played some man.
As someone with a reputation for being a JB apologist, I appreciate the sentiment and agree…

…Except this is going out the right way. The table has been set. Autry can handle player retention and take it from here.

1678216752236.gif

If the entirety of the roster returns (excluding Joe and Edwards), I do believe one more year of JB is our best chance of winning. If we lose several of our freshmen, we really should move on.

9 out of 10?

How many coaches do you think don’t lose to teams of the caliber of Colgate (the last two season) multiple years in a row?

All but the most prestigious top 5 or 10 programs have losses like that regularly.

Colgate would finish in the top half of the [down] ACC this year. So the original point that losing to an average-good team 2 seasons in a row is grounds to be fired is unrealistic.

How many coaches do you think don’t lose to teams of the caliber of Colgate (the last two season) multiple years in a row?

All but the most prestigious top 5 or 10 programs do that regularly.

Colgate would finish in the top half of the [down] ACC this year.

Based on what? Losing to UB? Getting run out of the gym by a pedestrian Auburn team? We’re probably the best team they beat and we stink.

All but the most prestigious top 5 or 10 programs have losses like that regularly.

Colgate would finish in the top half of the [down] ACC this year. So the original point that losing to an average-good team 2 seasons in a row is grounds to be fired is unrealistic.
Are you Brian Harrison?

Based on what? Losing to UB? Getting run out of the gym by a pedestrian Auburn team? We’re probably the best team they beat and we stink.

Based on Kenpom

Patriot League record in the NCAA tournament since forming in 1991: 3-31

From the P5? Not many.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jim Boeheim pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Well, I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who heard from another…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom