Benny and Q coming up on radio at 11am. | Syracusefan.com

Benny and Q coming up on radio at 11am.

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
1F2272BB-1EF8-40F3-802D-747F57DB348C.jpeg

As I just said, that is coming from people that think Judah will really impress the NBA scouts. There might be a gap between that and reality. Then again, there might not be.

True. I think the NCAA needs to re think the portal window better. To me it should open later and be closer to the window of time where kids are coming out of draft evaluation . This for both the kids and the schools.

As I just said, that is coming from people that think Judah will really impress the NBA scouts. There might be a gap between that and reality. Then again, there might not be.
Do you know if Judah has a set draft plan in place? Like guaranteed first round or he’s back or is he okay with falling to the second round as long as it’s guaranteed money? I don’t see him going first round this year but could see him moving up to early second round and then having a tough decision to make. Im hoping he wants guaranteed first but with the recent changes and appeal of second round contracts I’m thinking there’s a chance he might still leave.

Benny on Judah: "I don't think he's coming back. Once he gets in two on two drills and gets the chance to flourish in front of scouts, I don't think he's coming back."
FdeMVuNXgAExi-U.jpg

Benny on Judah: "I don't think he's coming back. Once he gets in two on two drills and gets the chance to flourish in front of scouts, I don't think he's coming back."
Benny also thought he was a star, should’ve played the three and shouldn’t have sat.

I’m not really sure where there’s a jump to the conclusion Judah isn’t coming back b/c Benny said he would wow scouts in 2 on 2 drills. As someone said above, what’s he going to say. He said exactly what you’d expect him to say. It’s almost 100% meaningless in regards to whether NBA teams rank him highly moving forward or whether Judah does officially enter the draft.

I do think 2 on 2 would suit his game well. Other than shooting (which improved), meeting 2 or 3 guys at the basket was a weakness. A lot of his shots at the rim would get sent into the seats in the NBA. That won't show up in 2 on 2. He was also great at playing a 2 man offense with Jesse.

I do think 2 on 2 would suit his game well. Other than shooting (which improved), meeting 2 or 3 guys at the basket was a weakness. A lot of his shots at the rim would get sent into the seats in the NBA. That won't show up in 2 on 2. He was also great at playing a 2 man offense with Jesse.

The physicality of a big walling up and he not getting a call will be his struggle at that level at first. That won't last long though ad we saw him adjust and figure it out as the season progressed.

in college he got even with many guys going down hill, he did not get by many guys.. in the NBA if you cant get by them you need to be able to shoot in that last 3-5 ft. Can he show that he can finish without getting to the rim when every guard will be bigger/better than most everyone he saw in college and all the teams have multiple elite bigs who can block shots..

scouts will have to figure that out.

in college he got even with many guys going down hill, he did not get by many guys.. in the NBA if you cant get by them you need to be able to shoot in that last 3-5 ft. Can he show that he can finish without getting to the rim when every guard will be bigger/better than most everyone he saw in college and all the teams have multiple elite bigs who can block shots..

He got by a lot of guys this past year. He just often met a help defender and had to learn to be better in distribution.

Taking the cuse bball out if his profile meant everything. Even though many want to believe it means nothing.
I also thought that wasn't great, but a lot of people downplay the social media stuff. When you want something to be true you tend to find signs that it's true, and that's probably what this explanation is, but it's possible scouts didn't think he was serious about the draft and that he intended to return to Cuse, so he was cleaning little things up to put together the general picture that he's serious about the nba this year. I'm honestly a little surprised that he doesn't show up on most mock drafts in the second round, and I wonder if people think he's just feeling it out but intends to return for another year. Hopefully Red finds out soon.

No matter how we interpret Benny's words (i.e. they're boys of course he hyped him up vs. it means he's gone), we can take one thing away from his statement with absolute certainty: Judah still doesn't know what he's doing, there's no secret behind-the-scenes plan that he's definitely coming back, and he's not telling Red that he'll probably be back. It sounds like it's truly up in the air. I was hopeful he was telling Red he just wanted to check out the process so he knows what to expect next year and to expect him back, but that appears not to be the case.

He didn’t get by many guys?? Are you talking about the Mintz that played at SU? His ability to consistently get by guys and force rotation help is the primary ability that will get him drafted.

He didn’t get by many guys?? Are you talking about the Mintz that played at SU? His ability to consistently get by guys and force rotation help is the primary ability that will get him drafted.
I think you confuse getting by people, and running at people out of control. Why did he have to force so many shots up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom