Benny...... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Benny......

I was at the game today, Benny seems checked out. Was never anywhere near the huddle in timeouts. Terrible body language and attitude. I’m sure it’s not helping his cause with Boeheim. Not feeling good about his outlook at SU.

I was at the game today, Benny seems checked out. Was never anywhere near the huddle in timeouts. Terrible body language and attitude. I’m sure it’s not helping his cause with Boeheim. Not feeling good about his outlook at SU.
Sad

Listen his relationship with JB is awful. They are at odds all the time. I’m surprised he’s here this year. I do not expect him on the team next year if JB is the coach

And it it’s not Boeheim’s fault. Jimmy has given him every chance. Tonight’s body language and shutting down and not pulling for the team was awful.

Cuse

Listen his relationship with JB is awful. They are at odds all the time. I’m surprised he’s here this year. I do not expect him on the team next year if JB is the coach

What is your take on what that means for the rest of the guys? Does that blow things up?

And if he’d just listen to Jim and do what he says then Benny would be the best version of himself. I wholeheartedly believe this. There’s plenty to criticize Jim about, especially lately, but without a doubt his best attribute as a coach is knowing how to best utilize a player.

Brown gets layups and dunks. Benny mostly misses contested 16 footers.
And gets his dribble poked away when he tries to do that.
So he's not a good shooter, can't dribble but thinks he has SF skills when he doesn't. This is a Benny problem not a JB failure, other than he can't get him to transition to being a PF. He's given him a lot of rope compared to say Jalen Carey as a PG

He’s had more than enough chances to improve play. He has not not. He is more than welcome to find a better situation.

No. Benny is very quiet and not a waiters type anger person with blowups. He shuts down. I think he’s just ready to go. He thought this year would be different and would play a lot but he’s not playing well enough to play

Gotcha. Really just hope he finds success somewhere at least.

Brown seems to have great hands and knows his limitations.... he's a inside player who pairs well with Edwards as both are good passers for big men. Brown is just a better fit for what Syracuse needs right now...they'll be moments for Bennie but l don't think there will be enough of them to keep him here.

Now that we’re at this point in the season and we see what Brown is and does.

Does ANYONE believe JB was telling the truth that Benny was the best forward at practice still?

And tbf to JB, he was clearly covering for Benny and trying to motivate him.

It pretty much a dead end at this point

No. Benny is very quiet and not a waiters type anger person with blowups. He shuts down. I think he’s just ready to go. He thought this year would be different and would play a lot but he’s not playing well enough to play
He came into the game playing 26 mpg. It’s been dropping, but he’s still gotten a lot of minutes overall. 4th most on the team and almost twice as many as Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom