Best dunks by SU player? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Best dunks by SU player?

Wes Johnson had an insanely clean one handed dunk off a very high and fairly difficult alley oop pass from Rautins. He made it look way too easy and my goodness that dudes hops in general were just silly. Couldn't find a video of just the single highlight but this video shows it very briefly at 1:15.
Oooo... Silky.

Wes Johnson had an insanely clean one handed dunk off a very high and fairly difficult alley oop pass from Rautins. He made it look way too easy and my goodness that dudes hops in general were just silly. Couldn't find a video of just the single highlight but this video shows it very briefly at 1:15.

The best alley-oop dunks are off horrendous passes. Gbinije to Roberson, Rautins to Wes. Donte Greene rescued a bad pass from someone with a similar dunk as well.

John Wallace against Rhode Island in Hawaii his SR, jumping over Preston Murphy for a tomahawk is one of the most underappreciated 'Cuse dunks of all time.

Best Warrick dunk I ever saw was when he was in high school. Coming down on a fastbreak he jumped into the air about 2 feet inside of the foul line to try a one-handed tomahawk - 2 defenders jumped up to contest him, knocking him off balance. He was still high enough that he just rotated his body about 90 degrees and threw it in with two hands on the side of the rim. Absolutely positively incredible.

IMO his second best dunk was his breakaway reverse dunk at the end of a game against Seton Hall his JR year. He jumped from like 10-11 feet out, did a 180 while flying towards the basket, and reversed it in. Amazing. I have a video of it somewhere in my OrangeNation archives.

John Wallace against Rhode Island in Hawaii his SR, jumping over Preston Murphy for a tomahawk is one of the most underappreciated 'Cuse dunks of all time.

Best Warrick dunk I ever saw was when he was in high school. Coming down on a fastbreak he jumped into the air about 2 feet inside of the foul line to try a one-handed tomahawk - 2 defenders jumped up to contest him, knocking him off balance. He was still high enough that he just rotated his body about 90 degrees and threw it in with two hands on the side of the rim. Absolutely positively incredible.

IMO his second best dunk was his breakaway reverse dunk at the end of a game against Seton Hall his JR year. He jumped from like 10-11 feet out, did a 180 while flying towards the basket, and reversed it in. Amazing. I have a video of it somewhere in my OrangeNation archives.

Re Warrick and Seton Hall, I think he got the ball in a similar position on the very next play but Boeheim held him up and he ran the clock out.

But yeah, I'd love to see that a again because it was his most acrobatic dunk that I remember.

I have no memory of the Rhode Island game being televised, kind of remember listening on the radio. But I'm sure I saw the Illinois and UMass games.

Re Warrick and Seton Hall, I think he got the ball in a similar position on the very next play but Boeheim held him up and he ran the clock out.

But yeah, I'd love to see that a again because it was his most acrobatic dunk that I remember.

I have no memory of the Rhode Island game being televised, kind of remember listening on the radio. But I'm sure I saw the Illinois and UMass games.

I have a VHS recording of the Rhode Island game.

I *heart* the KJo leave for Rautins for 3, who then instead hits Wes on the ooop for an easy dunk.
Such unselfish play, passing up a good look for a GREAT look. :cool:

which SYRACUSE players have been invited to the NCAA dunk contest ? i remember conrad mcrae getting invited. was HAK not invited or chose not to attend ? who am i missing ?

If everyone wants to post YouTube links of their favorite dunks outside of the Syracuse dunk tape, I'll put a new dunk tape together.

EDIT: Outside the ones already posted.
music ? may i suggest wayne newtons dunkashine.

Great thread. I am ashamed to say it, but I forget the name of the guy who for years posted before every, and I mean every, game about monster dunks. It made me laugh every time. Somebody help me remember.

Great thread. I am ashamed to say it, but I forget the name of the guy who for years posted before every, and I mean every, game about monster dunks. It made me laugh every time. Somebody help me remember.

Rauol Duke

Best player, with all do respect to Melo. DC was better at everything, when he was at his best.
DC was the most talented player to ever play at SU and in fact one of the most talented players in the history of the game .. he didn’t realize the potential to the degree he should have

DC was the most talented player to ever play at SU and in fact one of the most talented players in the history of the game .. he didn’t realize the potential to the degree he should have

I feel like DC did everything he was supposed to do until his body failed him. Whether that’s a sad story or a character flaw for an athlete seems to depend on whether the media likes the guy or not.

Karl Malone said once that he had the potential to be the best power forward ever.

I don’t remember who it was against and I couldn’t find video evidence, and I don’t even remember who threw the pass but does anyone remember Josh Wright’s alley oop?

Also, around that same time period Paul Harris threw down a huge dunk and ran down the court doing the “airplane”. Wish I remembered more details or could find the videos.

Also, around that same time period Paul Harris threw down a huge dunk and ran down the court doing the “airplane”. Wish I remembered more details or could find the videos.

That was against Nova in Philly.

That was against Nova in Philly.

I think that dunk was posted in here though. The one right before halftime?

I’m thinking of one at the Dome. I think it was an early season game.

Obviously the HW dunk against Texas in '03 meant a lot more and I'd say is probably the best, and there are other high profile dunks mentioned here -- I just recall where I was watching that Flynn dunk against Rutgers. Rutgers was making a little run and that dunk basically ended the game. I was watching in a bar in FL and lost it -- I always seem to put that at the top of my list.
Didn't see this one mentioned, but this was a pretty good one as well:

I think that dunk was posted in here though. The one right before halftime?

I’m thinking of one at the Dome. I think it was an early season game.

Alright, found it!

Doesn’t look as good as I remembered it on this camera view.

No video, but under the circumstances - how about Conrad McRae’s dunk at the buzzer against UConn to put the game into OT(where SU would win). How often do you see a dunk at the buzzer, let alone a meaningful one?

I don’t remember who it was against and I couldn’t find video evidence, and I don’t even remember who threw the pass but does anyone remember Josh Wright’s alley oop?

It was from Devendorf on the south end of the court. November or December game, I think. Probably 2006.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom